+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't get the fascination...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Don't get the fascination...

...with Sarah Palin.

Her "Alaska" TV show garnered the highest ratings in TLC history. And the lib media simply can not, will not, keep her out of the news. While channel surfing the other day I came across the typical lib talkin' head panel on one of those old, fading networks (of course, only 89 people were watching nationwide) and they featured Palin as one of the talking points. Why?

Poor ole Bobby Jindal has had to make the circuit (was on Gretta V.'s show last night) just to try to keep up!

Yeah, I agree with most of her positions on the issues. Then again, I agree with my grandma's views too. Just don't think grandma would make a good Prez (sorry, grandma).

When they start mentioning who MIGHT be the GOP contenders for 2012....it's ridiculous. Of course, as bad as it is, it's still light years better than what the dems will offer.

Need some true new blood in the mix.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: Don't get the fascination...

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    ...with Sarah Palin.

Her "Alaska" TV show garnered the highest ratings in TLC history. And the lib media simply can not, will not, keep her out of the news. While channel surfing the other day I came across the typical lib talkin' head panel on one of those old, fading networks (of course, only 89 people were watching nationwide) and they featured Palin as one of the talking points. Why?

Poor ole Bobby Jindal has had to make the circuit (was on Gretta V.'s show last night) just to try to keep up!

Yeah, I agree with most of her positions on the issues. Then again, I agree with my grandma's views too. Just don't think grandma would make a good Prez (sorry, grandma).

When they start mentioning who MIGHT be the GOP contenders for 2012....it's ridiculous. Of course, as bad as it is, it's still light years better than what the dems will offer.

I don't get why people hate her so much, and I do think she has been very good for America. That said, I don't really want her to be president, but if she were the option I would vote for her over obama or a third party.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

...with Sarah Palin.

Thank you!

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I don't get why people hate her so much, and I do think she has been very good for America. That said, I don't really want her to be president, but if she were the option I would vote for her over obama or a third party.
    My 10 year old saw her on TV the other day and said, "Ugh.. Sarah Palin." I asked him why he said that and he said, "Doesn't everybody hate Sarah Palin?" I told him that the liberals and the media sure do, but her show on TLC set records for viewership and her daughter is getting more votes than anybody on Dancing with the Stars (even though she is the worst dancer on the show), so I'm not so sure everybody hates her.... more like fascinated with her.

I think the fascination is that the liberals fear her. (aren't smart women supposed to be Liberals?). Well, she must be dumb then. The attacks by the media has endeared her to conservatives.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    My 10 year old saw her on TV the other day and said, "Ugh.. Sarah Palin." I asked him why he said that and he said, "Doesn't everybody hate Sarah Palin?" I told him that the liberals and the media sure do, but her show on TLC set records for viewership and her daughter is getting more votes than anybody on Dancing with the Stars (even though she is the worst dancer on the show), so I'm not so sure everybody hates her.... more like fascinated with her.

I think the fascination is that the liberals fear her. (aren't smart women supposed to be Liberals?). Well, she must be dumb then. The attacks by the media has endeared her to conservatives.
    Oh, I do know why the liberals hate and bash her- she is clearly a threat to them and I LOVE IT!!!! I haven't figured out why they hate her more, is it because her son Trig was brought into the world with DS and she didn't abort or that she tells the truth the way she sees it? Either way I have a ton of respect for her!

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

...with Sarah Palin.

I am not yet sold on Palin either, but I believe most conservatives have been influenced by the lib media portrayal of her as a dumb redneck woman from Alaska who is out of touch with the mainstream americans which she is not. Having said that she is much more qualified than BHO was when he burst on to the national scene and the media just idolized him. The difference of course him being a lib. In politics she is about as new blood as it gets and the last new blood bho really turned out swell:icon_wink:

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

She's terrible

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ddgravy View Post
    I am not yet sold on Palin either, but I believe most conservatives have been influenced by the lib media portrayal of her as a dumb redneck woman from Alaska who is out of touch with the mainstream americans which she is not. Having said that she is much more qualified than BHO was when he burst on to the national scene and the media just idolized him. The difference of course him being a lib. In politics she is about as new blood as it gets and the last new blood bho really turned out swell:icon_wink:
    Yeah. Because being a junior senator from Illinois is much worse than being a half-term governor from one of the least populated states in the country.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    She's terrible
    In what way, specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Yeah. Because being a junior senator from Illinois is much worse than being a half-term governor from one of the least populated states in the country.
    Citing her executive experience, the Republican National Convention keynote speaker (Rudy Guliani) called Palin “somebody of accomplishment” because “she's vetoed legislation, she's taken on corruption, and in her party, and won. She took on the oil companies and won. She administered a budget successfully.”

He also said Obama “is the least experienced candidate for president in the last 100 years."

“I mean, he's never run a city, he's never run a state, he's never run a business, he's never administered a payroll, he's never led people in crisis,” Giuliani said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4401610.shtml

I also believe that there are tons of people out there that allow the liberal media to shape there opinions. That to me is laughable!

Citing her executive experience, the Republican National Convention keynote speaker (Rudy Guliani) called Palin “somebody of accomplishment” because “she's vetoed legislation, she's taken on corruption, and in her party, and won. She took on the oil companies and won. She administered a budget successfully.”

He also said Obama “is the least experienced candidate for president in the last 100 years."

“I mean, he's never run a city, he's never run a state, he's never run a business, he's never administered a payroll, he's never led people in crisis,” Giuliani said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4401610.shtml
    I wasn't defending Nobama, I was just pointing out the fact that the experience difference between the two wasn't that great.

I also believe that there are tons of people out there that allow the liberal media to shape there opinions. That to me is laughable!
    I form my own opinions. If you don't agree with them, don't just say "those damn liberals have you all twisted". Some people can be conservatives/repubs. without swooning over the "gee-golly" soccer mom.

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I wasn't defending Nobama, I was just pointing out the fact that the experience difference between the two wasn't that great.
    I think Guiliani pointed out that it is a VERY great difference in experience. He's an agitator and she's a successful leader at the highest local and state levels. Even though they are small cities and states, the experience of running them is MUCH more experience than running an ACORN office and voting "present" in the Senate.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

In what way, specifically?
    Though she very well may, she sounds like she has absolutely no idea what she's talking about. Her voice is grating, and annoying. I do not want to listen to her.

She comes across as the Les Miles of politicians.

I would not trust her as president. There are easily a half dozen better options.

Not this guy.

+ Reply to Thread