+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saints strugglin

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Saints strugglin

I have been trying to say for a long that the Saints offense has been figured out by the entire league. It took a year for the flair to wear off, but everyone knows what to do to make them screw up. You can't run the same thing year in and year out and win. With the exception of the Patriots, the rest of the league proves this. The Pats are a freak show, but the Colts, Saints, Steelers, and others have to make major adjustments to be successful. You watch the Falcons next year and ask me if I am right. Next year, if the Falcons don't do things way different than this year, everyone will know how to play them.

†his is driving me nuts!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Saints strugglin

We're in the playoffs.

All bets are off.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Final: Saints 17 - Falcons 14

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

OMG I LOVE DREW BREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you dear Lord for sending him to NO!!!!!

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I don't know if the offense has been figured out, we just can't run the ball. If we can get 150 on the ground every game, then Brees isn't forced into trying to make plays (throwing picks). The behind the back to Pierre Thomas was almost disastrous since it was a lateral.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I don't know if the offense has been figured out, we just can't run the ball. If we can get 150 on the ground every game, then Brees isn't forced into trying to make plays (throwing picks). The behind the back to Pierre Thomas was almost disastrous since it was a lateral.

+1

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Players are getting well, it's last week of season. Saints momentum is rolling!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

One of the best Pro gamesI have ever watched, a real match of wits and perseverance. And the one time Aints, now Champs had the strongest will to win!

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I have been trying to say for a long that the Saints offense has been figured out by the entire league. It took a year for the flair to wear off, but everyone knows what to do to make them screw up. You can't run the same thing year in and year out and win. With the exception of the Patriots, the rest of the league proves this. The Pats are a freak show, but the Colts, Saints, Steelers, and others have to make major adjustments to be successful. You watch the Falcons next year and ask me if I am right. Next year, if the Falcons don't do things way different than this year, everyone will know how to play them.

†his is driving me nuts!!
    The Saints have had a top 5 offense (#1 twice I think) all four seasons Payton/Brees have been there, and could finish top 5 this year (currently #6) despite missing BOTH Reggie and Pierre for most of the season. Brees has surpassed 4,000 yards passing 4 times and 5,000 once, and thrown for 100 TDs in the last 3 years. Oh yeah, and the Saints won the Superbowl last season.

Yep, looks to me like the Saints offense has been figured out and bottled up.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdawg View Post
    One of the best Pro gamesI have ever watched, a real match of wits and perseverance. And the one time Aints, now Champs had the strongest will to win!
    I agree! It was a battle of will. The Saints showed that they were NOT going to be denied this one! Great game from start to finish. I hate the Falcons, but both teams were matching wits last night and the defense was amazing on both sides. Never seen so many blitzes. Brees has one cool head on his shoulders!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I have tix for the Bucs game, baby! looking forward to getting hoarse....

Who Dat!

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

I thought Atl. got bottled up if you ask me. They only scored on a gift and a pass interferance. I got freakin sick of this Monday Night crew. Except for Jaws they were horrible. If I heard Matti Ice one more time I would have puked, and Gruden saying "this guy" a billion times was almost as bad as Drews unfortunate pass. Any of us could have done their job as good as them. Here's how, watch a play, see a guy make a play, talk about how he is the greatest at doing what he just did. If Jaws and Gruden didn't offer so decent analysis they could drop announcers all together.

Now about Dem Saints, we are a botched gimmie field goal from winning the division and having home field advantage again in the playoffs. I don't know how you can argue with that success. We are getting healthy at the right time and I expect us to be right back in the Georgia Dome playing for another chance to be in the Super Bowl. I would like to see us put a team away, and hopefully that will happen next weekend. It would be great if Atl played before us so we could know going in if next weeks game will be for a shot at the division title but I haven't looked at the schedule.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    I got freakin sick of this Monday Night crew. Except for Jaws they were horrible.
    I have actually stopped watching some of the games this year because of Gruden and the rest of this crew.

They need a whole new team of announcers next year. These guys are horrible.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    I thought Atl. got bottled up if you ask me. They only scored on a gift and a pass interferance. I got freakin sick of this Monday Night crew. Except for Jaws they were horrible. If I heard Matti Ice one more time I would have puked, and Gruden saying "this guy" a billion times was almost as bad as Drews unfortunate pass. Any of us could have done their job as good as them. Here's how, watch a play, see a guy make a play, talk about how he is the greatest at doing what he just did. If Jaws and Gruden didn't offer so decent analysis they could drop announcers all together.
    I disagree. Yes, Gruden can get very annoying. So much so that the "this guy" has been turned into a drinking game. But he and Jaws are, hands down, the two best analysts on TV. Gruden can be a little overzealous in his praise of players and coaches, but that's also who he was as a coach. You can't change your sripes. And Jaws, as a former QB, is too quick to praise QBs and a little too slow to criticize them. But their ability to see things that 99 percent of the population can't see in real time is amazing.

Jaws watches more film than any analyst on television, and it allows him to dissect plays on the fly. Gruden, meanwhile, simply knows the game of football. Their banter during the Saints' final drive was very interesting. Gruden just nonchalantly said the Saints were going to pass when Brees was checking at the line. Nobody but Sean Payton passes in that situation, and Gruden's knowledge of Payton allowed him to see it coming like everyone in the league would have done the same thing.

I really think that I learn more about the game that is going on by watching Monday Night Football and listening to Jaws/Gruden that any other game on television.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Gruden is refreshingly entertaining compared to what they've had in recent years.

Jaws has, at times, had to fight for air space. If he's gonna argue with Gruden he needs to be a little more emphatic.

The voluminous pregame is what I DO NOT tune into.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread