+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No 'Jumbotron' at Super Bowl XLV

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

No 'Jumbotron' at Super Bowl XLV

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: No 'Jumbotron' at Super Bowl XLV

Not gonna lie, that Jumbotron™ is one of the most amazing things I've ever laid my eyes on. If it weren't for the Cowboys, I could spend a few Sunday afternoons watching football at Jerry's World thanks to that Jumbotron™.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Not gonna lie, that Jumbotron™ is one of the most amazing things I've ever laid my eyes on. If it weren't for the Cowboys, I could spend a few Sunday afternoons watching football at Jerry's World thanks to that Jumbotron™.

I'd love to see you put that in print and get your letter from the Sony Corp.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

That thing kind of takes the crowd out of the game. It's simply amazing though. That stadium is amazing and a very cool to watch a game in. It really is perfect for the Cowboys. Would never fit a team like the Saints or the Bears for instance. The Cowboys fans have always been a wine and cheese, luxury sort of crowd. The Saints for instance are more of a crazy crowd centric noisy type of environment. Both environments are very cool though. The Bears and Packers are all about that traditional throwback football in the cold and mud with fans taking their shirts off & the linemen for the Bears coming out in short sleeves when it is 10 degrees type of experience. I think if you are an NFL team you have to at least HAVE a culture. Take the Jags for example, besides empty stadium seats and Josh what is their culture or fan experience? Nothing really comes to mind.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    That thing kind of takes the crowd out of the game. It's simply amazing though. That stadium is amazing and a very cool to watch a game in. It really is perfect for the Cowboys. Would never fit a team like the Saints or the Bears for instance. The Cowboys fans have always been a wine and cheese, luxury sort of crowd. The Saints for instance are more of a crazy crowd centric noisy type of environment. Both environments are very cool though. The Bears and Packers are all about that traditional throwback football in the cold and mud with fans taking their shirts off & the linemen for the Bears coming out in short sleeves when it is 10 degrees type of experience. I think if you are an NFL team you have to at least HAVE a culture. Take the Jags for example, besides empty stadium seats and Josh what is their culture or fan experience? Nothing really comes to mind.
    I think the Jags' main purpose is to keep the stadium staff occupied during the period between each year's Florida/Georgia game.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I think the Jags' main purpose is to keep the stadium staff occupied during the period between each year's Florida/Georgia game.
    I think your right, it's good practice to keep em ready for all the beer and whiskey bottles they gotta pick up after the "World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party".

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it's on to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Looks like it's on to me.
    You're right, but it's the Mitsubishi Diamondvision Board that is on. There is NOT Jumbotron™ in Jerry's Stadium.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    You're right, but it's the Mitsubishi Diamondvision Board that is on. There is NOT Jumbotron™ in Jerry's Stadium.
    AHH...

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    If it weren't for the Cowboys ...
    Oh geez, not that **&^%$# again.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Oh geez, not that **&^%$# again.
    I don't like the Cowboys. Sue me.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

+ Reply to Thread