+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10 mph cushion

Champ okiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud ofokiealdawg has much to be proud of

Re: 10 mph cushion

Sadly I was in a wreck earlier this year with a young lady on her cell phone that lost control and we hit head on. All I saw was a red flash before we hit.

She died on impact and was on the phone with her mother... I was mostly okay just really beat up. Cell phones and driving make things very dangerous out there. Texting is even worse.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by okiealdawg View Post
    Sadly I was in a wreck earlier this year with a young lady on her cell phone that lost control and we hit head on. All I saw was a red flash before we hit.

She died on impact and was on the phone with her mother... I was mostly okay just really beat up. Cell phones and driving make things very dangerous out there. Texting is even worse.
    I've heard a similar story of a girl who died while driving and talking on the phone to her dad. I think she may have even been using a hands-free device.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

If local governments are looking for quick revenue, they need to start enforcing State noise laws. Everyone....especially those who have illegally tampered with their pipes...knows it's against the law and is supposed to bring a nice ticket/fine.

As for speeding. Well, I have gotten maybe 5 or 6 tix in my lifetime (in 37 years of driving) and I hated each one. But! I deserved each one. I was speeding.

Watch that rear-looking radar. My last one came when I was steadily gaining on a State Trooper in an unmarked car. He pulled off....waited...then nailed me. Luckily it was only +13....$193. A cheap lesson learned.

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

The other day I even passed a Grambling cop waiting for speeders on 20. That is rare even by todays standards

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Rock slides and bad weather gnarl that thing up tremendously. I've seen some bad stuff along that stretch of road.
    I am not talking about the area they do the blasting. I am talking about the twenty mile stretch that begins at the Alabama state line and ends where the three lane begins. Just drove through it again.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    If local governments are looking for quick revenue, they need to start enforcing State noise laws. Everyone....especially those who have illegally tampered with their pipes...knows it's against the law and is supposed to bring a nice ticket/fine.

As for speeding. Well, I have gotten maybe 5 or 6 tix in my lifetime (in 37 years of driving) and I hated each one. But! I deserved each one. I was speeding.

Watch that rear-looking radar. My last one came when I was steadily gaining on a State Trooper in an unmarked car. He pulled off....waited...then nailed me. Luckily it was only +13....$193. A cheap lesson learned.
    As someone who lived across the street from the PIKE house, I would love nothing more than for Ruston to actually enforce this law.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    You aren't a criminal defense attorney, are you?? :icon_wink:
    You know the answer to that one Mr. Persecutor.:icon_wink:

Hey, I am just trying to get y'all a new form of revenue.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sw View Post
    The other day I even passed a Grambling cop waiting for speeders on 20. That is rare even by todays standards
    They do it almost every morning.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    As someone who lived across the street from the PIKE house, I would love nothing more than for Ruston to actually enforce this law.
    Why didn't you join them? :icon_wink:

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

So, I know a guy who got pulled over tonight and got the 14-over ticket reduced to a warning because the speeder and the deputy share the same tattoo guy.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Dude.....it's called COLLEGE.......Enjoy it, and join in.

HD

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    They do it almost every morning.
    labg

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I am not talking about the area they do the blasting. I am talking about the twenty mile stretch that begins at the Alabama state line and ends where the three lane begins. Just drove through it again.
    They did a story in the Post and Courier about a family from the Charleston area that was driving back to SC on that stretch and a woman driving in front of them hit a pot hole and threw a chunk of pavement that hit their car and killed the wife. Apparently they permanently lowered the speed limit after that until that stretch of interstate can be redone. I drove it last week and you're right, its maddening.

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Looks like there are some former PIKES around :icon_wink:

Seriously though, I'm not talking about the average loud truck. There was one in particular you could hear from pretty much anywhere in town.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Looks like there are some former PIKES around :icon_wink:

Seriously though, I'm not talking about the average loud truck. There was one in particular you could hear from pretty much anywhere in town.
    There is a state law against that. Local police do not enforce the law though.

I suppose it's gonna take someone filing a formal complaint against the truck owner.

+ Reply to Thread