+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech Nation Radio

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Tech Nation Radio

Yes, I'm starting a new thread because the search didn't want to work.

2 more shows this year

Tonight 6-8 ESPN Radio 97.7 and espn977.com

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Tech Nation Radio

JFord, is there archive for the show last night?

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    JFord, is there archive for the show last night?
    No, sorry. You didn't miss much. The same ole recruiting stuff, plus my rant on the conference stuff.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    No, sorry. You didn't miss much. The same ole recruiting stuff, plus my rant on the conference stuff.
    For us "out of towners", can you please give us a quick summary of your comments on the "conference stuff"???

Do you guys ever openly question what DR is doing to further LA Tech's cause with CUSA?

Thanks,

HD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    For us "out of towners", can you please give us a quick summary of your comments on the "conference stuff"???

Do you guys ever openly question what DR is doing to further LA Tech's cause with CUSA?

Thanks,

HD
    My conference opinion is simple. Beg borrow and steal into the SBC or CUSA, if SBC takes you first keep trying for CUSA, if they never do keep trying until the end of time. The WAC in its future form is good for no one.

Until I know without a shadow of a doubt anything related to the DR stuff, I won't opening question it. Sorry.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,

HD
    Has anyone at 97.7 invited him on a show?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

My conference opinion is simple. Beg borrow and steal into the SBC or CUSA, if SBC takes you first keep trying for CUSA, if they never do keep trying until the end of time. The WAC in its future form is good for no one.

Until I know without a shadow of a doubt anything related to the DR stuff, I won't opening question it. Sorry.
    I sincerely appreciate your response.

Moving to the next point.......can you (or any of the other local media guys) do a series of interviews with DR, BVD, the USM prez, and particularly, Scott Cowens at Tulane, to find out where each party stands on this CUSA issue? I contend that one of the reasons DR has been so lazy about this "conference" stuff is because he doesn't have a demanding media pushing him for tough answers. He needs to be pushed!!

Even better, it would be great to see a "5 YEARS LATER" story about how the LA Tech-Tulane relationship appears to have stalled, despite the fact that Tech welcomed Tulane's students, football team, etc.... onto it's campus with open arms immediately after Hurricane Katrina. Back in 2005 Tech shared it's athletic facilities, class rooms....even Joe Aillet Stadium for a Green Wave home football game, with Tulane. Yet, despite it all, we haven't even scheduled a single football game or series with them.

Something is wrong with that, and I'd love to know what Scott Cowens has to say about it.

Ya know, sometimes good journalism requires digging a little deeper to get the story behind the story.

HD

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

I sincerely appreciate your response.

Moving to the next point.......can you (or any of the other local media guys) do a series of interviews with DR, BVD, the USM prez, and particularly, Scott Cowens at Tulane, to find out where each party stands on this CUSA issue? I contend that one of the reasons DR has been so lazy about this "conference" stuff is because he doesn't have a demanding media pushing him for tough answers. He needs to be pushed!!

Even better, it would be great to see a "5 YEARS LATER" story about how the LA Tech-Tulane relationship appears to have stalled, despite the fact that Tech welcomed Tulane's students, football team, etc.... onto it's campus with open arms immediately after Hurricane Katrina. Back in 2005 Tech shared it's athletic facilities, class rooms....even Joe Aillet Stadium for a Green Wave home football game, with Tulane. Yet, despite it all, we haven't even scheduled a single football game or series with them.

Something is wrong with that, and I'd love to know what Scott Cowens has to say about it.

Ya know, sometimes good journalism requires digging a little deeper to get the story behind the story.

HD
    +1000 HD. This is the stuff that I want to see from this board. More of this and less negative shit, please.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,

HD
    Great question. Second question - "Is the strategic plan for Louisiana Tech Athletics available for public view?"

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    Great question. Second question - "Is the strategic plan for Louisiana Tech Athletics available for public view?"
    I'll answer that one for you. No it's not. It should be though.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Another Question:
    What metrics are in use to measure the Athletic Departments progress toward longer term goals and how are "we" doing?

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

I want to know how far are we actually along in Quest for Excellence? How much money have we raised? How far are we from groundbreaking?

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

No you didn't!

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

I spoke to a sports writing class yesterday at tech and the question of the conferences came up. There are some current tech athletes in the class and they all hated being in the WAC now. Everyone of them said they would rather be anywhere else. Now that doesnt mean every athlete on campus feels this way.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    I spoke to a sports writing class yesterday at tech and the question of the conferences came up. There are some current tech athletes in the class and they all hated being in the WAC now. Everyone of them said they would rather be anywhere else. Now that doesnt mean every athlete on campus feels this way.
    My nephew was in that class when you spoke yesterday. He said he enjoyed it very much!

+ Reply to Thread