+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 196 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2940

Thread: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

Re: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Quote Originally Posted by LT2 View Post
    Does anyone know what is going in across from First National Bank on Hwy. 167 north?
    I was told an office building. The Hwy. 167 corridor has pretty tight regulations on what can / cannot go in due to the neighborhoods behind it. It seems like all of that was discussed and negotiated between the city and the homeowners in that area about 8 or 10 years ago. I think they allow office buildings, dental and other professional offices, and a few others but restrict businesses that would be open past 6 PM and require bright parking lot lights or speaker boxes, etc.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Pitcherjlt View Post
    I was told an office building. The Hwy. 167 corridor has pretty tight regulations on what can / cannot go in due to the neighborhoods behind it. It seems like all of that was discussed and negotiated between the city and the homeowners in that area about 8 or 10 years ago. I think they allow office buildings, dental and other professional offices, and a few others but restrict businesses that would be open past 6 PM and require bright parking lot lights or speaker boxes, etc.
    Im pretty sure that entire tract is a PUD - Planned Unit Development. This gives the developers (Wayne and Diane Hunter) a little leeway, however, the amount of leeway they get is strictly spelled out in advance of the first turn of dirt (which was many many years ago) and is approved by P&Z and the city council. My understanding is that what is currently under construction will be mixed use retail/professional spaces.

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    Im pretty sure that entire tract is a PUD - Planned Unit Development. This gives the developers (Wayne and Diane Hunter) a little leeway, however, the amount of leeway they get is strictly spelled out in advance of the first turn of dirt (which was many many years ago) and is approved by P&Z and the city council. My understanding is that what is currently under construction will be mixed use retail/professional spaces.
    Yeah, that's the way I understand the PUD as well. I think the original poster is talking about a spot south of where the Hunters development is located that is basically across Hwy. 167 from First National Bank. There was an older, wood frame house there and it is been taken down and trees have been cleared. It is right next to the big "Woodard Family" home.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, that's the way I understand the PUD as well. I think the original poster is talking about a spot south of where the Hunters development is located that is basically across Hwy. 167 from First National Bank. There was an older, wood frame house there and it is been taken down and trees have been cleared. It is right next to the big "Woodard Family" home.
    That was home of the Albrittons. He was retired from city utilities and had a gazillion Christmas lights every year. Kind of gaudy but was one of those things you looked for every year. Sad to see them and their house gone. Also miss the lighted “gingerbread house” across and south of their house.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Did a little more checking. It's going to be a small office park. The development includes the house due south and adjacent to the lot that was cleared. It will be renovated and repurposed into commercial/professional space with new construction behind it and the majority of the cleared lot used for the parking lot.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    Did a little more checking. It's going to be a small office park. The development includes the house due south and adjacent to the lot that was cleared. It will be renovated and repurposed into commercial/professional space with new construction behind it and the majority of the cleared lot used for the parking lot.
    Ruston needs more parking spaces like a moose needs a hat rack.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Ruston needs more parking spaces like a moose needs a hat rack.
    Unless there's been some big changes, the campus can use some more parking spaces.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

True, but at least it's being addressed. The new parking lot across the railroad footbridge is designed so a second level can be added. There will be a lot more parking around the new engineering building. And we've already paved other lots on that end of campus in the past year.

Bulldog LT2 is an unknown

Does anyone know why they are clearing the timber on both sides of Kentucky Avenue near Cedar Creek? I understand that the North side will be a new road but I don't understand why they are clearing the south side.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Unless there's been some big changes, the campus can use some more parking spaces.
    Entitlement mentality.

Too many Automobile owners think is owed paved roads and free vehicle storage.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Entitlement mentality.

Imagine that. Taxpayers actually expecting good roads and highways in return for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by LT2 View Post
    Does anyone know why they are clearing the timber on both sides of Kentucky Avenue near Cedar Creek? I understand that the North side will be a new road but I don't understand why they are clearing the south side.
    Seems like I have heard that there is going to be a rework of the E. Kentucky, Cedar Creek, Goodwin Road area to make traffic flow in that area safer and more efficient. Also, with E. Kentucky being expanded I am sure there will be a nice sidewalk running the entire length since Ruston is moving towards becoming more pedestrian friendly.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    There's a lot of empty spaces around JAS during peak school time.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Entitlement mentality.

Not only that....but I am entitled to a parking spot near every front door in every building!

Bulldog LT2 is an unknown

Still wondering what is being built across from Sears.

+ Reply to Thread