+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bradshaw Resigns

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Re: Bradshaw Resigns

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    You don't know how Shows ticks. He wanted it BADLY.
    I know exactly how he ticks. He may have wanted WM to think he wanted it, but he didn't.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    I would tell Bradshaw the same thing I told SPat at Farmerville. STAY the hell out of Ruston. To many people behind the scenes who want to feel important are involved. Its unfortunate because I know alot of great Ruston High parents but its the other ones who have given them a TERRIBLE reputation and the coaches across north LA know it.

I would argue that you have the same thing everywhere. I played with guys that transfered from W. Ouachita and they said there were boosters there who thought they were coaches. We all know that everyone in West Monroe thinks they know everything because they have a kid who attended elementary with a kid who rode the bench for Coach Shows. They are everywhere and you just notice them in Ruston if you lived here or still live here.

Just do what I do. Make sure you let people know that just because you went to Ruston and I didn't doesn't make me different, it just makes you a moron. At least I feel better.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Also hear Bastrop named a new principal the day he resigned. May be more to the story than his health.
    Again, go to post #8 and see story on how Bradshaw addressed the Facebook rumor you mention. Bradshaw calls it bunk.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Like who? And also, that was about 7-8 years ago.
    I'm not going to name them specifically but I can tell you there was interest from highly qualified coordinators and hc's from south la and east tx. Also there were several who had college experience as well. RHS is and always will be a highly regarded job among the HS ranks.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jellidawg View Post
    Personally, I think he could do as good as Spangler is doing, if not better.

Not that we have an opening at this time, but I wonder if he would be a good fit on coaching staff at Tech? Would it open up a pipeline to Bastrop players?

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

Are you one of those parents bluecrew speaks of? Billy Laird is a good football coach and an even better person. RHS has more football coaches in the stands per capita than any school in the nation. Thankfully RHS has a principal with a backbone.
    Actually I am not one of those parents,but I do agree with the comment made by Bluecrew. I am not questioning coach Laird as a person,and will not loose any sleep about it one way or another. I do,however,expect to continue to see the same results we have been seeing.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    I'm not going to name them specifically but I can tell you there was interest from highly qualified coordinators and hc's from south la and east tx. Also there were several who had college experience as well. RHS is and always will be a highly regarded job among the HS ranks.
    Like the one that accepted the job and quit within a week?

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Are you one of those parents bluecrew speaks of? Billy Laird is a good football coach and an even better person. RHS has more football coaches in the stands per capita than any school in the nation. Thankfully RHS has a principal with a backbone.
    I'm not a parent at all... I am a former Bearcat that went from Childress to Gillum. laird is a good guy... But football has passed him by. These kids today don't respond to a 68 year old coach. Our program needs to change. If he is willing to change great. But the lack of communication between jr high/ high school coaches is bad. The kids playing YMCA and pop Warner in west monroe are running basic west Monroe plays. The coaches go to w Monroe coaching clinics... You can have that kind of commitment and mow yards at 3 pm... And the Shreveport mindset of " hey we made the play offs" wears me out!

Quote Originally Posted by rbhtech View Post
    I'm not a parent at all... I am a former Bearcat that went from Childress to Gillum. laird is a good guy... But football has passed him by. These kids today don't respond to a 68 year old coach. Our program needs to change. If he is willing to change great. But the lack of communication between jr high/ high school coaches is bad. The kids playing YMCA and pop Warner in west monroe are running basic west Monroe plays. The coaches go to w Monroe coaching clinics... You can have that kind of commitment and mow yards at 3 pm... And the Shreveport mindset of " hey we made the play offs" wears me out!
    Since you're comparing RHS to WM, isn't Shows about the same age? RHS is not WM. They have 3-4 feeder schools. Ruston has one. They are also over 2x larger than Ruston. Some RHS football fans remind me of Lady Techster fans.....living in the past. This isn't the 80's anymore.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Lots of information on line today.

http://www.bastropenterprise.com/

Marq Mitcham is one of the best sportswriters in Louisiana. He should be in a hall of fame. I think he and Dawgmatic went to school together.

This past season was one of the best coaching jobs ever put together by a Bastrop staff. I think the only reason Bradshaw was able to finish the season was because of his coaches.
    I've known Marq Mitcham since we went to kindergarten together. How did you know that?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

This isn't the 80's anymore.
    The Bearcats played in the Dome in '98 and made it to the semifinals in '99, losing to West Monroe both years. That's not the '80s, that's about a dozen years ago. Ruston made the 5A quarterfinals about five years ago, too. There's still talent that walks those halls. Is it on par with the depth of talent at West Monroe? No, but not many schools have that. Ruston can still compete.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    The Bearcats played in the Dome in '98 and made it to the semifinals in '99, losing to West Monroe both years. That's not the '80s, that's about a dozen years ago. Ruston made the 5A quarterfinals about five years ago, too. There's still talent that walks those halls. Is it on par with the depth of talent at West Monroe? No, but not many schools have that. Ruston can still compete.
    Ruston DOES still compete.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Ruston DOES still compete.
    Let me preface this by saying I am NOT advocating for Laird to be fired, not at ALL:

However, 6-5 with zero wins over teams that finished more than one game over .500, losses to mediocre Byrd and Sulphur teams, and a loss in the first round of the playoffs is what I consider a very disappointing season.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Let me preface this by saying I am NOT advocating for Laird to be fired, not at ALL:

However, 6-5 with zero wins over teams that finished more than one game over .500, losses to mediocre Byrd and Sulphur teams, and a loss in the first round of the playoffs is what I consider a very disappointing season.
    And I would bet there was none more disappointed than the coaches. For the people that claim that Ruston has tons of talent walking the halls, where is it? I mean honestly, I keep up with local athletics, and how many colleges are knocking the doors down to get recruits at RHS these days?

Big Dog TBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of lightTBDawg01 is a glorious beacon of light TBDawg01's Avatar

And I would bet there was none more disappointed than the coaches. For the people that claim that Ruston has tons of talent walking the halls, where is it? I mean honestly, I keep up with local athletics, and how many colleges are knocking the doors down to get recruits at RHS these days?
    That's the point, there is plenty of young talent at RHS it just doesn't get any better. I promise you if Brad Bradshaw would have been at RHS the last 15 years his record would be a lot closer to what it was at Bastrop than what Laird's record is at RHS. You can't tell me that WMHS and BHS sucked for the better part of 40 years and all of a sudden the talent just magically appeared. In high school 90 percent is coaching, and by coaching I mean everything (getting the kids to play FB, strength and conditioning, etc.) For what ever reason, Billy Laird has been very average at RHS and it is time for him to move on.

Travis Boney

+ Reply to Thread