+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/20 Utah State game

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Re: 1/20 Utah State game

Quote Originally Posted by baw011 View Post
    For lack of apathy sake..

This is un-f$&@ing acceptable what is happening to our program. I know someone in the athletic department reads this forum. Good! Please pass along to whoever you feel should know: as the few fans who La Tech still has, we do not stand for this losing shit. Nothing personal, but we need to get the right people in place from top to bottom to run a competitive team every year.

So... FIRE this staff. If you want fans, start over, invest as much as we can to compete for guys who can get it done.

And to back this up, I'm sending in $100 more to LTAC tomorrow with a note attached that something new has to be done. This is NOT WORKING.
    But we won 24 games last year and won ONE wac tournament game.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    But we won 24 games last year and won ONE wac tournament game.
    Does consistency mean nothing anymore? Four years into a contract and the guy has one winning season and he gets a pass??? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Does consistency mean nothing anymore? Four years into a contract and the guy has one winning season and he gets a pass??? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm joking. I said the same thing at the end of his second year, and again after his third. Some could see this coming for 2 years. Nobody listened.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    I'm joking. I said the same thing at the end of his second year, and again after his third. Some could see this coming for 2 years. Nobody listened.
    Sorry I missed that. Must be my morning fog!

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

The fish rots from the head down...when your president is clueless when it comes to Athletics, and your AD is nothing but a politician(consistenly tells each crowd what they want to hear instead of the truth), the recipe is disaster. If your presdient was is clueless and doesn't care(as ours is) and you have an awesome AD(unlike ours) it wouldn't be so bad...it amazes me how we have let it go on for so long...if it wasn't for a handful of fans, Bicknell would still be here with Joakes....In the words of Bicknell "It is frustrating"
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post

The Petri Dish - Their mascot’s name is Champ... which is still way better than Tweez.
    #5 Olu Ashaolu - Born in Nigeria but most recently lived in Canada. Goes by Olu AsYouLikeIt on Facebook
    #14 Tevin Hall - Nickname is T-Mac for reasons not fully known
    #15 Antwond Roshell - Nickname is Tweez, which makes T-Mac seem like a great nickname. Also looks kinda scary. Like the type of guy that’d make you want to hide yo’ kids, hide yo’ wife and hide yo’ husband cuz they rapin’ errbody out here.
    #20 Lonnie Smith - Nickname is Juiceman... which is still better than Tweez
    #22 Cordarius Johnson - Nickname is CJ... which is waaay better than Tweez. Name on Facebook is Cordarius UnderRated Johnson, which brings up all kinds of jokes we aren’t willing to touch.
    #23 James Johnson - Nickname is Duece... which is slightly below Juiceman but way ahead of Tweez
    #25 J.L Lewis - Full name is John L. Lewis, which means he goes by his nickname, which is still better than Tweez
    #45 Romario Souza - From Brazil. Transferred to Louisiana Tech from the College of Southern Idaho.

The Refraction is an independent and satirical publication run and paid for by students of Utah State University. For the sake of parody, satire, and laughter, the writings in this newsletter may not be entirely factual, and in some cases blatantly untrue. This publication is not associated with or authorized by Intercollegiate Athletics, Utah State University, the Western Athletic Conference, or the NCAA. The thoughts expressed in this publication do not reflect those of the entities aforementioned. All logos and trademarks in this newsletter are the property of their respective owner(s). If for any reason you are offended by what we write, please lighten up and realize that it is ok to laugh at, heckle, and emotionally psych out our competition through the same creative means that have been used for years. If lightening up is too much to ask, then please simply don’t read what we publish. Please send comments, complaints, suggestions, or paypal donations to the_refraction@hotmail.com . Also visit us on Myspace and Facebook. Download at www.usustats.com/refraction
    I love what these kids do for their USU program....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Those statements were satire sponsored by USU students. Isn't it sad that we are so bad that we could even think them to be plausible?
    All good satire and comedy has at least a grain of truth to it. I thought the Rupp was plausible at first.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Basketball Re: 1/20 Utah State game

The former women's basketball coach had won a conference championship, was nationally ranked at the end of a season, and had two postseason tournament births (in tournys you've heard of) in the 3 season's he was allowed to complete. His career record was 71-44 when he was let go midseason of his 4th year.

Around halfway into his fourth season, Kerry Rupp's career record here is 54-64 and falling fast.

Why is men's basketball not even remotely held to the same standard?

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

When his first season ended at Tech, Rupp summarily dismissed four of his players. Four kids that had played their guts out for him every game. Reason given--they were not capable of playing in the WAC. If I recall correctly that team did manage to win a game or two in the WAC.

I suppose if the 2010-11 team fails to win a conference game, then the whole team and the coaching staff must not be capable of competing in the WAC. Maybe Rupp will dismiss the whole bunch including himself.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    The length of this thread shows the status of our program...the apathy is much worse now than it was 5 or 6 years ago, much worse...
    Some of us just wish to show respect for the dead by not hanging out and gawking at the corpse.

Puppy aggiesports is just really niceaggiesports is just really niceaggiesports is just really niceaggiesports is just really niceaggiesports is just really niceaggiesports is just really niceaggiesports is just really niceaggiesports is just really niceaggiesports is just really niceaggiesports is just really niceaggiesports is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I love what these kids do for their USU program....
    You loved that one? Check out the one that's been done for NMSU:

http://www.usustats.com/refraction/

Click on Vol. 4 Issue 12

The Refraction gets passed around by the hundreds every home game. It's a great way to give students the same ammo and get everyone on the same page. It's been great, as well, well it comes to organizing our new chants.

Good game last night. I thought your guys played tough. There was no quit in them at all.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues View Post
    The former women's basketball coach had won a conference championship, was nationally ranked at the end of a season, and had two postseason tournament births (in tournys you've heard of) in the 3 season's he was allowed to complete. His career record was 71-44 when he was let go midseason of his 4th year.

Around halfway into his fourth season, Kerry Rupp's career record here is 54-64 and falling fast.

Why is men's basketball not even remotely held to the same standard?
    I don't understand why this is so hard for folks to understand. The administration's MO is, AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN, do the minimum to maintain the STATUS QUO. Within that some slippage is acceptable, but within certain parameters. The status quo for WBB in DR's tenure has been championships and NCAA runs, and CL let that slip a little too far. The status quo for MBB has been wild variability, and that is what we've got now.

Bottom line, though, is that while we need MBB to do well for our long-term viability, we need football to improve pronto or we are really screwed. In our market football is all that really matters. Need to get that house in order.

As for DR, he is fast approaching 70 and has no intentions of spending his golden years on the 16th floor of Wyly. I think he'd rather not leave in the middle of budget cuts, but since he passed on the opportunity to bow out during that brief period when we were fat and happy, he may not have much choice in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by aggiesports View Post
    You loved that one? Check out the one that's been done for NMSU:

http://www.usustats.com/refraction/

Click on Vol. 4 Issue 12

The Refraction gets passed around by the hundreds every home game. It's a great way to give students the same ammo and get everyone on the same page. It's been great, as well, well it comes to organizing our new chants.

Good game last night. I thought your guys played tough. There was no quit in them at all.
    While I'm glad that they played tough, I'd LOVE to hear that they are playing SMART.

Varsity Bulldog hachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her gamehachiman is on top of his/her game hachiman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    While I'm glad that they played tough, I'd LOVE to hear that they are playing SMART.
    I'd love to hear of us winning a game sometime soon... I mean is that to much to ask

Quote Originally Posted by hachiman View Post
    I'd love to hear of us winning a game sometime soon... I mean is that to much to ask
    Yep.

+ Reply to Thread