+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dems pushing gun restrictions again

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Dems pushing gun restrictions again

Never let a tragedy go to waste - a common dem strategy.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/18/...ing/index.html
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Re: Dems pushing gun restrictions again

Pulled from a chain status post on FB: "To everyone who is calling for stricter gun laws in light of the tragedy in Tucson, may I offer this little tidbit: If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars drive drunk, and spoons make people fat. Remember: Hold the person accountable for their actions, not the means they chose to utilize!!!"

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

It's just a knee jerk reaction, they can't help themselves.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

I am 100% FOR gun rights and have absolutely no problem with citizens owning, shooting, and even concealing weapons(legally); but, what reason would anyone have for having a 31 round clip in a handgun? If you are that bad of a shot, you do not need a gun.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I am 100% FOR gun rights and have absolutely no problem with citizens owning, shooting, and even concealing weapons(legally); but, what reason would anyone have for having a 31 round clip in a handgun? If you are that bad of a shot, you do not need a gun.
    Technically, you'd need a 31 round clip in a handgun to be able to kill as many potential members of a tyrannical government's military in the event of a rebellion. I obviously don't support that at this time, but it's the reason for the right to bear arms to begin with. It's to protect yourself from things getting way too out-of-hand. Just a clarification... Of course, what this nut-job did in Arizona is awful!

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    Technically, you'd need a 31 round clip in a handgun to be able to kill as many potential members of a tyrannical government's military in the event of a rebellion. I obviously don't support that at this time, but it's the reason for the right to bear arms to begin with. It's to protect yourself from things getting way too out-of-hand. Just a clarification... Of course, what this nut-job did in Arizona is awful!
    I understand your "hypothetical situation", but it just seems a little much.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

The rounds in a *magazine* don't make a huge impact because they are so fast to reload. It takes a couple seconds, less if you practice and are decent at it. The competitive shooter guys can change a mag faster than you can blink.

One of those long mags would make it easier to spot while concealed and more unwieldy while shooting. The negatives are probably as bad as the extra rounds are good.

This is a non-issue but the dems/liberals who push control don't care about logic. They will use any and every situation to push their agenda.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Cho, the Va Tech shooter, killed 32 people using the same model Glock and also a .22. He had 10 and 15 round mags, a backpack full of them.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    1. Matrix-style target shooting at the range.

2. Defense of home situation when you get into a firefight in a hall with a no-gooder. If each person has taken a tactical position in separate rooms and you are trying to keep him where he is without allowing him to advance further down the hall. You might be glad that you have more rounds in the magazine.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

It would be hell of a lot harder to kill 30 people with a knife or sword. If someone did, I'd say he's got skillz.

Dangit. Meant to start this thread in PAWLITICS.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    1. Matrix-style target shooting at the range.

2. Defense of home situation when you get into a firefight in a hall with a no-gooder. If each person has taken a tactical position in separate rooms and you are trying to keep him where he is without allowing him to advance further down the hall. You might be glad that you have more rounds in the magazine.
    If you pay attention to defense stories, there are many that pop up needing 32 shots. At least more than the occasional nutball using that many rounds in a mag.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    It would be hell of a lot harder to kill 30 people with a knife or sword. If someone did, I'd say he's got skillz.
    My old roommate had a set of katana, and I used to take a Korean martial art that had a little bit of sword-fighting in it. We lived in the ghetto in BR at the time, so my plan in the event of a home invasion at night was to shut the lights off and hunt the S-O-B and turn it into his nightmare. I think of some messed up stuff, but THAT would've certainly scared the bejeezus out of them probably moreso than their accomplice getting shot at. For extra flare, I could even quote samurai flicks or curse at them in Japanese, I suppose. Imagine that news story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    My old roommate had a set of katana, and I used to take a Korean martial art that had a little bit of sword-fighting in it. We lived in the ghetto in BR at the time, so my plan in the event of a home invasion at night was to shut the lights off and hunt the S-O-B and turn it into his nightmare. I think of some messed up stuff, but THAT would've certainly scared the bejeezus out of them probably moreso than their accomplice getting shot at. For extra flare, I could even quote samurai flicks or curse at them in Japanese, I suppose. Imagine that news story.
    Ninja stars, FTW!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I waiting for the DEMS to ban exhaling and cars next. Oh wait...they couldn't tax us and them anymore could they?

+ Reply to Thread