+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ULM Concert

Big Dog Sw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to allSw is a name known to all Sw's Avatar

ULM Concert

I just heard that ULM will be having a concert with Sarah Evans and Josh Turner! Apparently some university can manage to get some pretty big performers to come to north La. I'm sure there is a lot more to it,but I really wish Tech could pull off a good concert.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: ULM Concert

Quote Originally Posted by Sw View Post
    I just heard that ULM will be having a concert with Sarah Evans and Josh Turner! Apparently some university can manage to get some pretty big performers to come to north La. I'm sure there is a lot more to it,but I really wish Tech could pull off a good concert.
    Who are Evans and Turner? Never heard of 'em...

Now, back in my day, Tech had the Spinners, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Harry Chapin, Leroux, Ohio Players, Little River Band, Hall & Oates, etc...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I hear that Tech is getting this bunch for a halftime show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaI2I...=TLdkEs-s3hhYc

:icon_wink:

Bulldog NB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her gameNB is on top of his/her game

Past Union Board (Tech) Concerts

Eric Church
    Better Than Ezra
    Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
    Seether
    Chevelle
    Nickelback
    Alien Ant Farm
    Goo Goo Dolls

I would love to list others but the Union Board website is down right now. Bringing concerts to Louisiana Tech is VERY expensive and since Union Board provides some sort of entertainment every week of the quarter, they can't drop as much on one concert like ULM does.

Union Board does a GREAT job keeping the students entertained. Fall Fling, Spring Release, Laser Tag, Christmas in the Plaza, and recently Movie Nights at the Joe have been HUGE hits with the students.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Wallflowers
    Sister Hazel
    and I think Three Doors Down

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

Maybe we could call in a favor with Trace or Kix to come put on a show raising money for the Q4E.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

..and from the stone age:

Ray Charles
    Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels
    Brenda Lee
    Sam & Dave
    Fifth Dimension
    Jay & the Americans
    The Box Tops

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I saw Run DMC in 97 I think.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Well they did increase student fees form $7.50 a semester to $25. They spent $80,000 for Ludacris last year.

Big artists/acts are demanding more money.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    ..and from the stone age:

Ray Charles
    Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels
    Brenda Lee
    Sam & Dave
    Fifth Dimension
    Jay & the Americans
    The Box Tops
    How about the Lettermen (I know, who's that?! to you young ones) in Memorial Gym. They're "stone age" as well.

Varsity Bulldog bdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nice

I don't think Tech will even have a concert this year, at least that what I have been told.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bdawg34 View Post
    I don't think Tech will even have a concert this year, at least that what I have been told.
    Is the Union Board still charging a quarterly fee? If so, what is that money being used for?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

How much is collected is what I want to know?

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

I've heard of Sara Evans never heard of Josh Turner. I wouldnt exactly call them "Big Time".

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I've heard of Sara Evans never heard of Josh Turner. I wouldnt exactly call them "Big Time".
    I would call him big-time, maybe not in a genre you listen to, but still big-time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Tu...nd_nominations

http://joshturner.com/index.htm?inc=5&news_id=18977

+ Reply to Thread