+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Attendance?

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

Re: Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Dooley's reasoning for afternoon games was to keep the team from getting restless with a long wait for the kickoff. He stated this as the truth, but I always suspected it was him who didn't like to wait.

BVDV blamed Dykes for the afternoon games this year and Dykes did say that the heat made a big difference in the USU victory. He didn't comment on the Fresno game.:icon_wink:

I realize out of town folks enjoy the convenience of afternoon games and getting home early, but we pay a huge price in local attendance when we have these afternoon games that eliminate local families who have little league football and soccer leagues.

6:00 until time changes

5:00 after time changes.

3:00 game okay for HC only.
    To go from 64% of the Joe's capacity to full capacity we are going to need a lot of out of town attendance. That is why most major college games are played in the afternoon unless TV dictates otherwise. It's no fun to drive home 50 to 100 miles at 9:30 or so. That is also a detractor to bringing young kids. There is no perfect answer but AQ schools that draw far better than us generally play in the afternoon on weekends.

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    I prefer day games because I get back to BR at a more reasonable hour, but that is just me being selfish. Will be there no matter what time. Another thing to consider on the attendance figures is that this year was the first for the electronic counting. That would make this year's numbers more accurate than previous.
    Not for the students. Every time I went through the gate this season there has been a woman there with a hand clicker doing the counting and visually checking the IDs. Also, for the Nevada game, the huge drive-through gate on the east side just north of the student entrance was wide open. There's no telling how many people walked through there instead of the actual student entrance.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

One other reason I have heard for the afternoon rather than evening games is to get the score shown on the national sports programs. This may not be as important now with ESPN and the internet but its still nice to see the LaTech on the crawler on the bottom of the screen.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdawg View Post
    To go from 64% of the Joe's capacity to full capacity we are going to need a lot of out of town attendance. That is why most major college games are played in the afternoon unless TV dictates otherwise. It's no fun to drive home 50 to 100 miles at 9:30 or so. That is also a detractor to bringing young kids. There is no perfect answer but AQ schools that draw far better than us generally play in the afternoon on weekends.
    The school down south seems to draw decent crowds during their night games...

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

One other reason I have heard for the afternoon rather than evening games is to get the score shown on the national sports programs. This may not be as important now with ESPN and the internet but its still nice to see the LaTech on the crawler on the bottom of the screen.
    It hasn't been real nice to see our scores on the crawler the last few years!:bigcry:

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdawg View Post
    Our attendance went down when we had the first two 3:00 games (this year and last year). Our fans have other things to do with their families in the afternoon. This ain't rocket science and there is a perfect answer...play night games.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Not a reason, but a result.

I'm telling y'all this was a Jim Oakes experiment that never worked. Dooley tried it. It still didn't work and it didn't work this year.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Students like night games a lot better.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Students like night games a lot better.
    Families who purchase tailgate spots like night games a lot better.

More value for my dollar.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

Night = Right. I'm ok with keeping home coming an afternoon game but the atmosphere in the Joe is so much better at night. I'm just glad we don't play the 12 o'clock games the Big 10+2 loves so much.

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Look like attendance was actually up this year.

1. LATechPWalsh
      2008-2010 marked the first time Tech has put 100k+ fans in the seats three consecutive years! #LATechSports 6 minutes ago via TweetDeck
    2. LATechPWalsh
      Thanks to all the Tech fans who came Tech games this year. 116,908 = new single season attendance record by more than 8,700! #LATechSports 10 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Champ HUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the rough

The key is for loyal fans like myself and thousands of others to bring one or two people WHO WOULDN'T OTHERWISE COME to a game and that's how attendance will rise. We can't just sit back and wish it. I bought 4 season tickets this year and it's just me. I'm not married, no kids or anything. And I used my season tickets every single game, all 4 of them. That's the trick----if just half of the people who came to Tech games regularly would invite someone WHO WOULDN'T OTHERWISE COME, you would see instead of 18 and 19K, 25 and 26K. We have to work for it if we want the good stuff.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HUGETechfan View Post
    The key is for loyal fans like myself and thousands of others to bring one or two people WHO WOULDN'T OTHERWISE COME to a game and that's how attendance will rise. We can't just sit back and wish it. I bought 4 season tickets this year and it's just me. I'm not married, no kids or anything. And I used my season tickets every single game, all 4 of them. That's the trick----if just half of the people who came to Tech games regularly would invite someone WHO WOULDN'T OTHERWISE COME, you would see instead of 18 and 19K, 25 and 26K. We have to work for it if we want the good stuff.
    I try to bring friends too. But I have friends who still have to work for a living, even on Sat that can't make afternoon games. Day games also kill tailgating.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFight71 View Post
    Night = Right. I'm ok with keeping home coming an afternoon game but the atmosphere in the Joe is so much better at night. I'm just glad we don't play the 12 o'clock games the Big 10+2 loves so much.
    I'm sure someone is going to point out how i'm wrong - but why does HC have to be during the day? If there's so much stuff going on it gives you more time during the day to do it. It's not like there's a homecoming dance after the game. The old folks go back home and the young folks can go to Rabbs and 3 Doc. Plus it would help the local economy if more people spend the night.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    Look like attendance was actually up this year.

1. LATechPWalsh

2008-2010 marked the first time Tech has put 100k+ fans in the seats three consecutive years! #LATechSports 6 minutes ago via TweetDeck
    2. LATechPWalsh
      Thanks to all the Tech fans who came Tech games this year. 116,908 = new single season attendance record by more than 8,700! #LATechSports 10 minutes ago via TweetDeck
    But does't this single season record include more home games that we usually have?

+ Reply to Thread