+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Saints strugglin

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: Saints strugglin

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We GAVE limbs just to finish 8-8 years ago! That was considered Awesome, with a capital "A", baby!

As for 11-5; 1-1, well....I didn't factor in the old Super Bowl curse. I just assumed Payton would have his squad rise above that non-sense. Of course, there was no way to predict the injuries, or the absolute goofiness of the Cards and Brownie losses. I had those down as wins and the Saints losing other games, that the Saints won. In the end, 11-5 happened.

At this point I honestly believe the Saints are the best team in the NFC and 2nd only to the Pats in the entire NFL. But, having to play every playoff game on the road (unless they end up meeting the Packers) is just too tough a path to follow. Now, without a true running game...well, the football gods simply won't allow it.

But as for the viewpoint of Saints' fans...this is not your grandfather's Saints. This is the defending Super Bowl Champion Saints and the best team in the NFC! 11-5 and 1-1 is a pessimistic prediction.
    Yep, they have upped the ante. I agree, too, that I think the Saints are just as good as the Falcons. The Bears are a house of cards, IMO. Eagles and Packers could easily win, too. NFC is very wide open (sans Seattle). As for the AFC, Pats could only be challenged by Pitt or Ravens, IMO. Colts dont have the horses this year, Jets proved that the Pats will woodshed them, and the Chiefs arent ready yet.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post

Only hope the Saints have of going back to repeat. I hope it happens just like this. Thought about this scenario last week when the Packers finally made the playoffs.

There's still a chance for a home playoff game.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

My pre-season Super Bowl pick was Green Bay vs. New England (of course, back in August I was HOPING I was wrong and it would be the Saints vs. Pats). But, I thought this would be a break-out year for Rogers and the Pack, that they would finish 13-3 and thus have homefield throughout the playoffs....and what an advantage the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field offers too!

I thought the Saints would go 11-5 (which they did) and end up playing the NFC title game at Green Bay, to which, I gave the Packers the nod....

Obviously, I was a little off in my predictions, so now a matchup vs. Green Bay is very welcomed!!!! Home in the Dome, baby!

Let's not put the cart before the horse though....

Just beat Seattle....then we'll talk more.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

The Saints just played terrible today. The 6 starters out today hurt but the Defense didn't come to play the first half or really at all. And SP's play calls on the goal line stuck as well. Devery Henderson stunk and SS Harper stunk and on and on.......poor poor poor

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Embarrassing performance.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

I'm not a happy camper.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Wow, Seattle had a great offensive game plan. Pick up the blitzes with some double moves and play action against Roman Harper. He looked lost out there today. We made Hasselback look 28 again. Seattle has to take their show on the road where they 2-6 this year.

I still think the Saints are as good on average as the Falcons, the difference is consistency. The Falcons dont lose to teams that arent as good as them. They thump teams they should thump and have close games with all other good teams. I feel like the Saints can sometimes dominate a good team, but have shown a few times this season that they can lose to teams with far less talent. Embarassing effort from the defensive coaching and players today. Oh, and the STs were awful with Henderson and Meachem just marginally better returning KOs.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

You just can't win with half a team no matter how awesome your QB is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    You just can't win with half a team no matter how awesome your QB is.
    Seven starters out for the game is tough.

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

The offense even without a running game made enough plays, but the defense that showed up to the Georgia Dome 2 weeks ago clearly didn't show up in Seattle. That run by Marshawn Lynch was the most amazing run I've seen in the playoffs.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kw2292 View Post
    The offense even without a running game made enough plays, but the defense that showed up to the Georgia Dome 2 weeks ago clearly didn't show up in Seattle. That run by Marshawn Lynch was the most amazing run I've seen in the playoffs.
    Bingo! The defense was a no-show today.

Saints need to make some significant changes for next year. I have complete faith in Payton that he'll know what to do.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Bingo! The defense was a no-show today.

Saints need to make some significant changes for next year. I have complete faith in Payton that he'll know what to do.

Any team that puts up 36 should win by default. We have lacked the consistency on both sides of the ball that we had last year. Mostly we thrive on having a positive turnover margin and our offense usually takes advantage by scoring quickly. This year we haven't had those opportunities as often. I hope we can get Ivory back at full strength next year. If Pierre and Reggie are going to be injured I would rather have him back there any any other guy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Any team that puts up 36 should win by default. We have lacked the consistency on both sides of the ball that we had last year. Mostly we thrive on having a positive turnover margin and our offense usually takes advantage by scoring quickly. This year we haven't had those opportunities as often. I hope we can get Ivory back at full strength next year. If Pierre and Reggie are going to be injured I would rather have him back there any any other guy anyway.
    Honestly, our defense was extremely consistent this year, in my mind. It was the O that sputtered greatly at times. We gave up 13 passing TDs all year and gave up 4 today. It was a bad day for the D to lay an egg. The Seahawks had a great plan, what else is there to say? Our D was much better this year, except for the most important game of the season...oh well.

+ Reply to Thread