+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attendance?

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Attendance?

I missed the announcement at the game. How many we're at the Nevada game?

Also what was the average for the year?

Champ Salvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant future Salvatore Assante's Avatar

Re: Attendance?

Today's attendance: 18,562 #LATechSports

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Assante View Post
    Today's attendance: 18,562 #LATechSports
    And I believe that was the REAL attendance. I was guessing about 19K. I was very surprised at the turnout. It was a darn good crowd for a December game, especially when you consider how poorly this team played at home all year.

They can't bitch about the crowd this week. If they want more people there, they need to start winning.

HD

Varsity Bulldog bulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the ears bulldog95's Avatar

Season avg was 19,485. Fourth in WAC. About 64% of capacity at Joe Aillet.

Champ HUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the rough

I took the attendance of our 6 home games (Navy, Southern Miss, Utah St, Idaho, Fresno, and Nevada) and divided by 6 and it turned out an average attendance of 19,485 with a low of 16,073 against Utah St and a high of 23,122 against Navy. So our average attendance this year is actually a little bit lower than last year. I believe last year's was right at 20,000.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog95 View Post
    Season avg was 19,485. Fourth in WAC. About 64% of capacity at Joe Aillet.
    But even more significant, we had more home games this year (6) than we've had in the past when they did the previous counts. Averaging 19,485 for 6 games was a pretty good performance. Especially when you consider how poorly the team played at home this year. Folks just kept coming out. I think student attendance has improved dramatically over the past 2 or 3 years.

HD

Champ Salvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant future Salvatore Assante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUGETechfan View Post
    I took the attendance of our 6 home games (Navy, Southern Miss, Utah St, Idaho, Fresno, and Nevada) and divided by 6 and it turned out an average attendance of 19,485 with a low of 16,073 against Utah St and a high of 23,122 against Navy. So our average attendance this year is actually a little bit lower than last year. I believe last year's was right at 20,000.
    What about evening games vs. day games?

Champ HUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the rough

Well we only had two games played in the evening (6 p.m.) All the other games were at 3, Nevada game was at 2. The two evening games both drew over 22,000 but look at who we played----two very good non conference opponents (Southern Miss and Navy). So 3 things have a BIG impact on attendance---the time, opponent, and whether we're winning games or not. But if you really want to compare attendance on day vs. evening games, I would recommend looking at attendance over many years (10 or so) and comparing day vs. evening games, not just 1 year. With that said I am one who favors evening over day games.

Varsity Bulldog osl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time osl530's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUGETechfan View Post
    I am one who favors evening over day games.

ditto! day games suck!

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

I prefer day games because I get back to BR at a more reasonable hour, but that is just me being selfish. Will be there no matter what time. Another thing to consider on the attendance figures is that this year was the first for the electronic counting. That would make this year's numbers more accurate than previous.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    I prefer day games because I get back to BR at a more reasonable hour, but that is just me being selfish. Will be there no matter what time. Another thing to consider on the attendance figures is that this year was the first for the electronic counting. That would make this year's numbers more accurate than previous.
    I way prefer the day games as well.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

In November and December, I think we need to play day games. But if we stay in the WAC We need to stand up to Benson. Fresno and their bottle throwing fans are out of the WAC after next year. We need to put our team facing away from the sun and tell Benson to shove it.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Dooley's reasoning for afternoon games was to keep the team from getting restless with a long wait for the kickoff. He stated this as the truth, but I always suspected it was him who didn't like to wait.

BVDV blamed Dykes for the afternoon games this year and Dykes did say that the heat made a big difference in the USU victory. He didn't comment on the Fresno game.:icon_wink:

I realize out of town folks enjoy the convenience of afternoon games and getting home early, but we pay a huge price in local attendance when we have these afternoon games that eliminate local families who have little league football and soccer leagues.

6:00 until time changes

5:00 after time changes.

3:00 game okay for HC only.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    dooley's reasoning for afternoon games was to keep the team from getting restless with a long wait for the kickoff. He stated this as the truth, but i always suspected it was him who didn't like to wait.

Bvdv blamed dykes for the afternoon games this year and dykes did say that the heat made a big difference in the usu victory. He didn't comment on the fresno game.:icon_wink:

I realize out of town folks enjoy the convenience of afternoon games and getting home early, but we pay a huge price in local attendance when we have these afternoon games that eliminate local families who have little league football and soccer leagues.

6:00 until time changes

5:00 after time changes.

3:00 game okay for hc only.
    +1000000000000

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    We missed Fresno St and Idaho because of the early start times which conflicted with my son's football games. Had those games been at 6 PM my family would have certainly made the drive from Dallas.

I'm sure there are plenty of Tech fans (local or not) who can't/won't justify buying season tickets when 4 of our 6 home games are scheduled for 2PM/3PM kickoffs. As you stated, these families simply can't wrap up their 'kid obligations' and then drive to Ruston (4 hours in my case) by 3PM.

+ Reply to Thread