+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anderson out for year

Puppy Woods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the ears

Anderson out for year

Just saw in the Newsstar that John Anderson is out for the year. That makes three pitchers out for the year and I believe two that won't be ready for the start of the season.

Starting off on the wrong foot.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Re: Anderson out for year

Quote Originally Posted by Woods Dawg View Post
    Arm?

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Just saw in the Newsstar that John Anderson is out for the year. That makes three pitchers out for the year and I believe two that won't be ready for the start of the season.

Can you list the pitchers you're talking about? I'm trying to stay as informed as I can and can't put names with your topic. Thanks.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

We haven't even played yet!! Somebody break out the voodoo dolls and break this spell.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    Can you list the pitchers you're talking about? I'm trying to stay as informed as I can and can't put names with your topic. Thanks.
    I thought Anderson was already one of those in question. I'd also like to know who the other two are.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like another disappointing baseball season if we can't have a healthy pitching staff... We've got some good defense and hitting, but we just seem to have injured pitchers year in and year out... Perhaps instead of breaking out the voodoo dolls, we need to find the S-O-B that's using them on our pitchers!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I guess now we don't get to see opposing batters go down "swingin".

Puppy Woods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the earsWoods Dawg seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    Out: Anderson, Fairbanks, Whitehead? (Freshman)

Hurt but should be back: Steban, Meyers

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Out: Anderson, Fairbanks, Whitehead? (Freshman)

Hurt but should be back: Steban, Meyers
    Thanks for the info. I had noticed that Fairbanks and Whitehead (yes he's a freshman) were not listed on the roster anymore but didn't know why. That apparently explains it. We definately need Jeb back and I don't know anything about Graham since I didn't see him pitch last year (injury) but he will definately be needed.

I hope our pitchers arms hold out because I feel good things about this team. Offensively we're there but defensively (pitching) I have my fingers crossed.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

They weren't allowed to pitch in any summer leagues this year, maybe that will help. I am not sure what the answer is. What do you think Omaha?

Varsity Bulldog El Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    They weren't allowed to pitch in any summer leagues this year, maybe that will help. I am not sure what the answer is. What do you think Omaha?
    It's just the nature of the beast with the WAC schedule. Playing four games on the weekend and as many as two midweek games kills pitching staffs, especially at non-BCS schools. It is something that the NCAA needs to evaluate so that the players' interest are protected.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Oso View Post
    It's just the nature of the beast with the WAC schedule. Playing four games on the weekend and as many as two midweek games kills pitching staffs, especially at non-BCS schools. It is something that the NCAA needs to evaluate so that the players' interest are protected.
    We've been playing 4-game WAC series for how many years now? Sim has had time to adapt to the change in scheduling. I think the 4-game series helped Fresno State win the CWS a few years ago, and it saves a lot of money.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

This is the last year of the 4 game series.

Varsity Bulldog El Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    We've been playing 4-game WAC series for how many years now? Sim has had time to adapt to the change in scheduling. I think the 4-game series helped Fresno State win the CWS a few years ago, and it saves a lot of money.
    I realize that the WAC has utilized the four-game series format for some time now. With the roster limits being limited to just 35 as of a few years ago, it just kills smaller programs by overexerting their staff. There is a reason why the teams that get to Omaha on a constant basis have healthy pitching.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

I realize that the WAC has utilized the four-game series format for some time now. With the roster limits being limited to just 35 as of a few years ago, it just kills smaller programs by overexerting their staff. There is a reason why the teams that get to Omaha on a constant basis have healthy pitching.
    Help me out here, is our roster smaller than the SEC schools?

+ Reply to Thread