+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LSU at it again

Varsity Bulldog LThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: LSU at it again

I think if it works there, we'll see extended to more and more universities in Louisiana.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Just another example of a group wanting to insert another layer of separation. I'd say they're insecure.
    Likewise, a Tech-oriented coalition of moves and shakers should be in the chute, ready to come out with a Tech plan.
    We have a Tech-oriented coalition?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LThoo View Post
    I think if it works there, we'll see extended to more and more universities in Louisiana.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by LThoo View Post
    I don't get what you're saying LSU is "at again"

"The long-term goal is to lift LSU academically while making the school less reliant on state support."

I dont see how this is a bad thing...
    Key = long-term goal... kinda like Huey Long's long-term goal was to make LSU less reliant on state support...

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    We have a Tech-oriented coalition?
    Certainly you jest?
    Being the SACOTU I thought you were a member. ;-)
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Which is fine, but why is it not extended to other schools? There has to be some strategic advantage they are trying to garner by being less reliant on state funding (ie it can get you more state funding, it boosts rankings, it helps you in some way). A reason exists for them to want hold this all to themselves, I just dont know what it is. If it is as simple as helping the state out, then the model should be extended to all public schools.
    This isn't as much about helping the state as it is helping LSU deal with Budget cuts. All state schools are dealing with budget cuts so why not let all of them deal with them the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Certainly you jest?
    Being the SACOTU I thought you were a member. ;-)
    I'm curious to know about our coalition...

LSU, Lafayette, Southeastern, Southern, and Tulane are the only schools to have hired lobbyists...

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Can we get our own Louisiana system and create our own rules too? I think life would be much easier for our University if we could do whatever we wanted whenever we wanted too.

If you think this coalition will help the other state schools, you are sorely mistaken... This is about LSU and LSU only... Just read the excerpts...

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...ons_if_it.html

"Louisiana State University is handcuffed into paying too much for everything from beakers and surgical gloves to computers and employee pensions, according to a new group that wants the school to be exempt from a broad array of state regulations and oversight."

"Louisiana deserves a public flagship university every bit as strong ... as public flagship universities in other states," Sean Reilly told the Press Club of Baton Rouge. "That's what this plan is all about."

"The coalition was formed this month by a group of businessmen bent on boosting LSU's main campus at a time when state support for higher education is shrinking."

"Instead of having to compete against other state and local needs for infrastructure dollars, the coalition wants LSU to get a fixed sum of $17 million a year for construction and building maintenance that it could spend however it wants."

"While the coalition's efforts have support from the Jindal administration, it does not yet have full buy-in from the other university systems and campus heads, let alone the legislators who would have to consider the proposals in the spring."

"Reilly said Lombardi was "very, very supportive" of the group's proposals, but that he remains concerned about how the changes would affect other schools."

My favorite comment on the article...
    "For LSU to succeed it must be set loose from the other schools that are holding it back due to regional politics."

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

If you think this coalition will help the other state schools, you are sorely mistaken... This is about LSU and LSU only... Just read the excerpts...

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...ons_if_it.html

"Louisiana State University is handcuffed into paying too much for everything from beakers and surgical gloves to computers and employee pensions, according to a new group that wants the school to be exempt from a broad array of state regulations and oversight."

"Louisiana deserves a public flagship university every bit as strong ... as public flagship universities in other states," Sean Reilly told the Press Club of Baton Rouge. "That's what this plan is all about."

"The coalition was formed this month by a group of businessmen bent on boosting LSU's main campus at a time when state support for higher education is shrinking."

"Instead of having to compete against other state and local needs for infrastructure dollars, the coalition wants LSU to get a fixed sum of $17 million a year for construction and building maintenance that it could spend however it wants."

"While the coalition's efforts have support from the Jindal administration, it does not yet have full buy-in from the other university systems and campus heads, let alone the legislators who would have to consider the proposals in the spring."

"Reilly said Lombardi was "very, very supportive" of the group's proposals, but that he remains concerned about how the changes would affect other schools."

My favorite comment on the article...
    "For LSU to succeed it must be set loose from the other schools that are holding it back due to regional politics."
    Wow, did he say that crap with a straight face? Comment of the year from the biggest douche.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I'm curious to know about our coalition...

LSU, Lafayette, Southeastern, Southern, and Tulane are the only schools to have hired lobbyists...
    If I have to tell you who's our "lobbyists", then you haven't been playing the home version of the game.

Why pay money for lobbyists?

All LSU is doing is "telling their story" forcing it on whomever will listen. And, IMHO, I can't blame them for trying.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

I actually think this could backfire against lsu, students and professors earlier this year didn't get much support in their rally's against the state budget cuts. I think the lsu gets what they want mentality is dying as people wake up and realize the government (state & fed) can't keep spending money at breakneck speeds.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

All the more reason for me to keep praying for that meteor to strike their campus.

Ar even a good radiation leak that renders the entire campus un-inhabitable for 5 centuries or so would suffice.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby View Post
    All the more reason for me to keep praying for that meteor to strike their campus.

Ar even a good radiation leak that renders the entire campus un-inhabitable for 5 centuries or so would suffice.
    Most Baton Rougers wouldn't even notice such events....

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tdawg87 View Post
    Just between you and me...it's a bad thing because LSU is doing it. Had Tech come up with the idea, it would be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Like I said, keep that between me and you.

The purple and gold ain't much liked around here.:icon_wink:
    That last statement is true. I hate them more than just about anyone. But to your earlier point about "had Tech come up with it..." I PROMISE YOU...if Louisiana Tech had said, "Louisiana Tech wants to be exempted from the rules that every other state school has to play by...blah blah blah" it would have been squashed like a bug, and it would have hit Bobby Jindal's email box as SPAM.

That's the way this screwed up state rolls.

+ Reply to Thread