+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sean Payton to Dallas...

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: Sean Payton to Dallas...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I didn't know that. Did you ever cheer for the Oilers? I wonder if there are any Oiler fans that became Titans fans and stayed Titans fans even after the Texans came into being. Probably most of them were too pissed at them to keep cheering for them. I was never an Oiler fan but I did love watching Earl Campbell when I was a kid. Warren Moon was exciting as well.
    I was always a Saints fan, but I did like the Oilers. I wasnt alive when Earl Campbell was in the league, but it is awesome to watch the film. Easy to understand why he didnt hold up very long, but it was fun to watch while it lasted. Reminds me of Marion Barber (though he was never at the level Earl was at). However, he is great to watch run when he is healthy, sort of like a linebacker carrying the ball. I think his career might last a little longer than Earl's because of other RB support, but I dont see him being effective past 29. He wasnt very effective this year at 27.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I hope so as I cheer for the Texans!
    I didn't know that. Did you ever cheer for the Oilers? I wonder if there are any Oiler fans that became Titans fans and stayed Titans fans even after the Texans came into being. Probably most of them were too pissed at them to keep cheering for them. I was never an Oiler fan but I did love watching Earl Campbell when I was a kid. Warren Moon was exciting as well.
    I was a Huge Oiler's fan as I moved to Houston in 1977 after graduating from Tech. Those were great years as Love Ya Blue support was well deserved and really fun. Of course Bud Adams, being the arse that he is, ruined the whole thing for Houston and Texas in general. I am a big Houston Astro fan as well. We used to park for $1, buy $2 tickets in the upper section, drink $1 Dome Fome and nachos. The whole night might cost my wife and I $10 max during those playoff years!
    And of course I am a life long Saints fan having lived there from 1962 until I went to Tech in the mid 70's.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I was always a Saints fan, but I did like the Oilers. I wasnt alive when Earl Campbell was in the league, but it is awesome to watch the film. Easy to understand why he didnt hold up very long, but it was fun to watch while it lasted. Reminds me of Marion Barber (though he was never at the level Earl was at). However, he is great to watch run when he is healthy, sort of like a linebacker carrying the ball. I think his career might last a little longer than Earl's because of other RB support, but I dont see him being effective past 29. He wasnt very effective this year at 27.
    Barber is and was a beast. And you're right per it possibly catching up to him.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Barber is and was a beast. And you're right per it possibly catching up to him.
    Even though Earl was bigger than Barber is, I think he was also a step quicker. Barber has the heart of Earl Campbell but wasn't blessed physically like the Tyler Rose was.

I'm not a big fan of Barbers game these days. He gets slower every year.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I was a Huge Oiler's fan as I moved to Houston in 1977 after graduating from Tech. Those were great years as Love Ya Blue support was well deserved and really fun. Of course Bud Adams, being the arse that he is, ruined the whole thing for Houston and Texas in general. I am a big Houston Astro fan as well. We used to park for $1, buy $2 tickets in the upper section, drink $1 Dome Fome and nachos. The whole night might cost my wife and I $10 max during those playoff years!

I wish I would have seen a game in the Astrodome before it closed. I am going to make it a point to catch a game at Minute Maid Park this year. Probably when the Cubs or Phillies are in town.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Even though Earl was bigger than Barber is, I think he was also a step quicker. Barber has the heart of Earl Campbell but wasn't blessed physically like the Tyler Rose was.

I'm not a big fan of Barbers game these days. He gets slower every year.

He looked painfully slow at times this year, only showing a decent burst in a few games. Lower leg injuries taking their toll in my opinion. NFL RB is one of the least envied positions in sports. Less pay, less years, and more injury.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    He looked painfully slow at times this year, only showing a decent burst in a few games. Lower leg injuries taking their toll in my opinion. NFL RB is one of the least envied positions in sports. Less pay, less years, and more injury.
    And he was slow to begin with so out of all RB's he didn't have a step to lose. It has killed him. IMO he's be better off at FB right now. Choice has been a better back for 2 years now but isn't getting any PT. Hopefully Garrett changes this.

I wish I would have seen a game in the Astrodome before it closed. I am going to make it a point to catch a game at Minute Maid Park this year. Probably when the Cubs or Phillies are in town.
    Minute Maid Park is a blast! You'll enjoy it!

+ Reply to Thread