+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WAC Standings

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: WAC Standings

WAC Standings
    1. Louisiana Tech (5-0, 13-5)
    2. Fresno State (4-1, 13-6)
    3. Idaho (3-2, 10-7)
    3. New Mexico State (3-2, 9-10)
    5. Nevada (2-3, 13-5)
    5. Boise State (2-3, 11-8)
    5. Utah State (2-3, 8-10)
    5. San Jose State (2-3, 2-16)
    9. Hawai'i (0-6, 6-13)

Monday
    Fresno State 79, Hawai'i 57

Thursday
    Louisiana Tech at Idaho
    New Mexico State at Boise State
    Hawai'i at Utah State
    San Jose State at Fresno State

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    WAC Standings
    1. Louisiana Tech (5-0, 13-5)
    2. Fresno State (4-1, 13-6)
    3. Idaho (3-2, 10-7)
    3. New Mexico State (3-2, 9-10)
    5. Nevada (2-3, 13-5)
    5. Boise State (2-3, 11-8)
    5. Utah State (2-3, 8-10)
    5. San Jose State (2-3, 2-16)
    9. Hawai'i (0-6, 6-13)

Monday
    Fresno State 79, Hawai'i 57

Thursday
    Louisiana Tech at Idaho
    New Mexico State at Boise State
    Hawai'i at Utah State
    San Jose State at Fresno State

Building up for a HUGE show down at the TAC with Fresno again! I don't want to share the crown. Got to take care of business every single game and beat Fresno when they roll into town!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Right now, the most important game on the schedule is @ Idaho.

FOCUS!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Right now, the most important game on the schedule is @ Idaho.

FOCUS!
    Definitely!

Who would have thought that SJSU would pass Hawaii in the standings? I bet those 6 fans are elated not to be at the bottom!

Big Dog Kiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I don't want to share the crown.
    What happens if two teams tie with the same record? Are there some kind of tiebreaker rules?

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Techster View Post
    What happens if two teams tie with the same record? Are there some kind of tiebreaker rules?
    Conference or overall? If conference record is tied, I would assume the tie-breaker would be overall wins and losses.

Big Dog Kiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her game

Yeah, I meant conference. If two teams tie does the WAC officially recognize one or both of the teams as "official" regular season champions based on some kind of tiebreaker rules?

FWIW if there is a tiebreaker in place I highly doubt out-of-conference games would have anything to do with it.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

If Tech and Fresno have the same conference record, they are both conference co-champs.

Tiebreak rules only apply for seeding purposes in the conference tournament.

Tiebreak Rules:
    1. Head-to-head record
    2. Record vs. next highest in conference standings

After that I think they draw straws...

Oh right, I completely forgot about tournament seedings. Those are important not just for first place but for all the other seeds as well. 3-4 seeds get a bye into the quarterfinals and 1-2 seeds go straight to the semis. So if for example the 3-4-5 teams all have the same conference record a tiebreak has to be in place to determine who finishes 5th and has to play that one extra game.

Also, I don't get what "Record vs. next highest in conference standings" means. Does it mean the record against the team that happens to be next lower in the standings? That seems kind of weird.

Oh right, I completely forgot about tournament seedings. Those are important not just for first place but for all the other seeds as well. 3-4 seeds get a bye into the quarterfinals and 1-2 seeds go straight to the semis. So if for example the 3-4-5 teams all have the same conference record a tiebreak has to be in place to determine who finishes 5th and has to play that one extra game.

Also, I don't get what "Record vs. next highest in conference standings" means. Does it mean the record against the team that happens to be next lower in the standings? That seems kind of weird.
    I didn't word that too well.

It means...
    1. Record vs. 1st place team
    2. Record vs. 2nd place team
    3. Record vs. 3rd place team
    etc...

Basically the team with the best win gets the better seed.

If one of those 3 teams tied for 3rd beats Tech or Fresno, they would get the higher seed over the teams that didn't beat Tech or Fresno.

I'll try to find the rules on wacsports.com.

WAC Standings
    1. Louisiana Tech (6-0, 14-5)
    2. Fresno State (5-1, 14-6)
    3. New Mexico State (4-2, 10-10)
    4. Idaho (3-3, 10-8)
    4. Utah State (3-3, 9-10)
    6. Nevada (2-3, 13-5)
    7. Boise State (2-4, 11-9)
    7. San Jose State (2-4, 2-17)
    9. Hawai'i (0-7, 6-14)

Thursday
    Louisiana Tech 63, Idaho 56
    New Mexico State 87, Boise State 71
    Utah State 52,
    Hawai'i 41
    Fresno State 65, San Jose State 33

Saturday
    Louisiana Tech at Boise State

Fresno State at Nevada
    New Mexico State at Idaho
    San Jose State at Utah State
    Last edited by Dawg06; 01-27-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Hope Nevada will take down Fresno State at Nevada. Last year, Nevada lost to Fresno 75-66 at home.

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    Hope Nevada will take down Fresno State at Nevada. Last year, Nevada lost to Fresno 75-66 at home.
    Fresno is rolling hot right now. Don't know if Nevada can do it. It is going to take a major slip up for Fresno to lose before next Saturday.

Hope we come out of the gates strong against USU. If anyone takes us or Fresno down, I think it will be Idaho or USU. The game against Fresno at the TAC is going to be HUGE! I will be there cheering the Techsters on. We need a HUGE crowd!

WAC Standings
    1. Louisiana Tech (7-0, 15-5)
    2. Fresno State (6-1, 15-6)
    ----------------------------
    3. Idaho (4-3, 11-8)
    4. New Mexico State (4-3, 10-11)
    ----------------------------
    5. Utah State (4-3, 10-10)
    6. Nevada (2-4, 13-6)
    7. Boise State (2-5, 11-10)
    8. San Jose State (2-5, 2-18)
    ==================
    9. Hawai'i (0-7, 6-14)

Saturday
    Louisiana Tech 93, Boise State 86

Fresno State 72, Nevada 51
    Idaho 64, New Mexico State 51
    Utah State 72, San Jose State 57

Monday
    Nevada at Hawai'i

Wednesday
    Boise State at Hawai'i

San Jose State at Idaho

Thursday
    Fresno State at New Mexico State
    Utah State at Nevada

Saturday
    Fresno State at Louisiana Tech
    Idaho at Hawai'i
    Utah State at Boise State
    Nevada at San Jose State

Last edited by Dawg06; 01-30-2011 at 02:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread