+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 198 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Logan's Roadhouse Coming to DAWGTOWN

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Heard the West. Monroe Mohawk shut down. . . . Guess they never to the lighting dimmed right or could get the boxing gloves hanging from the ceiling just right like the original in Monroe.
    Ambiance makes all the difference. The food at both locations was EXACTLY the same, but the WM location just never quite had what it took. I went to WM as often as possible and hate that it did not make it. They hung on the longest among local eateries there. Locals just can't make it on the interstate strip.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Your loss. The Monroe store is so much better.
    aint that the truth. did always wonder if the walls once were white and that color is from all the smoke over the up'teen years its been open

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

went to the wm mohawk once right after it opened and the menu was entirely fried. Did they add to it? Because i thought i remembered the other one having plenty that was not fried.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    went to the wm mohawk once right after it opened and the menu was entirely fried. Did they add to it? Because i thought i remembered the other one having plenty that was not fried.
    Exact same menu.

Chou, I heard one time from an inspector that the Monroe Mowhawk was the cleanest restaurant in town. The nastiest restaurant was a place we used to have lunch at every Friday.:icon_wink:

Rule of thumb...if the bathroom is nasty, the kitchen is nasty.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Yeah their fries are good. Everybody here is ready for the in and out burger to open. I am not even going to try and get close to that place the first week or so. It is going to pay for itself in about 9 months.
    I really liked 5 Guys' fries, but thought the burger was pretty mediocre for what you pay. I've only eaten at In 'n Out once, but was very unimpressed.

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I have eaten there quite a few times. Probably approaching how many times I have eaten at the Monroe one. I thought both were pretty decent but neither blew my mind. The one in downtown is somehow a classic part of monroe though.
    I have never eaten at either Mohawk, but I do know that being a "classic" can carry a mediocre restaurant. In Savannah there is a chain of locally owned restaurants that is, on its best day, mediocre, yet it continues to thrive and even open new locations.

Champ DawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the roughDawgFight71 is a jewel in the rough

I think what killed the West Monroe one is that fact if you didn't know it was back there you would simply forget about it. Plus you can't replicate that old feel of the one in Monroe.

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFight71 View Post
    I think what killed the West Monroe one is that fact if you didn't know it was back there you would simply forget about it. Plus you can't replicate that old feel of the one in Monroe.
    Agree on both counts. Out of sight, out of mind.

Bulldog LT1 seems to have something between the earsLT1 seems to have something between the earsLT1 seems to have something between the earsLT1 seems to have something between the earsLT1 seems to have something between the earsLT1 seems to have something between the ears

Does anyone know if McAlister's has opened yet at Tech?

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone know what is going to be at the NE corner of Farmerville Highway and Burgessville Road north of Pinton's at the rediight? I've heard a "trailer park" or a drugstore.

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    Does anyone know what is going to be at the NE corner of Farmerville Highway and Burgessville Road north of Pinton's at the rediight? I've heard a "trailer park" or a drugstore.
    LOL I can assure you that it will not be a trailer park. Drugstore -- maybe. I could see that happening.

Do you really think Karl and the rest of the developers who are so heavily invested in that stretch would go for a trailer park? I sure wouldn't.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

No, I would hope they wouldn't let a trailer park go there, but crazy things happen sometimes. I did look to see where the city limits are, and that is inside, so surely they won't let them put a trailer park there. If it is one, surely it'll be very upscale, if there is such a thing (sorry to any of you who may live in one). All we need on that busy corner is 10 million residents coming and going all the time. If it's a drugstore, I'm sure Fred's will be pleased.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

I've been wondering the same. That piece of land it a lot larger than it looked before with the houses and trees. I'm glad all that is being built there, because it's only 2 minutes from my house.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it makes more sense that it is a drugstore, you have the new Texaco/Arby's about to launch on the sw corner, the FNB branch/Eskimoe's/ Fox's pizza and the "Malone Towne Center" on the nw corner...I'm thinkin' NO trailer park there.

Varsity Bulldog redman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really niceredman is just really nice

I heard CVS drugstore was a done deal.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pitcherjlt View Post
    LOL I can assure you that it will not be a trailer park. Drugstore -- maybe. I could see that happening.

Do you really think Karl and the rest of the developers who are so heavily invested in that stretch would go for a trailer park? I sure wouldn't.
    Might as well put a trailer park in Malone's place at the rate it's going. Will they ever get started on that place?

+ Reply to Thread