+ Reply to Thread
Page 187 of 196 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 2940

Thread: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

Re: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    Why does Ruston need a new hospital? Is something wrong with the current location?
    Have you ever been inside Lincoln General/NLMC? It's past due, the Hospital is very dated. If you don't know the Hospital well it's very easy to get lost in it. Not user friendly at all. It's a very old hospital building that's had newer buildings built around it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Just wondering, who is the concessionaire for the sports complex and how was that contract awarded?
    I have no idea, but if one vendor has the contract there is some SERIOUS money changing hands. If it's Aramark it is a cluster.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Where is the new hospital going? I doubt there's enough available space downtown but I'd like to see more investment going to putting businesses and housing there.

On another thought, I think Tech building more housing on Tech Drive was short-sighted. It would have been more beneficial to Tech and Ruston to put that housing between downtown and campus. Students would be able to walk to local businesses and help support them. It would help make the Enterprise Campus/downtown area more lively and walkable as well. There is still a huge, ugly gap between campus and downtown.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Where is the new hospital going? I doubt there's enough available space downtown but I'd like to see more investment going to putting businesses and housing there.

On another thought, I think Tech building more housing on Tech Drive was short-sighted. It would have been more beneficial to Tech and Ruston to put that housing between downtown and campus. Students would be able to walk to local businesses and help support them. It would help make the Enterprise Campus/downtown area more lively and walkable as well. There is still a huge, ugly gap between campus and downtown.
    I think I remember reading in this thread that campus is theoretically going to expand to downtown. I assumed that meant "learning" buildings (=offices) and not housing.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I think I remember reading in this thread that campus is theoretically going to expand to downtown. I assumed that meant "learning" buildings (=offices) and not housing.
    Oh yeah that's the Enterprise Campus. At the current pace, it seems that they'll be connected in 20 years. My idea would help speed up the process while helping local businesses and make downtown and campus more walkable. By only having enterprise campus be the area between campus and downtown, there will be a dead zone created at night and that's when it's eventually completed. It's dead space in the day and night now.

Students in the housing across Tech Drive will drive to do anything on the weekend. If they lived closer to downtown, they could walk to bars and restaurants there or even to Dawghouse or Fraternity houses. It would help create more life downtown and for local businesses during the day and at night. If parking ever became a problem (it's not right now no matter what people say), then it would be easy to prohibit freshman from having cars; they could walk to anything they need.

The area across Tech drive really just doesn't work well as a housing area. Tech Drive is uncomfortable to walk across. Utilizing that area solely for intramurals makes more sense to me.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

the new hospital will be on the north side of the interstate near Celebrity Dr.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Why does Ruston need a new hospital? Is something wrong with the current location?
    Need is not the operative word. Ruston has trouble keeping doctors because all the private insurance patients go to Monroe, Shreveport, or even Minden. Conversations I have heard focus on better location north of I-20, new facility to attract more and better doctors, and try to keep actual paying patients in Ruston. My wife used to work there and easily 95% of who she saw in a week were no insurance or government insurance. Can’t survive on that. Can’t keep doctors who never get paid.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

the new hospital will be on the north side of the interstate near Celebrity Dr.
    That area of town is where the majority of Ruston's re$$idential growth is occurring, and bringing a brand new medical facility to that part of town should be a smart move, imo.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Are there any plans/hope for the current hospital or will it sit there like the really old one on 167? Or is it too early to be on anyone’s radar? Good for new hospital, but it’s a shame the new office building next door will be kept high and dry, or will it? Seems the doctors would want to move close to the new one. Whoever said the old one was not user friendly, I agree, as I always get lost, it’s a maze for sure.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

I see no replies to my last post and no posts after that at all on this thread for a good while. So, here’s your chance to answer another question. Hopefully someone will know the answer this time. What is going In the old Z Buffet, and what is going in Scott’s Seafood. Noticed construction started there this week.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    I see no replies to my last post and no posts after that at all on this thread for a good while. So, here’s your chance to answer another question. Hopefully someone will know the answer this time. What is going In the old Z Buffet, and what is going in Scott’s Seafood. Noticed construction started there this week.
    Ruston's ninth (I think) Mexican restaurant is going in Z Buffet. Just what we need, I was thinking we didn't have quite enough.

Not sure about Scott's Seafood, but if I were a betting man...I'd bet on Ruston's 10th Mexican restaurant.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Ruston's ninth (I think) Mexican restaurant is going in Z Buffet. Just what we need, I was thinking we didn't have quite enough.

Not sure about Scott's Seafood, but if I were a betting man...I'd bet on Ruston's 10th Mexican restaurant.
    i can go to a different mex restaurant each night of the week. thats AWESOME !!!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Breakfast at Log Cabin was awesome. I wish someone would open a breakfast all day place that is a step above Waffle House. Or another Italian place north of I-20. We don’t eat out much, but it would be nice to have choices outside of chicken strips and Mexican.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

A step above Waffle House?

No such thing.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Ha! Actually, for what they do, I like Waffle House just fine.

+ Reply to Thread