+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1/20 Utah State game

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 1/20 Utah State game

Quote Originally Posted by BRINGTHEPAIN View Post
    I agree that Bendolph has not had as good of a year as last year. However, if you pro-rate both JB and Holloway’s stats out over 40 minutes, folks … there is no difference really.

JB over 40 minutes would average 5.6 assists and 5.4 turnovers (so just over a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio).
    Holloway over 40 minutes would average 4.5 assists and 4.5 turnovers (so exactly a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio).

So JB would average one more turnover per game but also one more assist (and that’s with her having a subpar year).

There are times when maybe Holloway has been the better option like in Hawaii. However, JB has proven numerous times in her career (just the other night in the win over Fresno State) that she makes plays down the stretch with games on the line (Idaho at home last year, Fresno State in WAC Tournament).

Spoon knows what she is doing.

Plus, I don’t think we are giving enough credit to JB for playing through almost constant pain with her disease. I like her heart.
    Good post! She has won us a lot of games in clutch times. I like Martina, as well. Rotate them and use them both. There are times when one is needed to combat a different type of defense. Martina needs to work a little more on her defense and that is why you see JB get more PT in most games.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Good post! She has won us a lot of games in clutch times. I like Martina, as well. Rotate them and use them both. There are times when one is needed to combat a different type of defense. Martina needs to work a little more on her defense and that is why you see JB get more PT in most games.
    you need to post after the game asap so we don't have to worry about you, Champ.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    you need to post after the game asap so we don't have to worry about you, Champ.
    LOL Sorry about that....... I had dinner with some Board members last night and didn't get back until the last 10 minutes. I listened to that and crashed..... I HATE when they want to do something during a game. I had my phone out and was following stats.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I was only able to listen to the last 9-10 mins, or so. Tech was ahead 68-50, shortly after I tuned in. But, I did want to discuss (haven't read this thread, might have been discussed already) how we let a 20-pt lead skid to 7. And! why did Jones foul near mid-court late in the game, and put a 90% FT on the line???? Say what! Did Jones forget and think we were behind and we needed to stop the clock?

AJ was awesome from the line, JB is a solid FT shooter....the rest? egad!

We make simple things so complicated.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I was only able to listen to the last 9-10 mins, or so. Tech was ahead 68-50, shortly after I tuned in. But, I did want to discuss (haven't read this thread, might have been discussed already) how we let a 20-pt lead skid to 7. And! why did Jones foul near mid-court late in the game, and put a 90% FT on the line???? Say what! Did Jones forget and think we were behind and we needed to stop the clock?

AJ was awesome from the line, JB is a solid FT shooter....the rest? egad!

We make simple things so complicated.
    I think it started when AJ got her 4th foul => we were much softer on defense + our guards didn't get the ball to AJ on offense for about 7 minutes or so + all the TOs.

+ Reply to Thread