+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracketology

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Bracketology

Quote Originally Posted by RXDAWG View Post
    Wasn't there a year where we were ranked in the top 25 and got a 12 seed? I'm not making that up in my sick fever-induced state am I?
    Yes, you are remembering correctly. I can remember being #4 in the country and getting a 3 or 4 seed too. They don't go off the rankings. They state they use a combination of things, but rpi is their biggest tool. They adjust from there, it seems. So, the year that you are talking about, we probably had a low rpi.

Big Dog Kiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her game

They really have their heads up their butts if they weigh this stupid RPI system so heavily. I'm still on tilt from learning we actually *drop* in rankings if we sweep the rest of conference play.

I'm surprised no one has referred to Sagarin ratings yet (or if they did I missed it, sorry).

http://www.rpiratings.com/womrate.htm

Varsity Bulldog TrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her game

Updates to the ESPN Bracketology have Tech as a #11 seed playing #6 seed WV. The other 1st round game in Shreveport would be #3 Miami/#14 Liberty.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...l/bracketology

Quite a bit can and will happen until the brackets are set, but it is always interesting to see how they evolve in the final weeks.
    Last edited by TrueBlue; 02-17-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Varsity Bulldog TrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her gameTrueBlue is on top of his/her game

Good article about placement into the tournament in relation to seeding and location.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/column...lie&id=6122381

Not that it really means anything, but the latest mid-major poll is out with us ranked #7. Feel like I'm salivating over anything Lady Techsters in the national media.

http://espn.go.com/ncw/blog/_/name/h...s-phoenix-no-2

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
    Updates to the ESPN Bracketology have Tech as a #11 seed playing #6 seed WV. The other 1st round game in Shreveport would be #3 Miami/#14 Liberty.

Quite a bit can and will happen until the brackets are set, but it is always interesting to see how they evolve in the final weeks.
    I, actually, like the thought of playing those teams. An 11 wouldn't be so bad against them.

On the other poll, there is no such thing as a mid-major.....

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I, actually, like the thought of playing those teams. An 11 wouldn't be so bad against them.
    I do too. Seeding is very tricky. Go too high or low and end up playing #1 or #2 in the 2nd round. Hit it just right and you have a fighting chance with a #3 or #4, and with an upset make the Sweet Sixteen.

IMO, we are no where close to having a NC team, but we are strong enough that I think we could make a little noise, and benefit greatly with at least a S16 appearance.

Seeding will determine our fate.

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    I do too. Seeding is very tricky. Go too high or low and end up playing #1 or #2 in the 2nd round. Hit it just right and you have a fighting chance with a #3 or #4, and with an upset make the Sweet Sixteen.

IMO, we are no where close to having a NC team, but we are strong enough that I think we could make a little noise, and benefit greatly with at least a S16 appearance.

Seeding will determine our fate.
    Even getting one win would make me so happy. That would mean we are making progress and can build on that momentum. I do think there are a lot of teams that will get a 3 through 7 seed that we can beat, though.

Big Dog Kiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I do think there are a lot of teams that will get a 3 through 7 seed that we can beat, though.
    Especially with HCA ...

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    No way they leave a top 40 RPI team sitting at home while they host a subregional.
    I have a Tech bar hat that says if we do not win the tournament we sit at him.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    I have a Tech bar hat that says if we do not win the tournament we sit at him.
    If we sweep the WAC regular season, you got a deal... but hopefully we won't have to find out.

New bracket has us playing #6 Iowa as an #11 seed. If we win out will we get the #6 seed?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue View Post
    New bracket has us playing #6 Iowa as an #11 seed. If we win out will we get the #6 seed?

Nope. I think a 10 seed is the highest we can get.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

If we win out, an 8 to a 10 is in the realm of likelihood.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Assuming that the 4 #1 seeds come from this group (Baylor, UConn, Tennessee, Stanford, Duke), it would be impossible for us to be an 8 or 9 seed because they are all first/second round hosts.
    Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    If we win out, an 8 to a 10 is in the realm of likelihood.
    Can't get an 8 or 9 seed. See above explanation.

+ Reply to Thread