+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing...how to break the cycle?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Losing...how to break the cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Fire Kerry rupp.
    Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Contribute to the buy-out fund.
    Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Just curious, how much is his buy out?
    Quarter Mil +/-.
    Malone should pay it.

Big Dog ANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of light

The future is bright. We don't buy out contracts so he has one more year. No matter how he does next year it is time to move on, energize the fan base. The timing is good in that it will align the arrival of a new coach with the completion of the new facilities. We need to pay a firm for the coaching search and be willing to increase pay. Our standards need to be winning conference championships and making it to and winning NCAA tourney games. This lines up with all the speeches that VanDeVelde and Reneau have been giving with regards to raising our standards as the purpose of the new facility. Bowls in football, Tourney in basketball are the goals. Last years high win count in basketball resulted in nothing, no NCAA (or even NIT), it should be seen as what it was puffed up numbers with poor scheduling. In basketball it only helps you to schedule hard by preparing you for conference play while building your RPI. If you can't win some of them the team isn't good enough and changes need to be made.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Malone should pay it.
    Ain't that the truth.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Get your head on. Does a recruit say, "hey, lousy coach who doesn't win, but man, I just gotta have me some of that video board?!!"
    Nope, but I think a video board would add to the atmosphere and put a few more butts in the seats, which recruits and C-USA would like...

We seriously have a buyout on Rupp? I thought this was the last year on his contract?

If we don't beat Hawaii, we won't have 100 fans in the TAC for our last home stand...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have any knowledge of how Malone feels about the situation? We need Malone as a supporter, but he has to be questioning things right now. They are friends and this puts him in a tough situation. I am sure Rupp is a nice guy and I really wish this would have worked, but it just hasn't. I hope Malone and BVDV are talking and this can be figured out. On a VERY micro scale, this is similar to Oregon - in that whatever Malone says is going to go.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Does anyone have any knowledge of how Malone feels about the situation? We need Malone as a supporter, but he has to be questioning things right now. They are friends and this puts him in a tough situation. I am sure Rupp is a nice guy and I really wish this would have worked, but it just hasn't. I hope Malone and BVDV are talking and this can be figured out. On a VERY micro scale, this is similar to Oregon - in that whatever Malone says is going to go.
    Not any more.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Not any more.
    Problems between him and administration or problems between him and Rupp? While I do think Rupp needs to go, I don't want to lose Karl's support.

No person can be allowed to be beyond the control of the administration (even if the administration is bordering on incompetence). If that's the only way Malone is willing to be involved, then he needs to be shown the short exit out the door.

No person can be allowed to be beyond the control of the administration (even if the administration is bordering on incompetence). If that's the only way Malone is willing to be involved, then he needs to be shown the short exit out the door.
    You are correct, but has that happened. I would hate to lose him.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    You are correct, but has that happened. I would hate to lose him.
    No. But if necessary, advocates for it are mounting.

Big Dog ANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of lightANODESSEY is a glorious beacon of light

I am still waiting to see how our administration manages our program. They are still very new (AD is anyway). The tough decisions are coming. I would be very impressed if they took the initiative and let Rupp go after this year. That would tell me they realize we are not headed in the right direction and it is worth it for the program not to go another year that way despite the buyout. On the other hand, if they choose to let him finish out the contract and then let him go it shows that they made the right decision and they chose, for budget reasons, not to buy him out. Finally, if they keep him around after next year, no matter how they do, that would be a failure on their part and would damage my opinion of their leadership ability and decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by ANODESSEY View Post
    I am still waiting to see how our administration manages our program. They are still very new (AD is anyway). The tough decisions are coming. I would be very impressed if they took the initiative and let Rupp go after this year. That would tell me they realize we are not headed in the right direction and it is worth it for the program not to go another year that way despite the buyout. On the other hand, if they choose to let him finish out the contract and then let him go it shows that they made the right decision and they chose, for budget reasons, not to buy him out. Finally, if they keep him around after next year, no matter how they do, that would be a failure on their part and would damage my opinion of their leadership ability and decision making.
    That seems a reasonable and balanced view and I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ANODESSEY View Post
    I, also, agree.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Losing...how to break the cycle? Easy answer - win!!!!

Losing...how to break the cycle? Tough answer - Basketball has always been a game of streaks. It's true in scoring in single games and it's true in winning streaks during seasons. I also think it's true over multiple seasons. In the past, we've lost in streaks and we've won in streaks, even this season we've done that.

Right now, we need to beat Hawaii tonight. I will be there to cheer the DAWGS toward the win. Maybe this win will be the start of a winning streak that will break the cycle.

Varsity Bulldog bulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the earsbulldog95 seems to have something between the ears bulldog95's Avatar

Another loss. Six straight. No interest whatsoever.

+ Reply to Thread