+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $290K/year for Lincoln Center stagehand

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Re: $290K/year for Lincoln Center stagehand

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I want JuBru to be my boss when it comes to salaries. Unfortunately if you think that is reasonable you will never be the owner- you would never be able to stay in business.
    Are NYC performing arts centers having trouble staying in business? Would you prefer the money be stripped from their salaries and given to the owners instead?

If these salaries are unreasonable, they should fire all of the stagehands and refuse to do business with union employees. With unemployment where it is, they shouldn't have a hard time finding replacements.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Are NYC performing arts centers having trouble staying in business? Would you prefer the money be stripped from their salaries and given to the owners instead?

If these salaries are unreasonable, they should fire all of the stagehands and refuse to do business with union employees. With unemployment where it is, they shouldn't have a hard time finding replacements.
    Agreed!

Or with liberals so concerned about the performing arts and the poor; fire all of these over priced "stagehands" and cut ticket prices or make them for free so the "down and outs" can enjoy some culture. Wait, alternate the seating so that the wealthy libs and the poor alternate seats next to each other and it would be perfect. Think that will ever happen? Yea right!

Just like will the screaming liberal elitist write that extra check and pay more taxes just because they feel guilty and think they should. Yea right!

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

the top paid stagehand at Carnegie Hall makes $422,599 a year in salary

...and he probably pays $20,000 a month in union dues. Then the union slips the community organizer 10k of that under the table every month....of that, the community organizer puts $1 in a Salvation Army kettle every Christmas and everybody's happy.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Agreed!

Or with liberals so concerned about the performing arts and the poor; fire all of these over priced "stagehands" and cut ticket prices or make them for free so the "down and outs" can enjoy some culture. Wait, alternate the seating so that the wealthy libs and the poor alternate seats next to each other and it would be perfect. Think that will ever happen? Yea right!

Just like will the screaming liberal elitist write that extra check and pay more taxes just because they feel guilty and think they should. Yea right!
    Liberals aren't the only people who are concerned about and support the performing arts.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

What I would prefer is that they not have any funding from any taxpayer dollars. If they do then the money should be taken out of the salaries and govt. funding stopped. I would never want to give a penny of govt. money to any of the performing arts centers and we have amazing amounts of money going to support so-called "art." I don't know if we give to them or not- I certainly hope not.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Liberals aren't the only people who are concerned about and support the performing arts.
    They are the holier than thou most outspoken about them; especially the amoral acts of the "performing arts".

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hoppinmad View Post
    ...and he probably pays $20,000 a month in union dues. Then the union slips the community organizer 10k of that under the table every month....of that, the community organizer puts $1 in a Salvation Army kettle every Christmas and everybody's happy.
    I see you've seen the gameplan

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    What I would prefer is that they not have any funding from any taxpayer dollars. If they do then the money should be taken out of the salaries and govt. funding stopped. I would never want to give a penny of govt. money to any of the performing arts centers and we have amazing amounts of money going to support so-called "art." I don't know if we give to them or not- I certainly hope not.
    I tend to feel businesses should be free to practice how they see fit with a few exceptions. Receiving government support is definitely one of those exceptions.

And apparently, they do receive a lot of government support. I don't have an opinion regarding the NY city and state funding. That's none of our business. I don't think the federal support is warranted unless there is some expected future return on the investment. The local community theater uses volunteers for stagehands and does a decent job, but I doubt many people come from out of state to see their version of Mame.

For what it's worth, the non-union employees appear to be well paid too.

However, maybe JuBru would be the kind of business owner to pay his employees top dollar as to attract the best employees so that his business could provide the highest quality?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I tend to feel businesses should be free to practice how they see fit with a few exceptions. Receiving government support is definitely one of those exceptions.

And apparently, they do receive a lot of government support. I don't have an opinion regarding the NY city and state funding. That's none of our business. I don't think the federal support is warranted unless there is some expected future return on the investment. The local community theater uses volunteers for stagehands and does a decent job, but I doubt many people come from out of state to see their version of Mame.

For what it's worth, the non-union employees appear to be well paid too.

However, maybe JuBru would be the kind of business owner to pay his employees top dollar as to attract the best employees so that his business could provide the highest quality?
    I totally agree with you here. IMHO if we support them this should not be happening. Once they take govt. money then they are not a private business any longer and this pay is unreasonable.

+ Reply to Thread