+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 mph cushion

Hybrid View

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

10 mph cushion

...is now at 5 mph. Of course this is all in the name of safety on our roads.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Re: 10 mph cushion

Ok MD, what jurisdiction? Need more detail I'm on the road 2 hours a day.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I always thought the cushion was 5 mph. I got pulled over outside of Little Rock for going 75 in a 70. Wound up with a written warning, but I couldn't believe I was pulled over for that.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

LSP issued a notice back a few weeks ago. Supposedly, this past weekend was the first weekend for the new enforcement. The local agencies usually key off of the State Police so they'll all be out trying to make an extra buck.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the cushion was determined by different cities/Parishes/Counties. I do 4 over now, since I got a ticket for 6 over a month ago in a little town in Texas. I hate when it is 70 and you are coming up to a 60 limit and slowing down. I was at 66 and slowing right as I hit the sign - lights came on behind me.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

In today's NS.
    It's being pushed by grants from Highway Commission to local agencies.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...s+under+arrest
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    In today's NS.
    It's being pushed by grants from Highway Commission to local agencies.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...s+under+arrest
    This is a different fund raiser.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

I always run +7 in LA and TX, and never have a problem. I drive from Ruston to DFW every 2 weeks.

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

I drive five days a week,north,south and west. Soonerdawg has the three d's right. I don't think there is a safe place to test the cushion anymore. It depends to much on what day you catch them and how bad they need cash.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

It's weird......our speed limits are about the same today as they were in the 1950's. Never mind the fact that today's roads and highways are much better, the vehicles we drive are much safer, and the safety equipment we use (seat belts, airbags, etc.....) are 100 times better than what we had in the 1950's. Go figure.

HD

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    It's weird......our speed limits are about the same today as they were in the 1950's. Never mind the fact that today's roads and highways are much better, the vehicles we drive are much safer, and the safety equipment we use (seat belts, airbags, etc.....) are 100 times better than what we had in the 1950's. Go figure.

HD
    Yeah, but all the drivers born after the 1950s just don't have a clue, HD.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Yeah, but all the drivers born after the 1950s just don't have a clue, HD.
    And those born significantly BEFORE the 50's have been become clueless too.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And those born significantly BEFORE the 50's have been become clueless too.
    Of course!:icon_wink:

Drove over 600 miles into west Texas yesterday...

Do people who spend 50K for a vehicle realize they have a cruise control?

I'm beginning to agree with the no cell phone while driving deal.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Drove over 600 miles into west Texas yesterday...

Do people who spend 50K for a vehicle realize they have a cruise control?

I'm beginning to agree with the no cell phone while driving deal.
    I agree with you. I spend two hours a day on I-20 and I can't figure out why the jackass passes me and a couple of miles down the road I have to pass him. Then there's the jackasses who speed up when you try to pass them like it's some sort of race. I won't even get in to my opinion on most "Professional" truck drivers.

+ Reply to Thread