+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2940

Thread: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I believe that trend is turning back some. Ruston, for the most part, has held together well with their organization. Same in Monroe/West Monroe despite having some of the elite players pulled away to travel ball. As you know "Tournament Teams" are now developed out of local leagues and the cost is MUCH less than travel ball. The fields at nlulm have never lacked for play. I believe a few more fields in Ruston and Sterlington will find plenty of play as well.

As nice as the Sulphur complex is, I have no desire to go down to that part of the state and spend money.
    Yes, thus, more and more "travel" teams are staying in their own beds. Restaurants will benefit . . .

We traveled every other weekend from March to June for 6 years. The tourneys in northern La. were a blessing.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Yes, thus, more and more "travel" teams are staying in their own beds. Restaurants will benefit . . .

We traveled every other weekend from March to June for 6 years. The tourneys in northern La. were a blessing.
    Even with a limited population along the I-20 corridor I think the new parks do fine. Hotels many not stay booked from baseball, but from what I hear and see hotels in Ruston and Ouachita Parish are almost 100% occupied now.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Even with a limited population along the I-20 corridor I think the new parks do fine. Hotels many not stay booked from baseball, but from what I hear and see hotels in Ruston and Ouachita Parish are almost 100% occupied now.
    Yes, their occupancy is phenomenal. . . year-round. WM's Thomas Road has become the stopping point for many traveling from Atlanta to the west and Texas to the east. I'm sure that's why Golden Corral decided to put down an anchor at that interstate exit. (that and travel ball teams! )
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Golden Corral is private (same folks who own Fleet Feet), but Cracker Barrel is a good stock.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I believe that trend is turning back some. Ruston, for the most part, has held together well with their organization. Same in Monroe/West Monroe despite having some of the elite players pulled away to travel ball. As you know "Tournament Teams" are now developed out of local leagues and the cost is MUCH less than travel ball. The fields at nlulm have never lacked for play. I believe a few more fields in Ruston and Sterlington will find plenty of play as well.

As nice as the Sulphur complex is, I have no desire to go down to that part of the state and spend money.
    What's the difference between travel ball and tournament teams?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    It's based on how loudly the parents swear at the umps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Local leagues (Monroe was the first around here) began getting their all star teams together and putting them in tournaments to season them for the all stars. Monroe's guys began playing together at age 11 (maybe earlier). They always had an A Team and a B Team. We tried to copy is somewhat in WM, but mixed the guys up on two teams. By the time we started doing it in WM, Dixie Youth was having weekend open tournaments in places like Shreveport, Bossier, Minden, WM, and other easy drive to places. We called them tournament teams, but sometimes some of the travel teams also played in the Dixie Open Tournaments. It was fun and inexpensive. It was also a great tune up for all stars.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

went to the tourney in Jonesboro last night, those are some NICE fields. Think the ones in Ruston will be turf from the plate to the outfield fence. It'll benefit local teams yes, but I think it'll be a draw for those outside also. think they'll work well for slow pitch softball tourneys if laid out like I saw last night. Peach fest used to have one of the biggest softball tourneys around, until it got run into the ground by someone that was in charge. hey, many of the teams may sleep in their own beds that night, but I bet you they don't eat out of their own fridge during the day

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Oh, and to your other question, about the staff... well, some of us question the quality of a lot of the city/parish staff. I suppose these folks remain in their positions because no one else will hire 'em.
    Last night Mayor Lee Posey drew a big laugh from a packed house at a public forum when he said the City of Natchitoches is blessed with top-notch employees.

I like Lee Posey, and think he's doing a good job overall as mayor. But, he's learning some valuable lessons in politics.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Looks like more good news for Ruston:

The National Council for Home Safety and Security released their list of Louisiana's Safest Cities for 2017, & Ruston is the safest college town in the state!

https://www.facebook.com/LATech/phot...type=3&theater

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Looks like more good news for Ruston:

The National Council for Home Safety and Security released their list of Louisiana's Safest Cities for 2017, & Ruston is the safest college town in the state!

https://www.facebook.com/LATech/phot...type=3&theater
    That's from March HD.

I've had 4 children over there so far and only had one vehicle break in and one home burglary, so I reckon it's a safe place if you figure the odds.

Seriously, there are thugs and drug heads in every city and every neighborhood. Ruston certainly has its share, but it is still a great city.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Any idea what may go on the NE of 33 and Burgessville? Also, what is going in Floyd Park on Kentucky across from Terzia'a and Sexton's office?

Puppy TigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeTigersBulldogs Ultimate jerk and not worth your time TigersBulldogs's Avatar

Will the new Tarbutton brige be a 5 lane bridge like Hwy 33 Bridge?

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TigersBulldogs View Post
    Will the new Tarbutton brige be a 5 lane bridge like Hwy 33 Bridge?
    4 lanes

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    4 lanes
    TigersBulldogs is not impressed.

+ Reply to Thread