+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 196 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 2940

Thread: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Based on how I read the agreement - anything that opens within that "Buc-ee$ enterprise zone" will be given the same exemptions...
    from Malcolm's article today
    The additional businesses that ultimately are built within the 82-acre footprint will not benefit from the same sales tax breaks that Buc-ee’s will receive for its first two decades.
    Not that any new business couldn't negotiate with the city, parish or school board.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    from Malcolm's article todayNot that any new business couldn't negotiate with the city, parish or school board.
    From the same article:

Walker said an economic development study would be done soon to better project the financial impact.
    “We have heard $10M a month in sales,” said Walker. “Then we heard $4M on the inside and $4M on the outside. So, we really don’t know. But it’s going to be huge for us.”

We don’t know, but it will be huge. 🤔

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Classic Ruston! Ever since Monster Moto came and Ruston guaranteed the rent payments if the bike company left, we have continued to see things done that will net no gains for the city. Biking/running trail that is nice, but no income. Ballpark that is nice, but will never earn anything. It takes a lot of really smart people to generate the business development that so many in this town enjoy. These people are brilliant. We as a city don’t seem to ask the really savvy people whether something is good for us.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Classic Ruston! Ever since Monster Moto came and Ruston guaranteed the rent payments if the bike company left, we have continued to see things done that will net no gains for the city. Biking/running trail that is nice, but no income. Ballpark that is nice, but will never earn anything. It takes a lot of really smart people to generate the business development that so many in this town enjoy. These people are brilliant. We as a city don’t seem to ask the really savvy people whether something is good for us.
    Any real numbers on the economic impact of Monster Moto or the complex? Both projects were going to be huge for Ruston. DQ right outside of complex entrance is temporarily closed for some reason, most likely not due to too much business.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I should be paying better attention on all that. UPS is leasing all or part of Monster Moto building, so the Grahams are happy and maybe Ruston isn’t having to cover as much or any of the rent. I’m not sure. The ballpark has had to borrow money from other line items since it opened to keep the lights on. Some less than optimistic people claimed the park would have to host a sizable tournament at least 30 weekends per year to come close to paying for itself. As far as I know, we have about a dozen tournaments in a year and Dixie and that’s it.

Edit: as far as impact from Monster Moto; I don’t know that they were open long enough to have any positive impact.

I should be paying better attention on all that. UPS is leasing all or part of Monster Moto building, so the Grahams are happy and maybe Ruston isn’t having to cover as much or any of the rent. I’m not sure. The ballpark has had to borrow money from other line items since it opened to keep the lights on. Some less than optimistic people claimed the park would have to host a sizable tournament at least 30 weekends per year to come close to paying for itself. As far as I know, we have about a dozen tournaments in a year and Dixie and that’s it.

Edit: as far as impact from Monster Moto; I don’t know that they were open long enough to have any positive impact.
    So is it safe to safe all the development that was going to come as a result of the complex isn’t going to happen? Bowling alley,lazy river, hotels?

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    So is it safe to safe all the development that was going to come as a result of the complex isn’t going to happen? Bowling alley,lazy river, hotels?
    Hotels almost surely not. They built a basketball gym. Bowling alley still pipe dream. Developer bought about 30 acres and thinks he is going to build a bunch of 1300-1500sf houses. I don’t see anything happening that far south of I-20 that accomplishes the dream they had.

The new building in front of Hobby Lobby,TJ Max hasn’t had a single tenant since it was built. Shopping center next to gas station on Farmerville Hwy is empty too. Quick trip is doing site work, Beaver is coming to town…..who is going to work all these retail jobs?

College students would be, except Guice has killed any chance we had of building Tech student pop.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    The new building in front of Hobby Lobby,TJ Max hasn’t had a single tenant since it was built. Shopping center next to gas station on Farmerville Hwy is empty too. Quick trip is doing site work, Beaver is coming to town…..who is going to work all these retail jobs?
    I doubt Buc-ees will struggle to find workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I doubt Buc-ees will struggle to find workers.
    You are right, probably get them from existing businesses in Ruston. Where will the existing businesses find replacement workers? People going to move to Ruston for a 16-17 dollar/hr job?

Log Cabin, arguably in the top 3 restaurants in Ruston for good tips strictly due to consistency of food and service can’t get anyone to work for them. Running at 2/3 staff I bet. Young people don’t want to work.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Log Cabin, arguably in the top 3 restaurants in Ruston for good tips strictly due to consistency of food and service can’t get anyone to work for them. Running at 2/3 staff I bet. Young people without purple hair, face piercings and multiple tats don’t want to work.
    Fixed it

I’m not picky about the physical appearance of my server. Tats and piercings don’t bother me. All the restaurants in town are having trouble getting people regardless.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I’m not picky about the physical appearance of my server. Tats and piercings don’t bother me. All the restaurants in town are having trouble getting people regardless.
    If the incentives to not work are greater than the incentives to work (and the gap is not filled by moral teaching on the value of work as work), people won't work. Simple.

+ Reply to Thread