+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unscripted...

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Unscripted...

I found it!! The Marshall brothers ARE BACK!!!! If you get KSHV, check them out at 9:00 pm. The audio isn't the greatest, but the men are in mid-season form. I hate what happened to them on the radio, but i'm THRILLED that they are back in media.

http://www.kshv.com/unscripted

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...ripted&h=718f5

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Unscripted...

Bonzai's topic for the night: Name 10 RB's better than Emmitt Smith.

His list: (no order)
    Marshall Faulk
    Eric Dickerson
    LaDanian Tomlinson
    Slash Simpson
    Gale Sayers
    Jim Brown
    Walter Payton
    Tony Dorsett
    Earl Campbell
    (and I have forgotten the last one.... sorry)

JJ calls him out on not putting Barry Sanders on the list and he agrees that he just forgot about him.

So whatcha think??

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

There are scores of RBs better than Emmitt Smith.

Barry Sanders is the best, followed closely by Walter Payton, Gale Sayers, and Mitch Kupsteen.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    I hate what happened to them on the radio,
    What happened to them.

As good as Sanders was, it always amazes me that folks want to say "he was the best". I say he could have been the best.

Smith played on bad, medium, good, and great teams. Did good on all of them.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

I put Peyton ahead of Sanders because I like his running style more. He was a little tougher runner. I never saw Jim Brown play but all the old guys say he was the best. Emmet is a good back and a tough runner. He just didn't make a lot of yards "on his own". He also scored a ton of TDs because Irving had an uncanny ability to get tackled at the 1 yard line.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Payton was the best. Smith couldn't carry his jock. Except for the very end of his career he made all of his yards running behind a piss poor OL on piss poor teams. In addition to being one hell of a runner he was one of the most physical blockers I have ever seen. He usually led his team in recieving yards from the RB position. He threw for something like 8 td passes. He was often his teams 3rd string QB and even played an entire half at QB. He also punted the ball on several occasions. But my favorite was HOW he ran the ball. He didn't run out of bounds and dished punishment out to defenders. He actually sought out contact. Meanest guy on the field was it's nicest off of it constantly working with children in need. Great man.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Payton was the best. Smith couldn't carry his jock. Except for the very end of his career he made all of his yards running behind a piss poor OL on piss poor teams. In addition to being one hell of a runner he was one of the most physical blockers I have ever seen. He usually led his team in recieving yards from the RB position. He threw for something like 8 td passes. He was often his teams 3rd string QB and even played an entire half at QB. He also punted the ball on several occasions. But my favorite was HOW he ran the ball. He didn't run out of bounds and dished punishment out to defenders. He actually sought out contact. Meanest guy on the field was it's nicest off of it constantly working with children in need. Great man.
    +1

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

"Sweetness" +100

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I was too young too see him in anything other than highlight films but I would have really liked to have seen Gale Sayers play. He looked like a complete freak. Too bad he got hurt so early.

Man Chicago has only won 1 SB but they have sure had some awesome RB's and LB's. Not very many good QB's though. Probably their downfall.

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

He also had one of our finest, Roland Harper, blocking for him for most of his years.

+ Reply to Thread