+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't get the fascination...

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Don't get the fascination...

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    That is the only reason she gets as much attention as she does.
    I, for one, think she has a lot to offer to the national dialogue. And I tend to lean left.

Plus, I like her boobs.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

That is the only reason she gets as much attention as she does.
    I agree. She is a pop culture figure. Nothing more. She is cashing in.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I, for one, think she has a lot to offer to the national dialogue. And I tend to lean left.

Plus, I like her boobs.
    She has nice legs too but I bet her ass is lumpy.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Reading some of the comments, I guess it's time she poses for Playboy. That would give that declining rag a much-needed boost.

Back to the point...I used to be impressed with our leaders. Thinking about some of the great ones from the past: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Robert E. Lee, Ronald Reagan, and some "okay" ones that were thrust into a tough spot, like Lincoln, FDR, and some others, I would marvel and think, I could never measure up. But...

...along came Carter, and I said, well, the nation made a mistake. Then, along came Clinton who tarnished the Office, and I thought, hmmm, so much for high character. Then along came GWB, and I thought, another Carter? just on the right side of the political spectrum.

I am now 100% convinced I could be Prez and do a better job than anyone who has ever held the Office. No, seriously...

Then, I look at who IS Prez now and who MIGHT be in 2012.....whoa! It's not even a Office I much aspire to. It's tainted!

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Reading some of the comments, I guess it's time she poses for Playboy. That would give that declining rag a much-needed boost.

Back to the point...I used to be impressed with our leaders. Thinking about some of the great ones from the past: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Robert E. Lee, Ronald Reagan, and some "okay" ones that were thrust into a tough spot, like Lincoln, FDR, and some others, I would marvel and think, I could never measure up. But...

...along came Carter, and I said, well, the nation made a mistake. Then, along came Clinton who tarnished the Office, and I thought, hmmm, so much for high character. Then along came GWB, and I thought, another Carter? just on the right side of the political spectrum.

I am now 100% convinced I could be Prez and do a better job than anyone who has ever held the Office. No, seriously...

Then, I look at who IS Prez now and who MIGHT be in 2012.....whoa! It's not even a Office I much aspire to. It's tainted!
    Although I have no illusions that I could hold that office, I agree with almost all of your thoughts. We are a pop culture now. Our citizens respond to looks and sound bites, so we get rulers with pop appeal.

It is hard to see how this can turn around. Nobody will listen to a true debate anymore. Nobody will read a well though out proposal. I'm afraid it may be that we will have to hit rock bottom as a nation and lose our security and comforts before we face the reality that we are a shallow people.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    ...with Sarah Palin.

Need some true new blood in the mix.
    She is "new blood"

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Oh, I do know why the liberals hate and bash her- she is clearly a threat to them and I LOVE IT!!!! I haven't figured out why they hate her more, is it because her son Trig was brought into the world with DS and she didn't abort or that she tells the truth the way she sees it? Either way I have a ton of respect for her!
    Yes and yes!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Although I have no illusions that I could hold that office, I agree with almost all of your thoughts. We are a pop culture now. Our citizens respond to looks and sound bites, so we get rulers with pop appeal.

It is hard to see how this can turn around. Nobody will listen to a true debate anymore. Nobody will read a well though out proposal. I'm afraid it may be that we will have to hit rock bottom as a nation and lose our security and comforts before we face the reality that we are a shallow people.
    Shallow, as in: I would vote for Palin for Prez if she promised to pose for Playboy. That kind of shallow?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

It is hard to see how this can turn around. Nobody will listen to a true debate anymore. Nobody will read a well though out proposal.
    Did they ever?

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Look around the next time you're in a checkout line at the grocery store. I'd say around 75% of the people in line with you wouldn't be able to give you the name of the sitting VP of the US. At least that many would not know the name of their own Representative in Congress. That is as true in New York as it is in Louisiana. The majority of people in our country, as well as everywhere else, are just plain stupid. The election of Obama proved that. It is hard for me to hold out a lot of hope for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Look around the next time you're in a checkout line at the grocery store. I'd say around 75% of the people in line with you wouldn't be able to give you the name of the sitting VP of the US. At least that many would not know the name of their own Representative in Congress. That is as true in New York as it is in Louisiana. The majority of people in our country, as well as everywhere else, are just plain stupid. The election of Obama proved that. It is hard for me to hold out a lot of hope for the future.
    What, you are spending your time looking a people and you don't read the magazines at the checkout line? Are you telling me you don't believe that Hillary Clinton and Rush Limbaugh were abducted by aliens, and now she is going to have his baby? I was going to invite you to go to Wrestlemania with me, but not now.

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

The fascination is simply that she is the hottest politician in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by kdk008 View Post
    The fascination is simply that she is the hottest politician in the country.
    Nay, in the history of our country. Well, at least the ones I know of.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

We need to bring back literacy test and property ownership requirements to vote.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

We need to bring back literacy test and property ownership requirements to vote.
    RACIST!

Literacy or intelligence test I can go with. Property ownership not so much.

+ Reply to Thread