+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sean Payton to Dallas...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Sean Payton to Dallas...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    But you didn't respond to my question. I never said that the Cowboys are going to get Payton. Not one person I know has even brought it up. I don't know any Cowboy fans in a "tizzy." Although I know Cowboys haters love to think that Cowboy fans are in a tizzy but the fact is I haven't seen it being talked about on the news or any of the sportstalk radio shows at all and they talk Cowboys 24/7.

I asked why you think Garrett is an idiot. And why you don't think he will do a good job. In his short stint so far I have been impressed. He is instilling the discipline that this team has lacked for so long. I love how his first day on the job he installed about 20 digital clocks throughout the training facility and told the team they now have no excuse to be late to any meetings. Not that clocks are going to make you a SB Champion but it is setting the tone early and letting everyone know he is no Wade Phillips and that they will be held accountable now. I am actually expecting him to do well. I think he will be a lot better HC than coordinator.
    Have it your way. Garrett is a football genius.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

Saints fans are funny.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DAWG DUDE View Post
    Saints fans are funny.
    Cowboys fans are extra funny.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Have it your way. Garrett is a football genius.
    Didn't say that either. You said he is an idiot and I am asking you why you think that he is.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I can't tell you the number of times I've been asked here in Tyler what I think about Payton becoming the coach of the girls or his moving to Dallas. I would say Jerry's girl's club are in a tizzy for sure. Then again some are just having a little fun with me on the issue I'm sure. But I don't blame them wishing for Payton to be their HC.

Calling major BS on that one. You are telling me that Dallas talk radio and news couldn't care less but in TYLER Sean Payton buying a house in the suburbs over here is the talk of the town?? ...Please. I listen to The Ticket and ESPN Radio my entire day while I'm out in the field for my job and you know where I heard about Payton moving here?? ON THIS BOARD!!

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I think the Cowboys are doing the oscillation between hardass (Parcells) to candy ass (Wade) back to hardass (Garrett). These things usually work well for a while, but people get burnt out on guys that are too hard and get undisciplined on the candy ass. This seemed to happen to the Boys over the last 8 years. They were great when Wade first came in because it was the best of both worlds (still disciplined and played relaxed under Phillips). Even though they didnt have playoff success, they still had great regular seasons, and it took a major gaffe for them not to win a playoff game. If Garrett is smart, he will play the hardass card for a while to get these guys heads out of their butts, then ease off once he has the team under his thumb. I think the new NFL player just cant play long-term for a Parcells. They just arent as tough-minded as they used to be, IMO.

I think you are right. But I will say from all of my business dealings that it is always better/easier to start off as a hard ass and then ease off than it is to start relaxed and then try to tighten the screws. I think Garrett will realize this. He comes from a family of coaches.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I think you are right. But I will say from all of my business dealings that it is always better/easier to start off as a hard ass and then ease off than it is to start relaxed and then try to tighten the screws. I think Garrett will realize this. He comes from a family of coaches.
    I would say an absolute must after coming out of the Wade Phillips era. The Cowboys players claimed to work hard for Phillips, but for that D to give up that many points? Come on man!

I question Phillips hiring here in Houston. I know he is good at making a bad defense decent (and that might be all the Texans need to compete for a playoff position). However, I think the Texans lack toughness, and I dont think they will get it under Wade.

I would say an absolute must after coming out of the Wade Phillips era. The Cowboys players claimed to work hard for Phillips, but for that D to give up that many points? Come on man!

I question Phillips hiring here in Houston. I know he is good at making a bad defense decent (and that might be all the Texans need to compete for a playoff position). However, I think the Texans lack toughness, and I dont think they will get it under Wade.

Yeah it depends on the head coach. If the head coach is tough than Wade should be fine as DC. Then again he did a good job in San Diego as DC and that was with a softy as a HC. I kind of think he will do a good job down there.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

As a Cowboy hater, Jasoon Garrett scares me -

He may be good enough to overcome JJ's blundersome meldlings.....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Calling major BS on that one. You are telling me that Dallas talk radio and news couldn't care less but in TYLER Sean Payton buying a house in the suburbs over here is the talk of the town?? ...Please. I listen to The Ticket and ESPN Radio my entire day while I'm out in the field for my job and you know where I heard about Payton moving here?? ON THIS BOARD!!
    I call BS that there wasn't any talk on Dallas Cowgirl radio or TV about it. And yes it made the local TV news and newspaper as well. Do you think East Texans aren't as big of cowgirl fans as those in the DFW area? BTW, I'm the one that posted on here on the 12th that his moving was a non-issue.

Here's just one of them that Danny Elzner reported word for word from the AP that night if I recall.

By Danny Elzner - KETK Sports Director
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 - 4:49pm
    http://www.ketknbc.com/news/sean-payton-moving-to-texas
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 02-14-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Yeah it depends on the head coach. If the head coach is tough than Wade should be fine as DC. Then again he did a good job in San Diego as DC and that was with a softy as a HC. I kind of think he will do a good job down there.
    Well, the Texans have Kubiak, so he is an offensive guy and not very tough. However, Wade has a track record of getting bad D's to play decent, so there might be some hope.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the Texans have Kubiak, so he is an offensive guy and not very tough. However, Wade has a track record of getting bad D's to play decent, so there might be some hope.
    I hope so as I cheer for the Texans!

I didn't know that. Did you ever cheer for the Oilers? I wonder if there are any Oiler fans that became Titans fans and stayed Titans fans even after the Texans came into being. Probably most of them were too pissed at them to keep cheering for them. I was never an Oiler fan but I did love watching Earl Campbell when I was a kid. Warren Moon was exciting as well.

For a while I thought Slaton was going to be a fantastic back in this league. I think Foster is the real deal though. You guys should be set on offense. Like you said if they even get average on defense you will be playoff bound. Go above average and you can start contending. Will be interesting to see how the Texans approach the draft and offseason this year.

I didn't know that. Did you ever cheer for the Oilers? I wonder if there are any Oiler fans that became Titans fans and stayed Titans fans even after the Texans came into being. Probably most of them were too pissed at them to keep cheering for them. I was never an Oiler fan but I did love watching Earl Campbell when I was a kid. Warren Moon was exciting as well.
    I was a Huge Oiler's fan as I moved to Houston in 1977 after graduating from Tech. Those were great years as Love Ya Blue support was well deserved and really fun. Of course Bud Adams, being the arse that he is, ruined the whole thing for Houston and Texas in general. I am a big Houston Astro fan as well. We used to park for $1, buy $2 tickets in the upper section, drink $1 Dome Fome and nachos. The whole night might cost my wife and I $10 max during those playoff years!

+ Reply to Thread