+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Great....Overlooked Movies (in your opinion)

Big Dog TechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her gameTechSupporter11 is on top of his/her game TechSupporter11's Avatar

Re: Great....Overlooked Movies (in your opinion)

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I picked this up when I went to buy The Sentinel. Turned out to be pretty good. Can be confusing if you don't pay attention.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    I picked this up when I went to buy The Sentinel. Turned out to be pretty good. Can be confusing if you don't pay attention.

I have been meaning to watch that one.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Pay attention and watch it several times. There will be things you miss and will catch each time you see it. Similar to Oh Brother Where Art Thou. Every time I watch that one I see something new.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Pay attention and watch it several times. There will be things you miss and will catch each time you see it. Similar to Oh Brother Where Art Thou. Every time I watch that one I see something new.
    I know. 3 years since it came out almost and I still catch things too. It was good to see Forest Whitaker in a good role after many not-so-good ones.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

If you are a Forest Whitaker fan try Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai (1999). I watched it one night on TV and found it entertaining. It is not your everyday movie.
    WWDog
    La Tech

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    If you are a Forest Whitaker fan try Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai (1999). I watched it one night on TV and found it entertaining. It is not your everyday movie.
    Featuring music by The RZA!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

We Were Soldiers...

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

The Spanish Prisoner A very twisted tale that will keep you on your toes.
    WWDog
    La Tech

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

I don't even like Star Trek, but this movie is bad to the bond.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    The Girl Who Played with Fire
    The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

Besides everything being in Swedish, these were some great movies. Don't count them Out because of the subtitle thing. Can't help but think the American versions are going to suck in comparison to the novels and these adaptations.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    The Girl Who Played with Fire
    The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

Besides everything being in Swedish, these were some great movies. Don't count them Out because of the subtitle thing. Can't help but think the American versions are going to suck in comparison to the novels and these adaptations.
    Only saw Dragon Tattoo here in Houston, and I thought it was very good. Graphic at times, but I barely noticed the subtitles because you get so into the movie (sort of like reading a good book without having to read the action parts).

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

FWIW, I enjoyed TheEagle this past weekend.

I wasn't out and about in the free world too much in 2008, but I don't remember this getting much publicity and such.

Also, this was my first "true" viewing of racism, and it had an impact on me that continues. The book is much, much better and the film barely does it justice, but it is still a good film.

Incognito Harry Donovan (Jason Patric) is a talented and enterprising painter who takes in large amounts of cash for his expert forgeries of old masters he produces for clients... There is a lot more to this movie than stated in the plot preceding this sentence but I won't give it away. Trailer
    WWDog
    La Tech

+ Reply to Thread