+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Missouri State

Champ HUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the rough

Re: Missouri State

Yet another loss.....and it doesn't get ANY easier. Mississippi St, lsu, Tulane are some of the upcoming opponents. This season is going to get ugly.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUGETechfan View Post
    Yet another loss.....and it doesn't get ANY easier. Mississippi St, lsu, Tulane are some of the upcoming opponents. This season is going to get ugly.
    Yep.

FINAL Msu 62-53

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

another day....another loss.

The Techsters have managed (barely) to hold onto one vestige of the legacy of this program: never having a losing season. I know that one year that will go too. Was just hoping it wouldn't be the 2010-11 season. That's looking doubtful now...

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

It does appear right now that this will be an ugly season. The thing about the program last year and this year that is consistent is inconsistency. So depending on which team shows up in the coming week, the "ugly season" could be worse or better than anticipated. No, I've not drunk the kool-aid of Champion. I just didn't expect that this would be a great year. I was optimistic in predicting losses, and way off the mark to date, but the Techsters lost the majority of their scoring and game in losing Dowdell, and have not brought in strong players who can have an immediate impact, or at least not enough of them.

Right now, it seems like this team has the identity of Spoon and Co. They need to have their own identity, not hers. It wasn't about Leon it was about the players. Right now, it seems like everything is about Spoon. I continue to stand by the observation that she needs to let go of some of the control and allow Park to bring more game to the plan. She is the motivator, the general, but he is the strategist. That may be the way it's working currently, but it doesn't appear that way. That observation in no way suggests Spoon isn't a great coach. Too early to tell on that topic.

Yes, I will agree that Missouri State is a relatively "good" team. But they are not a great team. And the Techsters are not beating "good" teams right now, and struggling against other struggling teams. Confidence is lacking, and from the outside, it seems there is a bit of favoritism at play as well with regard to who gets playing time and when. That, of course, is totally from an outsider's perspective and there is no grounds on which to base that observation other than how it appears in the past few games.

On to muderer's row (Tulane, LSU, Miss State). Let's see if the Techsters can salvage some respect prior to the new year and conference time.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not going to read the whole thread, because I know it will bring me down. It was a very disappointing game. I will say this, though. I watched it all. We have an awesome (really awesome) team that is not playing well right now for some reason. Figure it out and we will be on our way. Our players really did not show their talent. Missouri State was not near as good of a team as Houston or UAB OR WKU. We just played poorly.

So, it is just a matter of getting our act together. Spoon was trying some different combination's on the court - hopefully, she will figure it out soon.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    hopefully, she will figure it out soon.
    And there is the real disappointment for me.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    And there is the real disappointment for me.
    I am not too worried, even though it is taking longer for this team than I thought it would. Spoon has shown that she can take a losing team and make it a winner for 2 years straight. It is a different make-up without Dowdell. Johnson is picking up a lot of slack. 2 new players are trying to fill in the middle, though, and it is going to take them a little time to get their stride. I have all the confidence in Spoon to right this ship.

Again, would have been great to start out great out of the gates, but it is just taking some time. The talent is there and she will get the right combo soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    another day....another loss.

The Techsters have managed (barely) to hold onto one vestige of the legacy of this program: never having a losing season. I know that one year that will go too. Was just hoping it wouldn't be the 2010-11 season. That's looking doubtful now...

We lost to the probably CUSA champ and split between the Belt probable top 2 teams. In fact, I think WKU will win the belt over UALR. Missouri State is picked to win their conference, as well - however, they played like the weaker of the teams named above. We just had a bad game - a bad streak of games. The other two losses were lapses during the game. This one was a bad game. We will get it together. Don't give up the ship. It is not sinking. It just is stalled.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

I am not going to read the whole thread, because I know it will bring me down. It was a very disappointing game. I will say this, though. I watched it all. We have an awesome (really awesome) team that is not playing well right now for some reason. Figure it out and we will be on our way. Our players really did not show their talent. Missouri State was not near as good of a team as Houston or UAB OR WKU. We just played poorly.

So, it is just a matter of getting our act together. Spoon was trying some different combination's on the court - hopefully, she will figure it out soon.
    Champion110, why do you have an overwhelming tendency to ignore reality? Spoon was trying to win with every fiber in her body. She always has and always will. It happened that none of the combinations that she tried prevented a loss. Or perhaps it would be more to your liking if I were to say, provided a win.

The reality at this point in the season is that the Techsters are 2-3 with a lot of formidable opponents left in the OOC schedule. The two wins were against teams with losing records (PV,1/2 and WKU, 0/5). There is little if any consolation in these stats.

Spoon's inexperience as a college coach (head or a assistant) is becoming more and more obvious. Will she become an excellent head coach? Only time will tell. Based on attendance thus far this season, the fan base has become impatient and very frustrated. So much so that they are staying home in noticeable numbers. Spoon is not filling the TAC based on her past reputation as a player, and that is exactly how it should be.

Yesterday is a canceled check and tomorrow is but a mere promissory note. Today is the only negotiable currency that we have. How about another cliche'? It is time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Puppy BACKTECHBLUE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBACKTECHBLUE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBACKTECHBLUE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBACKTECHBLUE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBACKTECHBLUE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBACKTECHBLUE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBACKTECHBLUE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBACKTECHBLUE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBACKTECHBLUE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBACKTECHBLUE Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBACKTECHBLUE Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I have been to two games and the exhibition game. I agree I think Spoon is a little over her head. I think she has a chance to be a good coach; but she needed to be an assistant in a top program for a few years. She has done some good things, but once the emotion wears off its all about coaching the kids. I do not see alot of improvement.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Yeah, I'm afraid I have to agree. Spoon would make a heck of an asst coach because of her recruiting ability. But I wish she would have had time to serve under the master before taking the reigns. I still haven't gotten over DR letting Kim get away. I get sick every time I think about it. I don't think any other asst coach in the county was groomed as well as she was. Hopefully Spoon will learn under fire though and maybe even get some pointers from Leon here and there and turn this program around.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

It is an undeniable fact that Louisiana Tech is the only DI program in the country that was willing to offer Spoon a head coaching position with her coaching resume'. So, we must grin and bear the growth pains, but it should be okay to recognize and discuss them when we see them.

We have had a rough start, but I am a little in shock at the doubters of Spoon. She turned our program around from loser to winner in one season. Won the WAC tournament last year by beating a Fresno team twice (once during the season and once in the tournament) that seemed to have our number for the past 3 years and is on her way to returning us to top 25 play. We have had a tough time of it over the last 3 games - getting beat by 3 conference favorites and, probably top 35 teams. The first 2 losses were by a combined 4 points. This last one would have been had we not had to foul so much at the end. Our offense went cold in the second half and we paid for it.

Yes, I am disappointed, but I have no doubts about our coach. Spoon can get this done. She knows the game and knows that work needs to be done to get this team back on track. I have the ultimate faith in her. As for our team, we played poorly yesterday. Still having some ups and downs and not consistent. That will come. I hate it that we couldn't roll to a 5-0 start. Would have been nice to start getting some top 25 votes, but all of you that sang Spoon's praises for the last 2 years should know that she will get things going again and we will rebound from this. I guarantee you that the Techsters will be working their butts off to get back on track. Spoon is a winner and she will get this team to be winners very quickly. We lost a phenomenal player to graduation and will have to wait for Anderson and Bramble-Donaldson to learn to put the points up. It will come, though.

We rushed the shots yesterday and couldn't get our offense going. Defense was fantastic. I want no other coach to put my faith in to get things turned around.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

0-2 in black jerseys...

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

We have had a rough start, but I am a little in shock at the doubters of Spoon. She turned our program around from loser to winner in one season. Won the WAC tournament last year by beating a Fresno team twice (once during the season and once in the tournament) that seemed to have our number for the past 3 years and is on her way to returning us to top 25 play. We have had a tough time of it over the last 3 games - getting beat by 3 conference favorites and, probably top 35 teams. The first 2 losses were by a combined 4 points. This last one would have been had we not had to foul so much at the end. Our offense went cold in the second half and we paid for it.

Yes, I am disappointed, but I have no doubts about our coach. Spoon can get this done. She knows the game and knows that work needs to be done to get this team back on track. I have the ultimate faith in her. As for our team, we played poorly yesterday. Still having some ups and downs and not consistent. That will come. I hate it that we couldn't roll to a 5-0 start. Would have been nice to start getting some top 25 votes, but all of you that sang Spoon's praises for the last 2 years should know that she will get things going again and we will rebound from this. I guarantee you that the Techsters will be working their butts off to get back on track. Spoon is a winner and she will get this team to be winners very quickly. We lost a phenomenal player to graduation and will have to wait for Anderson and Bramble-Donaldson to learn to put the points up. It will come, though.

We rushed the shots yesterday and couldn't get our offense going. Defense was fantastic. I want no other coach to put my faith in to get things turned around.
    You point out that the Techsters lost to (in your opinion) "top-35" teams, yet you say she is returning the Techsters to top-25 status. Those two cancel out the other. The FACTS are that the Techsters can't beat teams that are from even weaker conferences than the WAC. While I agree with you that it's too early to give up on Spoon, and none of my comments have suggested such, your defense is filled with emotional assumptions not based in the reality of what is going on. And you are entitled to those opinions, and this forum is all about opinions. While you may think some are giving up on Spoon, some think you are not paying attention.

In your defense, you said the same things of Long, that he would get it together and that you had no doubt that he would work hard and turn the program around. Spoon didn't turn a "loser" program into a "winner" program. She made some adjustments and getting Long out of the way helped that. I think Spoon has potential and I support her but stand by the argument that she is in a bit over her head. She has no head coaching experience on this level or any level that compares besides what she is learning at Tech. That isn't being a "doubter of Spoon." That is stating the absolute facts of what the situation is, and how the combination of her inexperience and lack of real star power on the court has combined for one of the worst starts in Techster history. If the program has the talent you speak of and is a good team but just not getting it together, that is at the feet of the coach.

Yes, there is still time to get it together. And yes, I still think the Techsters can win the WAC. That just isn't enough for the program to attract talent and move forward and become relevant once again. The program is in year four of "rebuilding." That rationale falls flat fairly soon, if it hasn't already.

+ Reply to Thread