+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ESPN 30 for 30: The Best That Never Was

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

Thumbs Up ESPN 30 for 30: The Best That Never Was

I caught about 45 minutes of this one, "The Best That Never Was" about 2 1/2 weeks ago and told my wife that I had to DVR it so that I could see the entire 2 hour story. It came on this past Sunday night and I had the chance to watch the whole thing tonight. All I can say is "WOW!" I had never heard of a running back named Marcus Dupree out of Philadelphia, MS. Apparently every D1 school in America wanted him. If you get a chance to watch this it is a pretty amazing story and is my favorite 30 for 30 I have seen so far.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Re: ESPN 30 for 30: The Best That Never Was

I remember him. I remember watching him play on TV against Texas and Nebraska. He was only a freshman. After moving to Mississippi, I heard stories about his high school days. He was truly a man among boys at both levels. Most say he was better than Walter Payton and that is saying something around where I live. Walter is royalty around here.

He had some people "helping" him, that I think led him in the wrong direction and his time at Oklahoma was not happy. He didn't really want to go there. Not sure what would have happened had he stayed closer to home. He also had a brief career with the NFL and USFL, but blew out his knees and never was the same. He drives a truck now, doing well, last I heard. Also raises cattle and horses, not far from where I live in Madison County, Mississippi.
    Last edited by Tdawg87; 11-30-2010 at 03:41 PM.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Re: ESPN 30 for 30: The Best That Never Was

+ Reply to Thread