+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newsbot: Houma Courier Article on Livas Record

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Newsbot: Houma Courier Article on Livas Record

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Newsbot: Houma Courier Article on Livas Record

An AP story that could have been picked up by the Times or TNS by now.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    An AP story that could have been picked up by the Times or TNS by now.
    they are both still in shock....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I guess our own folks are too busy working up an new WBB story to tend to this great moment in Tech history.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

The Times, News-Star, and Leader were all sent two photo galleries (14 photos total) at 7:40 pm and 7:43 PST. I intended to send a third gallery, but as I was about to begin the third photo transmission back home, Livas's NCAA record-tying return took place.

I shoot throughout processing time up in the pressbox during the 2nd & 3rd quarters, so I was able to grab 14 frames on Livas (below) from the pressbox (not bad pix if you ask me). I concentrated on sending out one of Livas instead of the third set of gallery pix . . at 7:57 p.m. PST, 9:57 pm CST.

Patrick Walsh of Tech media relations also sent the same Livas photo down his email more complete Tech sports news network at 8:41 PST (10:41 CST)

Don't know what The Times did in their dead tree edition, but when we got home at 4 a.m. Sunday I got online and saw where The Times ran my 14-pic photo gallery online, but neglected the Livas return photo.

The News-Star ran nothing in the paper and have not posted anything online. Tech's west coast game started at 5 p.m. PST, but they concentrated on nlulm, elessewe and gsu games only.

The Leader ran the Tech media relations game story (along with quotes) so you know they got the latest reports before we departed Spartan Stadium, but used a action photo of Creer from the GSU game Labor Day weekend. No Livas used there even though both I and Patrick sent them a photo.

A gallery of 53 action photos were posted on the Tech athletics Facebook page at 9:35 p.m. PST. . . . with many of them also in a gallery on LaTechSports.com.

These early Gannett deadlines are killing the reporting of sports news in the paper editions.

I tried to get a Livas image out to the media as quickly as possible. Patrick had the information ready and I had a photo. Guess it'll be splashed all over Monday's paper.

Here is the sequence of the 15 shots I took. The image we emailed out is No. 3. When I saw Myke Compton take out those two SJSU defenders I knew SNL had a chance to go for the TD. Now. . . . will Nevada give him any chances Saturday starting at 2 p.m. at The Joe?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

the second 5 shots:

. . . and the score and the celebration!

Congratulations to Phil Livas!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Great sequence!

Update:
    The News-Star has added the game story and photo galleries online. Standby for Monday's dead tree edition. . . .

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Thanks for all you do for us Dawgpix!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Great block by Compton.

The guys blocking on returns, for a playmaker like SNL, have to be better motivated to work hard since they know if they'll block, he's got a great chance to deliver big.

Get another one SNL!

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

classic Compton

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Update:
    The News-Star has added the game story and photo galleries online. Standby for Monday's dead tree edition. . . .
    I can only attribute the News-Star's milestone on Sunday night to the fact that the post above sent BB&B fans to see the Livas photo.
    Just sayin . . . . .:icon_wink:
    http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...view-milestone

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Thanks for all you do for us Dawgpix!
    +1 Way to go Compton,Guillot,Rust and all special team players.

Varsity Bulldog ajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really niceajs008 is just really nice ajs008's Avatar

It is great watching Livas when he returns kicks. The students need to get out and see him in his last game. When, I was a Tech we Corey "Dance Dance Revolution" Brazil returning punts.

+ Reply to Thread