+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Andy Russo Interview

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Andy Russo Interview

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Andy Russo Interview

I never knew the story about Tubbs and Oklahoma renegging on playing the first men's game in the TAC. If memory serves, the first night at the TAC the Lady Techsters lost to USC and the Bulldogs lost to USL.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I never knew the story about Tubbs and Oklahoma renegging on playing the first men's game in the TAC. If memory serves, the first night at the TAC the Lady Techsters lost to USC and the Bulldogs lost to USL.
    I remember Cheyrl Miller killing the Techsters. But I thought we beat USL in Malone's coming out party. I was there that night but I've slept since then.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I remember Cheyrl Miller killing the Techsters. But I thought we beat USL in Malone's coming out party. I was there that night but I've slept since then.

This Tech site notes the Bulldogs lost their first game in the TAC, but then won 40 in a row at home over the next three seasons.

http://www.latechsports.com/facilities/latc-tac.html
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

Yes, we lost to USL and it was the climax of a miserable day I and my oldest daughter spent at TECH. We nearly drowned and froze watching the Bulldogs lose to Delaware in the playoffs that afternoon and then went and sat through two losing basketball efforts. Thankfully that type of day has been infrequent in Bulldog land!!

Varsity Bulldog dawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her gamedawgomatic is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by olddawgfan View Post
    Yes, we lost to USL and it was the climax of a miserable day I and my oldest daughter spent at TECH. We nearly drowned and froze watching the Bulldogs lose to Delaware in the playoffs that afternoon and then went and sat through two losing basketball efforts. Thankfully that type of day has been infrequent in Bulldog land!!
    I was there too, Olddawgfan. For all three games. The Delaware game was the worst conditions I've ever sat through. The field was in terrible condition or we would have beat them. If I recalled we lost to USL by one point in a very low scoring game, something like 46-45.

Puppy sportstalk has turned a few heads around heresportstalk has turned a few heads around heresportstalk has turned a few heads around heresportstalk has turned a few heads around here

I'm 97.2 percent sure that the "tripleheader" that day was actually against South Carolina State in football (Delaware was the next week). I seem to remember writing in the paper that the football team was the only one that won that day.

Malone missed free throws at the end of the game that would have tied it and/or won it.

We asked Tubbs about not coming to the opening to the TAC opening before the 1985 game and he gave the famous "because I didn't want to." smirky quote. "They used to make me go to Ruston (when at Lamar). Now I don't have to."

I'm old, but I'm pretty sure it was South Carolina State that day ... the Delaware game the next week was in horrendous weather.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Nice interview, but WAC history?....six of the nine coaches were at the current WAC schools when those schools were not in the WAC.

And sportstalk has a good memory...the FCS quarterfinal win over South Carolina State was before the Assembly Center opening doubleheader. The next week had the Dial Classic 7th and 5th place games happening at the same time as the Delaware FCS semifinal loss. And Tech beat Cheyney State that night in the Dial Classic finals.

Quote Originally Posted by sportstalk View Post
    I'm 97.2 percent sure that the "tripleheader" that day was actually against South Carolina State in football (Delaware was the next week). I seem to remember writing in the paper that the football team was the only one that won that day.

Malone missed free throws at the end of the game that would have tied it and/or won it.

We asked Tubbs about not coming to the opening to the TAC opening before the 1985 game and he gave the famous "because I didn't want to." smirky quote. "They used to make me go to Ruston (when at Lamar). Now I don't have to."

I'm old, but I'm pretty sure it was South Carolina State that day ... the Delaware game the next week was in horrendous weather.

I'm offended by that remark.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog olddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her gameolddawgfan is on top of his/her game

I stand corrected!! Guess the old memory is going quicker than I thought.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Instead of watching that crap the current bunch puts out there, just rewatch these videos and let your mind go. Tell yourself... It is 1985 and all is well in TACland.

+ Reply to Thread