+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Protestors visit Tech

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Re: Protestors visit Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    He kind of reminds me of TylerTechsas.
    LOL. No way Tyler talks that long without mentioning Obama or Clinton.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    God knows you have to watch out for "Jesus Freak" and all those other bad songs. Can't tell you how many times a Harry Potter movie has made me want to kill someone with my magic wand. You know everyone who has eaten King Cake is going to hell. Lafayette wasn't even affected that bad by Katrina. All I can say about the last one is "those pesky catholics".
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA Lafayette! That really got me!

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

These guys are speaking the truth though. The whole point of Jesus' death was because we are all sinners. These kids just aren't at the point in their life where they are willing to accept that. Their intention was to share the good news of salvation to all sinners, but the kids couldn't get past being called sinners. The signs are provocative, but they probably wouldn't draw much of a crowd without them.

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    These guys are speaking the truth though. The whole point of Jesus' death was because we are all sinners. These kids just aren't at the point in their life where they are willing to accept that. Their intention was to share the good news of salvation to all sinners, but the kids couldn't get past being called sinners. The signs are provocative, but they probably wouldn't draw much of a crowd without them.
    The only truth here is those people were seriously disturbed.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Well...as for the long-hair, maggot-infested hippies that were there shouting back at the preacher: if you do NOT believe what the man is saying is the truth, then IGNORE it. Simple. But, they can't ignore it, because they KNOW he speaks the truth. It's like our resident moronic atheist guiss always has to comment. Why? If you truly believe you are right then you should be secure in that knowledge. But ya ain't!

Nope! deep down in their lost souls, in their hearts, the loss KNOW they are lost. And rebel when someone calls attention to it.

It's like a fat person. If those around them say: hey! you ain't fat. You are okay. Then that fat person starts to believe, become misguidely secure. But! when people speak the truth: hey! you need to lose weight, it's not healthy. The fat person gets upset, says something back like: mind your own business. They become very defensive.

You see that in this video. The scumbags shouting back are only doing that because they know the preacher is speaking the truth. The sinners are really saying, by their actions: I know I am a dreadful sinner, just stop reminding me of that fact.

We are all sinners.

I am not perfect.....just forgiven.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Well...as for the long-hair, maggot-infested hippies that were there shouting back at the preacher: if you do NOT believe what the man is saying is the truth, then IGNORE it. Simple. But, they can't ignore it, because they KNOW he speaks the truth. It's like our resident moronic atheist guiss always has to comment. Why? If you truly believe you are right then you should be secure in that knowledge. But ya ain't!
    But you are commenting because you are secure in your knowledge, right?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Nope! deep down in their lost souls, in their hearts, the loss KNOW they are lost. And rebel when someone calls attention to it.

It's like a fat person. If those around them say: hey! you ain't fat. You are okay. Then that fat person starts to believe, become misguidely secure. But! when people speak the truth: hey! you need to lose weight, it's not healthy. The fat person gets upset, says something back like: mind your own business. They become very defensive.

You see that in this video. The scumbags shouting back are only doing that because they know the preacher is speaking the truth. The sinners are really saying, by their actions: I know I am a dreadful sinner, just stop reminding me of that fact.

We are all sinners.

I am not perfect.....just forgiven.
    There is something to be said for having some tact though. Have you ever won anyone to Christ by insulting them into acceptance? I know I haven't.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    Among the website's statements/issues are:
    1. An "expose" on the dangers of Christian Rock

I could probably agree with this cause. I have yet to hear a Christian Rock song that is any good. And Creed singlehandedly made the radio unlistenable in the late 90s early 00s.
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    There is something to be said for having some tact though. Have you ever won anyone to Christ by insulting them into acceptance? I know I haven't.
    The first basic step to becoming a christian is the understanding that you have fallen short of the glory of God and need forgiveness. (that's how it's said in church). These guys weren't that tact, as you say. Instead of "falling short of the glory of God" or the generic "sinner", they got specific... drunk, lying, whores, thieves, perverts... All true... but it's shocking to be called that. The good news they were trying to share is that God forgives and that's the whole mission/purpose of Jesus.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

The first basic step to becoming a christian is the understanding that you have fallen short of the glory of God and need forgiveness. (that's how it's said in church). These guys weren't that tact, as you say. Instead of "falling short of the glory of God" or the generic "sinner", they got specific... drunk, lying, whores, thieves, perverts... All true... but it's shocking to be called that. The good news they were trying to share is that God forgives and that's the whole mission/purpose of Jesus.
    Yes, Jesus forgives and living your life as an example to others is how we show our Christianity. Remember about throwing the first stone? Or being judgmental of others? That seems to have just been lost somewhere with some. True Christians that I know don't go around calling others names, they go about their lives and take opportunities to tell others about Christ - mostly by actions, though. People like these above are WAY off base. And, yes, everyone is a sinner, but not every girl is a whore. He was just picking sins and calling others names. Pretty ridiculous and he has a LOT to learn about being a real Christian. He probably turns WAY more people away from Christianity than towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Yes, Jesus forgives and living your life as an example to others is how we show our Christianity. Remember about throwing the first stone? Or being judgmental of others? That seems to have just been lost somewhere with some. True Christians that I know don't go around calling others names, they go about their lives and take opportunities to tell others about Christ - mostly by actions, though. People like these above are WAY off base. And, yes, everyone is a sinner, but not every girl is a whore. He was just picking sins and calling others names. Pretty ridiculous and he has a LOT to learn about being a real Christian. He probably turns WAY more people away from Christianity than towards it.
    Good post. Also, "don't worry about the splinter in your friends eye, when you have a log in your own eye" applies here.

But I believe their intentions are pure, they probably should just put a little more peace, love, and forgiveness earlier in their presentation. I think they are just trying to draw a big crowd and they have to be provacative to do that.

They look like a bunch of hillbillies that were brought into town in the back of a goat truck.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Good post. Also, "don't worry about the splinter in your friends eye, when you have a log in your own eye" applies here.

But I believe their intentions are pure, they probably should just put a little more peace, love, and forgiveness earlier in their presentation. I think they are just trying to draw a big crowd and they have to be provacative to do that.
    These guys that do this are not actually trying to "preach the gospel" or try to actually do any good. They are there for attention and to fire people up to the point that, hopefully, someone will assault them; in which case they could sue the attacker and win some money.

Big Dog westdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the roughwestdawg is a jewel in the rough

I hope that Christians here are not defending the approach that was taken by these lunatics. I am not convinced that these people are truly Christians. The most basic element of Christianity is love. Jesus tells us this. First love God, and then to love our neighbor as ourselves.

This is not love. Some may argue that they preach out of love, but I disagree. If they surely loved the lost souls they were targeting, then they would try to first befriend these people. How are you going to win souls for Christ by calling them names. How is someone who is walking by going to start listening to someone who starts condemning them without even knowing them.

These type of people claim to be radicals in the interpretation of the bible. I believe the bible. I believe every single word in it was put to paper because God intended it to be written, and to be written in the exact way that it is written. But I don't think they are paying attention to the whole bible. They are not paying attention to the parts like the Gospels. As Christians, we are to use Jesus as our perfect example of how to be Christians. This means how to live, pray, act, and even preach. When did Jesus win people to God by calling them names. If anyone ever had the means to do this, it was Jesus. He even knew the thoughts of men, but did not just go crazy on people telling them they were whores.

The only time I see this as being somewhat OK is in a church setting at a Revival maybe. There, you have people who are willing to come listen, to be convicted. Most likely, any lost person that is there has already formed a relationship with a Christian who has already shown love to this person and planted the seed. But it is NEVER OK to point out an individual and call them names. They do not know these people, and I highly doubt they have the same gift as Jesus.

Sorry for the rant, but this is not Christianity these people are preaching. They may be preaching a lot of truth but there is also some evil mixed in with it. You will know them by their fruit. I would like to see their fruit.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    These guys that do this are not actually trying to "preach the gospel" or try to actually do any good. They are there for attention and to fire people up to the point that, hopefully, someone will assault them; in which case they could sue the attacker and win some money.
    I was there at Tech when Brother Jim was on campus. You are totally correct.

I want people to be Tech fans but I'm not gonna go to Walmart and shout out at people for being band wagoner Tiger fans, masturbators, drinkers of the purple and puke, etc.

+ Reply to Thread