+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TCU - Wisconsin

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

TCU - Wisconsin

I hadn't heard about the rematch impossibility until I read what the over achievers had to say in TNS yesterday. Of course the BCS homers thought that TCU was the bad guy in this situation since the wouldn't give Wisconsin another shot.

I didn't really need to look the story up to find the truth, but found this...

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/02...a-do-over.html

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: TCU - Wisconsin

TCU would have taken it if they would return the trip but they weren't going to Madison for a one and done. And I agree with them for that.

On the flip side you can't blame Wisconsin for trying.

I haven't paid attention to Boise's future schedules, I wonder who he was talking about them playing?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    TCU would have taken it if they would return the trip but they weren't going to Madison for a one and done. And I agree with them for that.

On the flip side you can't blame Wisconsin for trying.

I haven't paid attention to Boise's future schedules, I wonder who he was talking about them playing?

That was a shot at the relocating of the TCU-Boise game next season. When Boise joined the MWC, they were straight up replacing Utah so they took Utah's conference schedule which meant a trip to Fort Worth. Then things changed. TCU announced that they were leaving for the BE, BYU went indy, and the MWC added all those other WAC teams for 2012.

So the MWC has to go back to the drawing board to some extent on next season's schedule. And as it turns out, because of the stupid BCS way of accounting, next season's rankings count towards the MWC for Boise and the Big East for TCU in future AQ calculations. So guess which way the MWC is going to lean?

They moved the game to Idaho.

So TCU is upset about it, because that will be the big game for both teams.

I don't blame the MWC a bit. It sucks for TCU, but (just like their decision to leave the MWC for greener pastures) it's just business. The MWC has to look out for their's, just like TCU needs to look out for TCU.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope we work our way into the same boat as TCU and Boise. We may have to take our lumps for several more seasons, but hopefully before long the money games will be in our rear view rather than in front.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    And as it turns out, because of the stupid BCS way of accounting, next season's rankings count towards the MWC for Boise and the Big East for TCU in future AQ calculations.
    Both Boise State and TCU count toward the MWC for the 2008-2011 evaluation period. TCU doesn't count for the Big East until the 2010-2013 evaluation period.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    Both Boise State and TCU count toward the MWC for the 2008-2011 evaluation period. TCU doesn't count for the Big East until the 2010-2013 evaluation period.

It was my impression from reading about this stuff that a Boise win next season helps the MWC more than a TCU win. Is that not the case?

+ Reply to Thread