+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ULM Concert

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: ULM Concert

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    No one would show up for the usual college radio type indy bands. For whatever reason, Tech students don't follow them. These are country boy engineers and women from Shreveport and Monroe. This isn't a liberal arts school.
    This.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Freebird!!!!
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    No one would show up for the usual college radio type indy bands. For whatever reason, Tech students don't follow them. These are country boy engineers and women from Shreveport and Monroe. This isn't a liberal arts school.
    Well, just schedule Creed and call it a day then. I don't remember the students being this lame when I was in school (although the Union Board definitely was). Maybe things have changed.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    we are working on something to take its place that should please everyone.
    An impossible task.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Website and facebook page need updating.
    Both have been updated, check out the new page: www.unionboard.com also check it out if you'd like to find out more about what's going to go on at the Show At The Joe Spring Fling! Having a concert in the stadium could be reminiscent for you older folk :icon_wink:

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Bryan Adams, The Gap Band, and those Cammo Daisy Dukes...errrr, I mean Sheena Easton!

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Why is it Tech and Rabbs can't schedule events on different nights. The UB must have no one who likes Texas Country or at least realizes that other college students do, and that its Cinco de Mayo which happens to be one of the bigger nights of the local bars.

Thursday at Rabbs Cody Canada and the Departed (new project that features 2 of the members of Cross Canadian Ragweed) and The Randy Rogers Band will be at Rabbs. This will take away some numbers of people who would gladly go to both events if they didn't have to choose which to go to.

Just like 2 years ago when they brought Seether in and there was also a Rabbs concert that night. There aren't enough entertainment options in Ruston throughout the year to schedule two on the same night IMO.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kw2292 View Post
    Why is it Tech and Rabbs can't schedule events on different nights. The UB must have no one who likes Texas Country or at least realizes that other college students do, and that its Cinco de Mayo which happens to be one of the bigger nights of the local bars.

Thursday at Rabbs Cody Canada and the Departed (new project that features 2 of the members of Cross Canadian Ragweed) and The Randy Rogers Band will be at Rabbs. This will take away some numbers of people who would gladly go to both events if they didn't have to choose which to go to.

Just like 2 years ago when they brought Seether in and there was also a Rabbs concert that night. There aren't enough entertainment options in Ruston throughout the year to schedule two on the same night IMO.
    Union Board Event dates are planned out and scheduled months ahead of time, we have no control over whether local bars decide to have events scheduled the same day. It has nothing to do whether Union Board has members that like Texas Country or not; it is Cinco De Mayo and it falls on a Thursday meaning many events are going to be scheduled that day to appeal to the college crowd. We understand it is a big night for local bars, but we cannot simply reschedule an event that took months ahead in planning and organizing simply because a local bar has an event on the same night catered to fans of a certain type of music.

I'm sorry to the people that wish they could attend both, I understand its hard decision to make, but if they look at our event I hope they realize it is much more than just a concert! This is a combination of Spring Fling AND a concert in the stadium. Just for spring fling, we'll have thousands of pounds of crawfish, along with free jambalaya, funnel cakes, sno-balls, and an assortment of drinks...all free with the purchase of a ticket! We have experiences like a Human Ejection Seat, bull riding, a rock wall....all included for free with the purchase of a ticket! We'll have vendors and a DJ out there to keep you entertained until its concert time! And the Benjy Davis Project concert is in Joe Aillet Stadium! This is the first time students will ever attend a concert in the stadium! The jumbotron will be included into the concert showing live shots from the crowd to the band...basically what's seen at most music festivals. And to top it off at the end of the night after Benjy Davis Project is done playing, a fireworks show will conclude the event! That is all for ONE ticket price!

Now, I may just be very biased being a member of Union Board already, but a decision between all of what I just described versus a show at Rabb's where you'd have to pay for cover and drinks while being crowded into an outdoor deck watching a band play that will probably swing around again in another tour seems like a no-brainer to me. I'd choose the Union Board event and I hope you do too.

We hope to have a large crowd show up. The more support for this type of event, the more chance of us staging the event again but bigger and better! And by bigger and better I mean better rides, food, and bigger artists! But we have to see support from the public first!

We encourage everyone to come to the event. We even encourage tailgating for any group or organization that would like to tailgate for this event! With an all day pass, you have In and Out privileges all event-long! Parents could make this into a family event! Students of all ages are encouraged to attend the event! All of it put on by Union Board - Louisiana Tech's on-campus entertainment organization!

Varsity Bulldog osl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeosl530 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time osl530's Avatar

[quote=kw2292;1074720]Just like 2 years ago when they brought Seether in and there was also a Rabbs concert that night. quote]

there wasn't a concert at rabb's the night Seether came. i know because i drove them to Rabb's to drink after the concert before they hit the road, and some frat had rented it out. and they bought me a shot...perks of bein on union board...be jealous

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Both have been updated, check out the new page: www.unionboard.com also check it out if you'd like to find out more about what's going to go on at the Show At The Joe Spring Fling! Having a concert in the stadium could be reminiscent for you older folk :icon_wink:

I guess you are trying to run people off so they don't eat too much crawfish.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Just curious, why is this posted on the 'ULM concert' thread? Don't you think it should have it's own thread if you want people to see it?

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Just curious, why is this posted on the 'ULM concert' thread? Don't you think it should have it's own thread if you want people to see it?
    It does http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88963

I posted it here also because I remember people on the thread concerned about Tech concerts and if we'd have one. I would have much rather talked about it on the other thread but people only replied on this one.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

It does http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88963

I posted it here also because I remember people on the thread concerned about Tech concerts and if we'd have one. I would have much rather talked about it on the other thread but people only replied on this one.
    Roger that. Didn't notice the other thread. Carry on...

+ Reply to Thread