+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preseason Rankings

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Re: Preseason Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    KC has 6 of the top-50 ranked and 4 of them are in the top-16. Ridiculous talent.

Catcher Wil Myers being moved to the outfield to keep his bat in the lineup daily and get some other prospect catchers more work/opp to make MLB. Jake Ordorizzi was the Brewers top pitching prospect and came over in the good Greinke trade. You mentioned Hosmer and Moose. Pitchers Mike Montgomery and John Lamb.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb
    Since this thread has been effectivly hijacked, can you comment on the status of Brian Rike, Omaha? He seems to have found a snag with Modesto, where he hasn't moved now in a few years. Any word on his future as you see it? Also, any truth to the rumor that J.C. Holt is unsigned this offseason with nowhere to go.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

I don't know anything about Rike other than a scout told me 2 years ago that he probably had hit his ceiling. I don't know anything about Holt either.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

I got to see Homser last year when I went to watch the Northwest Arkansas play Little Rock and he's legit. If y'all can keep a hold of the talent coming up through the system there is no reason that the Royals shouldn't win the the AL central in a few years.

Champ BLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to allBLUE collar is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by OmahaDawg View Post
    I don't know anything about Rike other than a scout told me 2 years ago that he probably had hit his ceiling. I don't know anything about Holt either.
    That is disappointing... Holt was a friend of mine through little league, he had some Triple A time last year, but speaking with his wife a few weeks ago, she said he didn't have a contract this season.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    That is disappointing... Holt was a friend of mine through little league, he had some Triple A time last year, but speaking with his wife a few weeks ago, she said he didn't have a contract this season.
    Holt should go Indy-ball then until he gets an offer.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE collar View Post
    I always thought Holt would hit for better average, but he has struggled to stay above 280 since he got to the higher up ball, especially last year. Given the fact that he doesnt walk a lot and doesnt have a lot of pop, he needs to be able to hit over 300 to have a shot, IMO. He seemed on his way in 2007, but hit a wall.

I had my questions about him when he went to LSU (big fish, small pond), but the guy could rake and run, no doubt. It just shows you how hard it is to make it in pro ball.

+ Reply to Thread