+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 198 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2956

Thread: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Re: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Actually they closed Tolliver completely for maybe a year 1966-1967 before reopening it for the sandwiches, etc. about the time you were there. Wilson was right across Tech Drive from the men's dorms so it wasn't a trek for us. (Classes were a different matter)
    Ok, thanks. I thought i didn't remember eating downstairs. And, yeah, y'all were lucky, depending on what you thought of the food in Wilson, as it was a very long haul for us from Kidd or any girls' dorm besides South Hall.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    Ok, thanks. I thought i didn't remember eating downstairs. And, yeah, y'all were lucky, depending on what you thought of the food in Wilson, as it was a very long haul for us from Kidd or any girls' dorm besides South Hall.
    Was Adams Hall cafeteria open when you were there? When I started in fall 1965 we had Upper Tolliver (main dining) Lower Tolliver, Adams and a serving line in the student center where day students (non dorm) could buy about the same lunch as at Tolliver. It seems like there was even a lower level in Tolliver where the "training table" was for student athletes could eat during their season. The food was generally decent as the cafeterias were run by Morrison's. It just got boring day after day meal after meal.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

No Adams Cafeteria when i was there. Just had PE in the old women's gym in that same area. There was a cafeteria with really good food in the student center where mostly faculty ate, and probably some students. I assume that's the one you're talking about. I think the football players had their steaks in the lower, mysterious part of wilson seems like, but it might have been tolliver. I do remember when you could use your meal ticket at the grill in the student either friday or sunday night and get a delicious ribeye meal--or we thought it was good and a treat at the time anyway.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

according to the Ouachita Citizen, West Monroe is getting a Golden Corral

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

It's only been in the works for two years. Good for us. I think.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    according to the Ouachita Citizen, West Monroe is getting a Golden Corral
    I need a bucket.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Go, GOLDEN TROUGH !!!!!

Lardarse Heaven !!!!!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I was there in the middle to late 60s and we referred to the Student Center as the Tonk. I ate in Lower Tollver my freshman year and never heard it referred to as the Tonk.
    No, mostly in the 70s it was called Ptomaine Tolliver.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    No, mostly in the 70s it was called Ptomaine Tolliver.
    Oh yes. Same for the 60s. And remember "Please flush twice. It's a long way to Tolliver".

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Sometime during 1971-75, lower Tolliver was turned into a coffee shop type setting with acts that performed there. I remember Martin Mull performed his routine one night. It was open all night during finals with free coffee and snacks.
    The Coffeehouse was cool! It had a great atmosphere, down in the damp basement. Felt like a getaway place, a place to relax. Had some great acts over the years.

Later, around 1980, they moved The Coffeehouse to a place in the Tonk. It didn't work. Lost that intimate atmosphere.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Ah, yes, Toliver. Used to leave our books and stuff in the back and go through a serving line. One day some s.o.b. stole my slide rule (I know most of you have no clue what this is) while I was eating. NBD, except it had sentimental value, as it was the same one my dad used during his time at LA Tech.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Ah, yes, Toliver. Used to leave our books and stuff in the back and go through a serving line. One day some s.o.b. stole my slide rule (I know most of you have no clue what this is) while I was eating. NBD, except it had sentimental value, as it was the same one my dad used during his time at LA Tech.
    When you took an umbrella into Toliver, you parked it in the foyer, went in and ate, and when you came out, your umbrella was always missing, so you stole someone else's! I guess the last one to finish eating had to go out in the rain umbrella-less!!

Someone stole my slide rule at Wilson. It was in pretty bad shape. At least one screw missing and a piece of paper inserted to keep the index line perpendicular. A very good friend had an extra that he just gave me. I don't remember having an umbrella stolen nor books for that matter. Why would any one want a Physical Chemistry or Unit Ops book I guess you could sell them "back to the bookstore" at the end of term.

Bulldog LT2 is an unknown

Flying Burger signs are up. Building sure looks good!!

Puppy ErgoDawg is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by LT2 View Post
    Flying Burger signs are up. Building sure looks good!!
    Hi, all! Long-time lurker, first time poster.

I tried the search function to see if any previous posts mentioned when Flying Burger would open, but the search didn't turn up anything in this thread.

Does anyone know when they plan to open? I think I remember someone a while back saying May, but I bet there's a better estimate out there now. And, while I'm at it, anyone know when the new Chick-Fil-A will open? I'm hoping some time in the fall, based on how far along they seem to be with construction.

+ Reply to Thread