+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: it's no wonder..

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Re: it's no wonder..

Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    You are way too young to give up.
    Exactly.

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

In some ways I think we all are realizing how steep the hill we have to climb is, but it won't get climbed if very many of us fall off the wagon. On the contrary, part of the climbing is each and every one of us getting other alumns, locals and politicos on the bandwagon. There are a lot of positives; the SEZ, a recruiting class that looks to fill key holes, growing tailgating attraction to games and improving attendance even in the face of a dissapointing season. Buck it up, have a couple of bottles of single malt and give $100K to the SEZ.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdawg View Post
    In some ways I think we all are realizing how steep the hill we have to climb is, but it won't get climbed if very many of us fall off the wagon. On the contrary, part of the climbing is each and every one of us getting other alumns, locals and politicos on the bandwagon. There are a lot of positives; the SEZ, a recruiting class that looks to fill key holes, growing tailgating attraction to games and improving attendance even in the face of a dissapointing season. Buck it up, have a couple of bottles of single malt and give $100K to the SEZ.
    +1

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    We can't get any fan support.

I grew up the biggest Tech fan there was. We had basketball and football season tickets for as far back as I can remember. I have had some awesome memories from Tech games. I loved Tech, and understood that we were the little dog in the fight, but we played hard through every game in every sport and throughout life the fight I saw in Tech's teams growing up motivated me.

Now, I've gone from extremely frustrated to not caring at all. I don't get up for home games. I don't get that sick feeling when we lose. The love for Tech athletics I once had is damn near gone completely.. and it's because I see us now as a bunch of guys (from top to bottom) that really don't care. As long as they have their job, they're fine with being mediocre to bad.

Call me what you want.. a quitter, loser, or just disappointing.. but that's what I call Tech athletics.
    I'm no diehard Saints fan...I like 'em... but more than anything, I respect these guys who have been for 40+ years of the franchise history. The New Orleans Saints...yes THOSE SAINTS.

IT CAN HAPPEN. KEEP THE FAITH.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

You've Lost that loving feeling

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snapdawg View Post
    fill key holes, growing
    twss

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I will always get that sick feeling when we lose. I've been a Saints fan my whole life and watched them suck until now, and I'll watch the Dawgs/Techsters suck until they're great again too if I have to. I will die a Tech fan.

Oh yeah, I'm an Astros fan too... AND an IceGators follower in minor league hockey in Lafayette, who are in last place yet again this year. Somehow though I still just keep going and it bugs me every time we lose... At least the Zephyrs still win most of the games I go to in Metairie.

Dawg Dude is just going through a phase. When you're at that age and in college, you have a lot of emotional energy, which works both ways. You can get up and support the hell out of something, but you can also get severely negative and depressed about things more easily then too, especially when you get let down. I know I'm a big mentally aged beyond my years, but I know those tendencies eventually level out. Over time, you learn to appreciate the good things more than you let the bad things drag you down. We had a generally lousy football season, but one of my new favorite memories in Tech football is now from a LOSS: the latter part of the Southern Miss game in the rain, especially when the crowd sang Sweet Caroline. The game pissed me off badly to lose, but it was still a trademark Joe Aillet Stadium moment that I loved!

Okay I just ranted... Anyway, cheer up and never give up on the Dawgs and Techsters! It's YOUR school and YOUR team, and nothing will change that and you know it, buddy.

Puppy HanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her gameHanoverJoe is on top of his/her game HanoverJoe's Avatar

As a Tech graduate, former Ruston resident, and currently an out of state fan of La Tech I believe that it is my duty to encourage Tech fans everywhere. We have a tremendous heritage from both an academic and atheletic standpoint. Great strides are being taken to upgrade our Tech facilities and to align with a conference where we may be a better geographical match. Finding that best fit and obtaining membership will continue to be a challenge given the current changes occurring across the land. Ruston and the surrounding area is not a major metropolitan or media area, but some of the finest people you will meet anywhere can be found there (I know because I have been fortunate to travel extensively with my occupation). Recently I was able to attend a Tech home game and was surprised at how the local people have already taken to tailgating activities, and was advised that it is gaining a lot of momentum (fans did not gather for tailgating when I was a Tech student / Ruston resident). We had a good coach in Dooley and perhaps an even better one with Dykes, time will tell. Fan support will tremendously influence our future, and I have attended games in other "small markets" where fans fill their stadiums, such as East Carolina or Virginia Tech. One final note: Lets take pride in our Tech heritage, but avoid boasting to others or being critical of other schools (their fans are proud of their schools, too) and it is easy for us to damage our image. Go Tech!!!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HanoverJoe View Post
    As a Tech graduate, former Ruston resident, and currently an out of state fan of La Tech I believe that it is my duty to encourage Tech fans everywhere. We have a tremendous heritage from both an academic and atheletic standpoint. Great strides are being taken to upgrade our Tech facilities and to align with a conference where we may be a better geographical match. Finding that best fit and obtaining membership will continue to be a challenge given the current changes occurring across the land. Ruston and the surrounding area is not a major metropolitan or media area, but some of the finest people you will meet anywhere can be found there (I know because I have been fortunate to travel extensively with my occupation). Recently I was able to attend a Tech home game and was surprised at how the local people have already taken to tailgating activities, and was advised that it is gaining a lot of momentum (fans did not gather for tailgating when I was a Tech student / Ruston resident). We had a good coach in Dooley and perhaps an even better one with Dykes, time will tell. Fan support will tremendously influence our future, and I have attended games in other "small markets" where fans fill their stadiums, such as East Carolina or Virginia Tech. One final note: Lets take pride in our Tech heritage, but avoid boasting to others or being critical of other schools (their fans are proud of their schools, too) and it is easy for us to damage our image. Go Tech!!!
    Welcome, brother.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Transfer
    not here for athletics

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HanoverJoe View Post
    This part is difficult in Louisiana. People immediately laugh off Tech and get derisive toward you when you say you're only a fan of Tech and no one else, definitely not LSU. Then they act pompous and cut you down, and when you fight back or stick to your guns, you're automatically called "arrogant" or "obnoxious." I'm starting to feel like wearing that as a badge of honor these days, at least with the bandwagon LSU idiots. I'm always as respectful and courteous as can be, and welcome visiting fans to Ruston with open arms, but if I have to, I guess I'll just continue to be another one of "those arrogant Tech fans." GO DAWGS!!!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to second the recommendation to take a break from the board. I have taken several breaks since I joined. Even over the past few weeks I have only posted or scanned threads a few times. It does help with my attitude. Remember, everything, even BB&B should be enjoyed in moderation.

+ Reply to Thread