+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 12/29 Georgia game

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Re: 12/29 Georgia game

UGA beats #10 Ky.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    UGA beats #10 Ky.
    Wow! WTG Georgia! I don't like UGA, but will be cheering them on this year.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Good move to switch it to you that stated first that we lacked consistency. If I remember correctly, while you were absolutely blasting us for losing to lsu, it was me reminding everyone what I had stated from the first few games - that we were a good team that lacked consistency.

Anyway, I get tired of arguing, so you can have it. You can be a total jerk sometimes and I believe you love to stir the pot and try to get everyone on a negative vibe. I am just the opposite and see hope in everything. Just a different style. I THINK we have the same passion about the Techsters, though, and that is good enough to make you more of an friend than a foe. Maybe we can just deal with each others opinions and give a little credit to the other before blasting away. I will try my best to do that from here on out. I am being serious.
    Hilarious.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Hilarious.
    Good post! See, I am trying........

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    UGA beats #10 Ky.
    ---
    That shoud off set the win over SJ the 344th ranked RPI or last of divisision I teams that we played and beat on there home court!
    Go Georgia!

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    ---
    That shoud off set the win over SJ the 344th ranked RPI or last of divisision I teams that we played and beat on there home court!
    Go Georgia!
    Probably not as much as we would hope. Makes you wish we would have played Kentucky, though. :icon_wink:

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Good move to switch it to you that stated first that we lacked consistency. If I remember correctly, while you were absolutely blasting us for losing to lsu, it was me reminding everyone what I had stated from the first few games - that we were a good team that lacked consistency.

Anyway, I get tired of arguing, so you can have it. You can be a total jerk sometimes and I believe you love to stir the pot and try to get everyone on a negative vibe. I am just the opposite and see hope in everything. Just a different style. I THINK we have the same passion about the Techsters, though, and that is good enough to make you more of an friend than a foe. Maybe we can just deal with each others opinions and give a little credit to the other before blasting away. I will try my best to do that from here on out. I am being serious.
    Prior to the LSU game, this was a post I made about the Houston game. I wasn't taking credit for being the "first" to speak of consistency, nor do I care if I was the last. I thought your post was hilarious as you made accusatory statements, slamming me, then attempted to make it all sweet and nice saying we can just "deal with each others opinions." As if we have any other choice? Really? You take all this that seriously? IT'S BASKETBALL.

Here is the third time I mentioned consistency, all three prior to the LSU game, just for the record. And now it is I who will "do my best" to move on.

The Techsters have some talent, not an overabundance, but they do have some talent. It's their bball IQ and passion to win that is sorely lacking.

All of that said, I'm not throwing in the towel. Seems to me there is potential for this team to rally and become a decent to good team. But it will be trial by fire. It's yet another rebuilding year. While that isn't fun for some of the fans, including me, ultimately it is the reality of a program relying on its past to regain current prominence. The Techsters need to reinvent themselves. This won't be a successful program while the focus is "reclaiming" their place among the elite. This will be a successful program once again when the players all buy into the fact that they must earn their place among the elite. Not many people outside of hardcore Techster fans care about the success in the 80's and some of the 90's. This isn't about sleeves vs. no sleeves. This isn't about catchy phrases like "the tradition returns." And this isn't about "Spoon and Company." This is about attitude. And the Techster games I've seen under Spoon's leadership are not consistent in attitude. There was NO attitude under Long, but at least that was consistent. If the attitude can develop alongside the talent these student athletes possess, then in my opinion it is possible for the program to be stronger than last season.

Just my buck-o-five.

Big Dog ESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her gameESPNGuy is on top of his/her game ESPNGuy's Avatar

I'm still glad we beat UGA! hehe

+ Reply to Thread