+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Byu game - moved

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Re: Byu game

When does the wac release their schedule?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ddgravy View Post
    When does the wac release their schedule?
    Toward the end of this month I believe.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Toward the end of this month I believe.
    Thanks

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Tickets for TECH/BYU game on 11/5/11 listed for sale on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Tickets-Louisi...item41564a07a2

The seller appears to be a ticket reseller. Delivery date estimated to be later this month.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Humor is a matter of opinion, and I did not find it funny. At first, all I did was give him a red dot with my signature; nothing more, nothing less.

And I was going to leave it that (in private), but in his usual childish nature, he chose to take it to the next level and belittle me in public. Go back and look at this thread, I merely responded to his public insult.

As for lightening up, please slowly reread my last post, and you will figure out the point that I was making. It is not that I think he should go sensitivity training for his lack of humor (for which I don't), but that he cluelessly said that I should go.

Am I not entitled to my opinion that it was not funny by giving him a red dot?

Now ponder this: Would you have found it as funny if I had instead said, "Yeah, but the Mormons were faster at recognizing that polygamy was wrong (1890) than the Southern Baptist Convention was at officially recognizing that slavery and racism were bad (1995)"? Probably not.
    Didn't you see that show on TV about the mormon that had multiple wives? He got investigated after it was on TV. Polygamy pales in comparison to the massacre that Brigham Young ordered of settlers that were killed in an ambush on the way to California. They killed men, women, and children after the settlers had surrendered.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Let's let this go DonW. I made a harmless joke which virtually everyone enjoyed except for a couple of "oh my gosh" touchy-feelys. We've already had a huge thread on the Mormons in the past.

Let's concentrate on this good signing class and conference realignment. I'll handle the nut-cases (as soon as I'm through messing with them!).
    Last edited by LookingForResults; 02-05-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Didn't you see that show on TV about the mormon that had multiple wives? He got investigated after it was on TV. Polygamy pales in comparison to the massacre that Brigham Young ordered of settlers that were killed in an ambush on the way to California. They killed men, women, and children after the settlers had surrendered.
    Weren't these settlers from Arkansas?

Puppy Florida Dawg isn't thought very highly of around hereFlorida Dawg isn't thought very highly of around hereFlorida Dawg isn't thought very highly of around hereFlorida Dawg isn't thought very highly of around here

The show about which you are typing is about a family who belongs to the Apostolic United Brethern Church, which is not alligned with the mainstream Morman Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Didn't you see that show on TV about the mormon that had multiple wives? He got investigated after it was on TV. .
    Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (mormons) are not polygamist. As it was mentioned it was abolished in the 1800s. If you see a TV show that says they are and you believe it, then, you are an idiot. Just like if you see a TV show about 9/11 being an inside job and you believe it, then, you are an idiot.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by chew4219 View Post
    The same way that Protestant, Baptist and Catholics handed out small pox infected blankets to eradicate an entire race?

Religion is a slippery road to go down on a SPORTS FORUM! Besides the joke wasn't that distasteful.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_massacre
    http://www.contenderministries.org/articles/mormon.php

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Yeah, but they were a little slow on that monogamous marriage-thing as well!
    And some Christians are still a little slow on the science thing.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I don't really know Mormon polity, but I would imagine that their structure more closely resembles the RCs than the Southern Baptists.
    True! They believe their church is the "restoration."
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

See, I am an expert, because I have watched all of the seasons of Big Love.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    And some Christians are still a little slow on the science thing.
    Be careful, you'll sweep up the Mormons in that net too and then the PC cops will be after you!

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Be careful, you'll sweep up the Mormons in that net too and then the PC cops will be after you!
    Nah. BYU teaches evolution. They just have some interesting views on pre-Columbus American History.

+ Reply to Thread