+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSU at it again

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: LSU at it again

"The Louisiana Flagship Coalition, which was incorporated this week, plans to hire a team of lobbyists to push a multifaceted agenda designed to give LSU's main campus a different set of rules than other public colleges and universities in the state."

Wow

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    "The Louisiana Flagship Coalition, which was incorporated this week, plans to hire a team of lobbyists to push a multifaceted agenda designed to give LSU's main campus a different set of rules than other public colleges and universities in the state."

Wow
    At least the LSU folks are upfront and honest about it now. I thought LSU had a different set of rules than the rest of Louisiana's universities for years.

The members of the coalition include the COO/VP of Lamar Advertising, the President & CEO of Gannett Broadcasting, the founder of Cajun Contractors, and the CEO of Roy O. Martin Lumber.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I wish we started the North Louisiana Flagship Coalition just to piss them off.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    At least the LSU folks are upfront and honest about it now. I thought LSU had a different set of rules than the rest of Louisiana's universities for years.

The members of the coalition include the COO/VP of Lamar Advertising, the President & CEO of Gannett Broadcasting, the founder of Cajun Contractors, and the CEO of Roy O. Martin Lumber.

I worked at Roy O Martin Lumber for a few years, and the CEO is Roy O Martin III. I always liked Roy (though he is a little pompous and full of himself), but he is no doubt a huge LSU homer. He is in tight with Jindal and has a lot of political stroke.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand why this should only be applied to LSU and not all of the state universities.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

They are talking about saving money, you know Bobby will listen. It sounds like they want to be able to cut through bureaucratec red tape faster. Hell, why dont we just implement this for all schools? Well, at least the ones that can be trusted to be responsible.

Varsity Bulldog LThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I don't get what you're saying LSU is "at again"

"The long-term goal is to lift LSU academically while making the school less reliant on state support."

I dont see how this is a bad thing...

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LThoo View Post

"The long-term goal is to lift LSU academically while making the school less reliant on state support."

Just between you and me...it's a bad thing because LSU is doing it. Had Tech come up with the idea, it would be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Like I said, keep that between me and you.

The purple and gold ain't much liked around here.:icon_wink:

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

If it is a good thing, then why can't the other Universities get the same exemptions. Why is this ONLY for LSU?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    Just between you and me...it's a bad thing because LSU is doing it. Had Tech come up with the idea, it would be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Like I said, keep that between me and you.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    If it is a good thing, then why can't the other Universities get the same exemptions. Why is this ONLY for LSU?
    This is most of the issue right here. It isn't just that LSU is doing something, it's that they want to be able to do something and to make sure no other school can do it.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    This is most of the issue right here. It isn't just that LSU is doing something, it's that they want to be able to do something and to make sure no other school can do it.

Exactly.

This is a good thing. It just needs to be available to all state schools to help with budget cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post

The bold part is true.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Just another example of a group wanting to insert another layer of separation. I'd say they're insecure.
    Likewise, a Tech-oriented coalition of moves and shakers should be in the chute, ready to come out with a Tech plan.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Which is fine, but why is it not extended to other schools? There has to be some strategic advantage they are trying to garner by being less reliant on state funding (ie it can get you more state funding, it boosts rankings, it helps you in some way). A reason exists for them to want hold this all to themselves, I just dont know what it is. If it is as simple as helping the state out, then the model should be extended to all public schools.

+ Reply to Thread