+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1/15 Tech vs Hawaii

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Re: 1/15 Tech vs Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by MoltonLava8 View Post
    Rupp can coach I truly believe that. But at the end of day, he has to have the ability to bring in quality players. I think Olu is a great player but he will never be a go to scorer. He cant shoot and cant beat you off the dribble. DeAndre is good too but he plays to much street ball and that cant happen. Then all the freshmen are good but none are ready to start at this level. These past two games the one player that has stood out to me is Rochell. He plays the game very hard and can be a very good defensive center. We are two years away from being good if this class can continue to improve and find a go to scorer who can score anytime he gets the ball. Just my 2 cents. No hard feelings towards any players.
    Olu fell alseep a couple times on defense and why doesn't he get the ball in the post?Rochell has potential, so does McNeill and Johnson. Souza needs to time develop.
    The one tech player that gave up the baseline and got dunk on, needs a lesson in positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    The games aren't pretty, for sure, but I have another gripe to vent. What's with the new announcer, the Fox and Co., guy and Leah? I CANNOT understand a word they say. The announcements are just one muddled mess. It's gotten to be a joke with me and DH to see if either of us can figure out what they're saying. Are they too close to the microphones, talking/yelling too loud/fast in it (mostly her, not the guy here), or does the sound system suck? I really miss the black guy who used to do it. I could understand everything he said.
    Funny, we were trying to figure out what he was saying also, just sounded really muffled.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by dascoop View Post
    Lol, if me a go to scorer who doesn't have a great point guard or two around him. The college game is all about guards; good guards make you look good, they get you the ball in where you need them and where you can score with them. Great scorers who are forwards don't need to create shots, they finish them. Put Olu on a team with a couple of good guards and see what happens. He only averages 9 shots a game and is one of the top scorers in the WAC. He probably averages the least amount of shots in the top scorers in the WAC.

Malone had Stockton, Durant has Westbrook, Al has Deron Williams.

NMSU-Gillenwater has Laroche (4.6 asts per game, 2.3 turnovers per game), San Jose St-Oliver has Graham (4.4 asts per game, 2.3 turnovers per game), Boise St-R.Arnold has L.Anderson (5 asts per game, 2.9 turnovers per game). La Tech has DeAndre Brown (2.9 assists per game, 3.5 turnovers per game), Kenyon (2.6 assists per game, 2.6 turnovers per game).

What's so frustrating about Brown is that at 5'10, he should be a true point guard and has the attributes and skills to be the best point guard in the WAC. He's so quick that he can beat and continuously beats his man, then the help defender steps up, this is where DeAndre can rack up his assists and help his team by passing the ball to the his teammate who is wide open because his defender left to stop DeAndre's penetration. But DeAndre refuses to make that extra pass and gets his shot block, turns it over, or shoots with a terrible shot with a hand in his face. That then turns into a domnio effect where the rest of the team now follows and takes bad shots instead of making plays for other by making the extra pass. Look up the recents stats of the last couple of games, the assists total for the games have been in the single digits. Since the first game of the season against Texas, where DeAndre played wild and out of control, constantly driving the ball into Texas big men only to have his shot blocked, falls down and didn't get back on defense when Texas started fast breaks off his turnovers or wild shots, and went 3-10 with 1 assist and 6 turnovers in 20 minutes, I knew it would be a long year for this team and it won't be long till the young players follow suit and start playing selfishly. It starts from the top down.

What happens to a guy that 's supposed to be on the finishing end of plays when he doesn't have a guard to make plays for him is he start pressing whenever he gets a shot and takes bad shots.

This team hasn't had a point guard in four years. Everyone is just out to take shots, there's no method to the madness.
    Good assessment dascoop

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dascoop View Post
    Lol, if me a go to scorer who doesn't have a great point guard or two around him. The college game is all about guards; good guards make you look good, they get you the ball in where you need them and where you can score with them. Great scorers who are forwards don't need to create shots, they finish them. Put Olu on a team with a couple of good guards and see what happens. He only averages 9 shots a game and is one of the top scorers in the WAC. He probably averages the least amount of shots in the top scorers in the WAC.

Malone had Stockton, Durant has Westbrook, Al has Deron Williams.

NMSU-Gillenwater has Laroche (4.6 asts per game, 2.3 turnovers per game), San Jose St-Oliver has Graham (4.4 asts per game, 2.3 turnovers per game), Boise St-R.Arnold has L.Anderson (5 asts per game, 2.9 turnovers per game). La Tech has DeAndre Brown (2.9 assists per game, 3.5 turnovers per game), Kenyon (2.6 assists per game, 2.6 turnovers per game).

What's so frustrating about Brown is that at 5'10, he should be a true point guard and has the attributes and skills to be the best point guard in the WAC. He's so quick that he can beat and continuously beats his man, then the help defender steps up, this is where DeAndre can rack up his assists and help his team by passing the ball to the his teammate who is wide open because his defender left to stop DeAndre's penetration. But DeAndre refuses to make that extra pass and gets his shot block, turns it over, or shoots with a terrible shot with a hand in his face. That then turns into a domnio effect where the rest of the team now follows and takes bad shots instead of making plays for other by making the extra pass. Look up the recents stats of the last couple of games, the assists total for the games have been in the single digits. Since the first game of the season against Texas, where DeAndre played wild and out of control, constantly driving the ball into Texas big men only to have his shot blocked, falls down and didn't get back on defense when Texas started fast breaks off his turnovers or wild shots, and went 3-10 with 1 assist and 6 turnovers in 20 minutes, I knew it would be a long year for this team and it won't be long till the young players follow suit and start playing selfishly. It starts from the top down.

What happens to a guy that 's supposed to be on the finishing end of plays when he doesn't have a guard to make plays for him is he start pressing whenever he gets a shot and takes bad shots.

This team hasn't had a point guard in four years. Everyone is just out to take shots, there's no method to the madness.
    you got it right, dascoop.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I am still watching and listening to the games. I just can't post. It is too difficult. I will follow Tech forever and ALWAYS hope we can get it turned around.

Champ Reckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud ofReckless Abandon has much to be proud of Reckless Abandon's Avatar

The games aren't pretty, for sure, but I have another gripe to vent. What's with the new announcer, the Fox and Co., guy and Leah? I CANNOT understand a word they say. The announcements are just one muddled mess. It's gotten to be a joke with me and DH to see if either of us can figure out what they're saying. Are they too close to the microphones, talking/yelling too loud/fast in it (mostly her, not the guy here), or does the sound system suck? I really miss the black guy who used to do it. I could understand everything he said.
    That is Matt Lange, not Fox. They do sound and look alike though.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry about that. They really could be twins. Well, that's a relief, at least, since I really couldn't understand why a radio guy would sound that way. Do they not realize that no one can understand a word they are saying? No one has said anything to them? I'm not one to speak up and send emails, but I may have to before the season is over. It's really frustrating to keep hearing their muffled voices--his and Leah's.

Bulldog LT1 seems to have something between the earsLT1 seems to have something between the earsLT1 seems to have something between the earsLT1 seems to have something between the earsLT1 seems to have something between the earsLT1 seems to have something between the ears

Sorry about that. They really could be twins. Well, that's a relief, at least, since I really couldn't understand why a radio guy would sound that way. Do they not realize that no one can understand a word they are saying? No one has said anything to them? I'm not one to speak up and send emails, but I may have to before the season is over. It's really frustrating to keep hearing their muffled voices--his and Leah's.
    The floor announcer for the ladies games is very annoying. He likes to hear himself talk.

Champ LouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant futureLouisianaSelect has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    not sure with the comment about this team quit on Rupp. This team is young and without a team leader so they play very unorganized and uninspired at time. I see plenty of fight from our players.
    LaTech, my best friend live in Albany and he coaches a Nike Team there. Also he is a VP of Morgan Stanley. He has a son that play for the "Cuse". I might could hook u up with a ticket or two if you like.

Mike Theus

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless Abandon View Post
    That is Matt Lange, not Fox. They do sound and look alike though.

What is this all bald guys look the same? I dont think we sound at all alike..Maybe the bald thing but thats it.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    What is this all bald guys look the same? I dont think we sound at all alike..Maybe the bald thing but thats it.
    YOU ALL LOOK THE SAME TO ME!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

The sound at the TAC was very muffled tonight. Very hard to decipher. I think it's the 30 year old speakers.

+ Reply to Thread