+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: ObamaCare: A false Promise

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: ObamaCare: A false Promise

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    That was not 1920’s and 1930’s Germany.
    Apart from Einstein, Planck, Heisenberg, Gauss, Freud, Mann, Heidegger, Frankfurt School, Weimar Culture, BauHaus design, BASF, Bayer, the Audi merger, the founding of the “people’s car” and Volkswagen, Germany didn’t really have much going for it.

While there was economic turmoil, there is no denying that Germany was a “center” of culture, knowledge, and production/economics during that period of time. It is not like Hitler rose to power in a society that dissimilar that didn’t have the means or know-how to stop it. He just showed up at an opportunistic time, when Germans weren’t feeling like they were there usual “greatness” and he appealed to the German shadow.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    often use dogwhistles to appeal to the shadow.

https://hubpages.com/health/The-Shad...nd-Shadow-Gold
    Amazing how you dismiss Christianity and faith, yet cling to Jungian Archetype theory. If you are hearing dogwhistles, perhaps you are projecting your shadow on those things that bother you within yourself.

Note that in Jung's defined process of individuation (which happens in the second part of life), you recognize there is a power greater than your ego and that is where religion comes to the forefront.

I can believe this because it happened to me in my mid 40's. Of course, I do not pretend to know all the answers, nor do I have the ability to psychoanalyze a country's inhabitants from a distance of over 3000 miles (and 8 decades hence), and I am amazed at how my thought processes change every day based on some new experience or memory.

You are not the only person that ponders these things. Those things you think about Trump today...I thought about Obama yesterday. As a matter of fact, it was the way Obama was idolized that made me realize that humans are made to worship a creator, and whenever they are separated from their creator (or their God archetype), they make up a false one. Remember this? Chilling!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp-ot_vChlU

I also remember the fainting and swooning and the Greek columns erected for his speeches. I remember him giving the Queen of England an I-POD with pictures of his inauguration and audio from some of his speeches.

Or maybe that bothered me because I was projecting my shadow as well! Either way, Trump is no worse than any that have preceded him.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Just trying to speak in religious metaphors of the type that you guys might understand. I don’t personally go for the archetype theory as an actual real “essence” sort of thing, but some aspects of the archetypes do appear to be consistent with human behavior. Obviously that is true or else the theories would not have been formulated around such behaviors and beliefs.

And I don’t believe that humans were “made to” (in the sense of creation for purpose) idolize or worship people and things. The fact that they do suggests that such a trait might serve some historical evolutionary benefit. It is not hard to come up with reasons why that might have been a useful adaptation - most obviously to fill in apparent (but ever decreasing) holes in our understanding of the cosmos and allow human reason to be directed to more immediate and practical survival and advancement knowledge. But even more obvious, religion and idols also provide a mechanism to maintain social order reducing instability within the society that worships the idol.

+ Reply to Thread