+ Reply to Thread
Page 176 of 196 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2940

Thread: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Peanut Buckets Coming to DAWGTOWN

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    Did Moon's close?
    I hope not, my dad talked about it all the time and I still haven’t gotten a steak from there.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Our new bargain meal is craft beer/pizza. Ruston vs. Monroe/WM is a tie.

Chains along I-20 in both places are just bad. We've given up on "Walk-ons". It was good the first few times. Three bad trips in a row. Done with it.

One of my pet peeves is expensive Mexican or Tex-Mex. I can pick up a couple of steaks and cook them for what we pay to eat friggin' Mexican food now.

Not sure what Ruston has for seafood, but we have plenty of options in Monroe/WM if you don't mind fried. Flying burger in Ruston is good, but too pricey.

Monroe/WM certainly has Ruston beat regarding Italian options.
    Partially you simply can't win on variety vs a larger city. I will note that Flying Tiger is a great marketing partnership for ulm. I think Utility has done a few things like that, the Ruston Red, etc, but not sure how interested they are in something tighter.

I'd like to see more unique places in Ruston. We don't need a Bonjangles.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Partially you simply can't win on variety vs a larger city. I will note that Flying Tiger is a great marketing partnership for ulm. I think Utility has done a few things like that, the Ruston Red, etc, but not sure how interested they are in something tighter.

I'd like to see more unique places in Ruston. We don't need a Bonjangles.
    Ruston has a good variety of fast food chains, Mexican, and a few local joints. The local joints need to update their menu’s/ choices. Ruston doesn’t have much for fine dining or good fresh seafood.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Trio’s and Beau Vine are nice and food is very good. It would be nice to have another higher end option.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Trio’s and Beau Vine are nice and food is very good. It would be nice to have another higher end option.
    Glad to hear Trios is to your liking. It's always been one of my favorites over here for lunch and dinner. The Trio's salad is the best!

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I hope not, my dad talked about it all the time and I still haven’t gotten a steak from there.
    I saw somewhere on Facebook they were going to, but I don't remember when the last day was/is supposed to be.

Glad to hear Trios is to your liking. It's always been one of my favorites over here for lunch and dinner. The Trio's salad is the best!
    And their lunch is absolutely reasonable. I think my wife and I got out of there for around $30 and had plenty to eat.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Chic-a-dilly, Moon’s, Port-a-Prince, Pepe’s, Sonic, what more do you want?
    Chic a Dilly is on it's last leg as a franchise - I don't frequent it anymore due to cheap ingredients and continued health sanitation violations

Moon's is no more as of December 31 - Jerry Bailey's kids don't want to spend the money to get the building up to date to meet minimum sanitation requirements

Port Au Prince is over rated and not very good in my book - I live a stone's throw from it and might frequent it twice a year

Never had a Pepe's - Now I will stick the Homer Gonzalez against anyone

Homer, Haynesville and Bernice haven't had a Sonic in over 7 years
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

I agree on Port Au Prince. Most people I know rave about it. We like to go with big groups because it’s easy. Maybe 2-3 times a year for us too.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

Moon's is no more as of December 31 - Jerry Bailey's kids don't want to spend the money to get the building up to date to meet minimum sanitation requirements
    I actually think one of the kids is cooking at a place in Bernice. Was Avery Mercantile (sp) until recently when the building changed hands.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    I actually think one of the kids is cooking at a place in Bernice. Was Avery Mercantile (sp) until recently when the building changed hands.
    How Jerry kept the state health dept off of him the last 20+ years is a small miracle - I love their steaks but you really didn't want to see "how the sausage was made" there...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

the new Dawg House is open

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebelboi View Post
    the new Dawg House is open
    Hope the keep this one clean.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Hope the keep this one clean.
    Early reviews are not good. I haven’t tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    How Jerry kept the state health dept off of him the last 20+ years is a small miracle - I love their steaks but you really didn't want to see "how the sausage was made" there...
    That’s probably true for most good meals you ever ate. Would your grandmother’s kitchen pass a health dept. inspection?

+ Reply to Thread