+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 196 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2940

Thread: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    PawDawg, are you talking about McAlister's on campus? Or is there another one.

And HD, Newk's in Ruston is already doing great--you should try it!
    I didn't know Ruston had a Newk's yet. Glad to hear it. Must be a recent addition. By the way, I do agree with PD about the Dawg House being nasty.

However, I will disagree with PD about McAlisters vs Newks. McAlister's is a MUCH better and higher class option. The Newks here in Franklin, TN is one of the nastiest restaurants I've ever seen. They can't keep that place clean.

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

We've had Newks for a couple years now, I don't remember exactly when it went up.

My experience with Newks, both in Bossier and Ruston, has been positive. The one where you are may just be poorly run. McAllister's sweet tea is superior though.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

My wife always wants a Newks soup and sandwich if I offer to bring something home to eat from Ruston...

To me it's just a sandwich

Last basketball season ended my visits to the Dawghouse, between the profane music, nasty bathrooms and horrible service I will choose to spend my $$$ elsewhere
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    Build it and they will come . . . . . .

Ruston to host 2019 Dixie World Series

http://www.myarklamiss.com/news/loca...ries/785112876
    Where is the new sports complex being built?
    Go Tech!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    My wife always wants a Newks soup and sandwich if I offer to bring something home to eat from Ruston...

To me it's just a sandwich

Last basketball season ended my visits to the Dawghouse, between the profane music, nasty bathrooms and horrible service I will choose to spend my $$$ elsewhere
    Depends on the sandwich in my opinion. I like the pizza and soup primarily. One thing that can't be denied are the huge portions.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Depends on the sandwich in my opinion. I like the pizza and soup primarily. One thing that can't be denied are the huge portions.
    Good pizza, good salad, and great sandwiches. They finally got wheat bread!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg View Post

Google Ruston, its west of old airport (south of Ruston).
    [IMG]http://media.graytvinc.com/images/690*388/baseball+complex.jpg[/IMG]

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg View Post
    same area, just north of where the RPAR field are now by old airport.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    Looks like one has to play a "white" sport to get anything in Ruston. Unless my eyes are worse than I thought, but I don't see any plans for a decent number of gymnasiums in which could be held aau basketball and volleyball tournaments as well as the leagues that compete with aau which are several.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

[They finally got wheat bread![/QUOTE]
    As opposed to corn bread or rye bread or oat meal bread.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

So are the fields east of RHS baseball field going away or being replaced/refurbished? Looks like everything but RHS' field is being terraformed.

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    So are the fields east of RHS baseball field going away or being replaced/refurbished? Looks like everything but RHS' field is being terraformed.
    says future rec, have no idea but I would imagine they would be redone at some point.

[QUOTE=Dirtydawg;1657236]Looks like one has to play a "white" sport to get anything in Ruston. Unless my eyes are worse than I thought, but I don't see any plans for a decent number of gymnasiums in which could be held aau basketball and volleyball tournaments as well as the leagues that compete with aau which are several.[/QUOTE

well, I'm looking at some soccer fields on the sketch and there used to be a HUGE volleyball tourney held at the intramural center. Been a while since i've known them to have it but there were a ton of teams for that. I'm thinking the bang for the buck is better in building fields vs building multiple gym facilities and the draw greater. Would think if you wanted to host a basketball tourney you could use the intramural center couldn't you? dunno.

Our family wont be getting any use out of the new rec area but I'm thrilled about it happening for the community. Its gonna screw up my dog training area though as the new softball fields will sit right on my "blind field". I think we need more retriever training areas.

[QUOTE=Choudawg86;1657315]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Looks like one has to play a "white" sport to get anything in Ruston. Unless my eyes are worse than I thought, but I don't see any plans for a decent number of gymnasiums in which could be held aau basketball and volleyball tournaments as well as the leagues that compete with aau which are several.[/QUOTE

well, I'm looking at some soccer fields on the sketch and there used to be a HUGE volleyball tourney held at the intramural center. Been a while since i've known them to have it but there were a ton of teams for that. I'm thinking the bang for the buck is better in building fields vs building multiple gym facilities and the draw greater. Would think if you wanted to host a basketball tourney you could use the intramural center couldn't you? dunno.

Our family wont be getting any use out of the new rec area but I'm thrilled about it happening for the community. Its gonna screw up my dog training area though as the new softball fields will sit right on my "blind field". I think we need more retriever training areas.
    Anything done at the IC will go to Tech. Plus the games aren't as "clean" as in separate gyms. The courts are right next to each other with the basketballs crossing and having to stop play. Considering the cost of entry fees, quite a bit of money can be made from these tourneys. It's how Mike Theus got his Nike program started in Shreveport in the early 90s by hosting tournaments at different locations there. A dog park would be an excellent addition as well with training areas.

+ Reply to Thread