Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.

I *finally* pulled the trigger on an HDTV, and while I only own one blu-ray disk, the lack of upscaling capabilities for my DVDs is making me eager to get a blu-ray player. I've been pouring through AVS, C-Net, NewEgg, etc., and am kind of overloaded. Hoping someone on here can help me narrow my search.

Here are my requirements:
-1080p (have a 50" plasma)
-Play blu-ray well (been reading reviews that suggest some players won't play some newer disks)
-Upconvert DVDs well
-Digital audio out (either optical or coax will be fine)
-Reasonable load time

Obviously, I just need a simple player. While streaming Netflix would be cute, I'm planning to have a PC connected to the TV, so that is not necessary. Absolutely don't care about Wi-Fi or 3D. Don't need it to read HD-DVDs or other dead HD formats.

If there were reliable, free software for playing BD from a PC-mounted player, that would be my first choice. But it doesn't seem that should be an option.

But for my requirements, I feel like it should be pretty reasonable to get a player that plays blu-ray well and upconverts DVDs well for less than $100, especially factoring out Wi-Fi and 3D. But I'm worried that if I buy a cheap player I won't get good load time and upconversion. Also, most of the reviews focus on features I don't care about, like streaming and 3D.

Anyway, any help folks can give is certainly welcome.