+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Board of Regents Identifies Underperforming Programs for Termination

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Board of Regents Identifies Underperforming Programs for Termination

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I find it hard to believe they would shut down the programs we have that no other school has in the country. Nanosystems...Audiology...

And the Supply Chain Management is a new program that was a big deal when it was started.
    Audiology isn't even on the list.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    ...Thought I saw somewhere that it was on the chopping block. Nevermind...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

What?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    What?
    My bad. I didn't click on the PDF link in the original post. I scoured the BOR spreadsheet with the completer data on it.

I don't understand why Audiology is on the list because it says PhD programs only need to average 2 completers per year. Our audiology program graduates an average of 3.3 doctoral students per year.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

41. BS Geographic Information Science - avg 5.7 completers No graduates in 2005-06. Seven graduates in 2009-10. Only Bachelor degree like this in the State.

ya know, this is one degree where a student doesn't need to complete to be VERY valuable to a company. I've actually thought about trying to take a minor in this.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    41. BS Geographic Information Science - avg 5.7 completers No graduates in 2005-06. Seven graduates in 2009-10. Only Bachelor degree like this in the State.

ya know, this is one degree where a student doesn't need to complete to be VERY valuable to a company. I've actually thought about trying to take a minor in this.
    Example of what these folks actually do? Tied to pipeline stuff?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Tech, ULM to evaluate 77 programs
    By Barbara Leader - thenewsstar.com
    January 28, 2011
    http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...te+77+programs

Louisiana Tech Vice President Ken Rae said that some of the identified programs are offered only at Louisiana Tech. Many of the school's programs, which were identified by the Board of Regents as low completers, have been exempted from the process in the past.

"More than half of the education degrees are primarily in individual certification areas which have been exempt from earlier reviews based on the state's need for certified teachers," he said. "In addition, a number of the degrees are core disciplines considered integral to university offerings, also included for the first time during a statewide review process."

Varsity Bulldog Dawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her gameDawgy Dog is on top of his/her game

We have the only Wildlife Habitat Management program in Louisiana.

LSU is the only other school to offer Environmental Science.
    I think, once Wildlife was moved from the Biology Department to Forestry, most students major in Forestry and minor in Wildlife Management (I think). I think we lost several students by placing wildlife under the forestry department. I would not have majored in wildlife if it was in the forestry department while I was there.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Tech, ULM to evaluate 77 programs
    By Barbara Leader - thenewsstar.com
    January 28, 2011
    http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...te+77+programs
    Louisiana Tech Vice President Ken Rae said that some of the identified programs are offered only at Louisiana Tech. Many of the school's programs, which were identified by the Board of Regents as low completers, have been exempted from the process in the past.

"More than half of the education degrees are primarily in individual certification areas which have been exempt from earlier reviews based on the state's need for certified teachers," he said. "In addition, a number of the degrees are core disciplines considered integral to university offerings, also included for the first time during a statewide review process."
    Dang it! This sounds bad but we need DR's full attention to the athletic side right now.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Example of what these folks actually do? Tied to pipeline stuff?
    dang skippy !!! survey, enviro, municipal, oil and gas, this can be applied all over the place. I've been interested in it but really first started using it here at R2. I know PPM wanted to use it to bring all their sites and info together but didnt really have a starting point.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

dang skippy !!! survey, enviro, municipal, oil and gas, this can be applied all over the place. I've been interested in it but really first started using it here at R2. I know PPM wanted to use it to bring all their sites and info together but didnt really have a starting point.
    Calm down! Just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Calm down! Just asking.
    insurance agency's, police departments, parishes, states, armed forces, guys with deer leases

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

insurance agency's, police departments, parishes, states, armed forces, guys with deer leases
    I'd like to know what these professionals say when they look at the universal satellite photos available of Ouachiata Parish and it's covered in clouds . . .. :icon_wink:
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I'd like to know what these professionals say when they look at the universal satellite photos available of Ouachiata Parish and it's covered in clouds . . .. :icon_wink:
    LOL, you've seen that huh ? I think its Mayo's fault

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

BOR to explore combining UNO and SUNO into a new school, and taking it into the ULS.

So....the LSU system needs to shed a troublesome school, and of course, the whole Southern system is a joke, period. So...the ULS will bail them out by taking on another mouth to feed?

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...17/1060/NEWS01

+ Reply to Thread