+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ObamaCare: A false Promise

Hybrid View

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

ObamaCare: A false Promise

Medicare Actuary Doubts Health Care Law Will Hold Down Costs

Published January 26, 2011
    |

WASHINGTON -- Two of the central promises of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul law are unlikely to be fulfilled, Medicare's independent economic expert told Congress on Wednesday.
    The landmark legislation probably won't hold costs down, and it won't let everybody keep their current health [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]insurance[/COLOR][/COLOR] if they like it, Chief Actuary Richard Foster told the House Budget Committee. His office is responsible for independent long-range cost estimates.

Foster's assessment came a day after Obama in his State of the Union message told lawmakers that he's open to improvements in the law, but unwilling to rehash the health care debate of the past two years. Republicans want to repeal the landmark legislation that provides coverage to more than 30 million people now uninsured, but lack the votes.
    Foster was asked by Rep. Tom McClintock, R-Calif., for a simple true or false response on two of the main assertions made by supporters of the law: that it will bring down unsustainable medical costs and will let people keep their current health insurance if they like it.
    On the costs issue, "I would say false, more so than true," Foster responded.

rest of article
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...aw-hold-costs/

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: ObamaCare: A false Promise

Straight from Drudge Report.
    link
    Uninsured have increased under Obama and since Obamacare was enacted...

Gallup: Uninsured Have Increased Under Obama and Since Obamacare Was Enacted
    Tuesday, September 06, 2011
    By Terence P. Jeffrey President Barack Obama (AP Photo)

(CNSNews.com) - The percentage of American adults who lack health insurance coverage has not only increased during the presidency of Barack Obama, but it has continued to increase since Obama signed his signature piece of legislation last year mandating that by 2014 every American carry health insurance, according to a Gallup survey released today.
    In 2008, when George W. Bush was president, according to Gallup, 14.9 percent of adult residents of the United States lacked health insurance coverage. That increased to 16.2 percent in 2009, the year that Obama was inaugurated, and to 16.4 percent in 2010, the year that Obama signed his law requiring that all Americans have health insurance.
    In the first half of this year, according to data released by Gallup today, the percentage of adults in the United States lacking health insurance ticked up to 16.8 percent.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Shouldn't that happen if people are losing jobs?

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Shouldn't that happen if people are losing jobs?
    Doesn't matter, it's all Obama's fault anyway.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Doesn't matter, it's all Obama's fault anyway.
    Among others, yes. Especially, though, since it is his healthcare law that the majority of people didn't want and definitely doesn't need. But I would think that people losing healthcare benefits right now has more to do with people losing jobs than anything else, though I'm sure Obamacare is a factor too.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Among others, yes. Especially, though, since it is his healthcare law that the majority of people didn't want and definitely doesn't need. But I would think that people losing healthcare benefits right now has more to do with people losing jobs than anything else, though I'm sure Obamacare is a factor too.
    my employer pays 60% of my monthly premium costs. My share of my premium has risen $120 over the past 2 years. How many employers can keep up with that rate increase without laying people off? Especially companies like mine with over 500 people. What other reason can you give for the drastic increase other than Obamacare? I know premiums will increase year after year, but $60 per year over the last 2 has really been tough.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    my employer pays 60% of my monthly premium costs. My share of my premium has risen $120 over the past 2 years. How many employers can keep up with that rate increase without laying people off? Especially companies like mine with over 500 people. What other reason can you give for the drastic increase other than Obamacare? I know premiums will increase year after year, but $60 per year over the last 2 has really been tough.
    You better thank your lucky stars if you are concerned over a $60 per year increase in your premium! I work for a large engineering firm who has their insurance with LA Blue Cross Blue Shield. My company pays right at 50% of our premiums and in 2008 my premium increased $20, in 2009 it increased $60, in 2010 it increased $20 and in 2011 it increased $54 PER PAYCHECK and I get paid every other week. Now granted I pay the "employee plus wife & dependents" (family rates) but I would love to have a $60 per year increase. Health insurance has really gotten out of hand and it's getting worse. I truly dread what will happen if and when "Obamacare" kicks in.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-pulls-pl...190228758.html Surprise, Suprise to quote Gomer. The $$$ dollars don't add up.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Page 429-430

the government will order that your grandparents and any hopelessly ill others, regardless of age, be put to sleep. Just like you do with an aged pet that is beyond help.

I know the libtards just LOVE all this BIG government intervention in our lives. Except....when an evil Repub is back in power and will then use this very system to eliminate the worthless a-holes in our society. hah!

NO ONE wins when gov-mint gets too big and powerful. No one.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

It is about to get much worse. I can give you dozens of serious, industry-changing reasons why. Want a little nugget of info that should give you some hint of the implications regarding what is just over the horizon? The Louisiana Hospital Association has formed an emergency rural health task force consisting of 15 hospital CEOs, of which I am one, 2 healthcare attorneys, various key players at LHA, and a couple of consultants. Our stated purpose? We are to develop a strategic plan and focused approach on rural healthcare for the state of Louisiana, specifically with regards to the affect of healthcare reform and the state budget challenges, on the sustainability of all rural healthcare providers, physicians and hospitals alike. In preparation, the consultants spoke with peer agencies from multiple states. they don't have a clue what to do. Louisiana is the first to take this kind of action and about 15 states are watching what we do, as they requested to have representatives present. Those requests were declined, by the way. We have our second of three two-day meeting in two weeks.

If the consensus wasn't that multiple physician practices and hospitals were going to close, do you think we would be doing this? Answer: Nope.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

So, is is safe to say that our government is trying to force us into begging them to rescue us from our high insurance costs by offering the government system? Is Obama trying to force us into dependence? Well, I would beg Mr BHO and anyone who is in his camp on this deal to take a long walk off a short pier in concrete shoes.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Bingo that's the potus plan.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    So, is is safe to say that our government is trying to force us into begging them to rescue us from our high insurance costs by offering the government system? Is Obama trying to force us into dependence? Well, I would beg Mr BHO and anyone who is in his camp on this deal to take a long walk off a short pier in concrete shoes.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I was requested to write an article on it for the Ruston-Lincoln Chamber of Commerce newsletter for November. I can post it here if anyone is interested.

+ Reply to Thread